aaa SOUNDCRAFT-SPIRIT_FX 8 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: SOUNDCRAFT-SPIRIT_FX 8

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             18-Nov-02  @  05:27 PM   -   SOUNDCRAFT-SPIRIT_FX 8

bnl77338

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have the FX8 for the karaoke. I spent weeks to set the mixer according to the manufacturing suggestions, but still could not get the microphone vocal and the dvd music input (w/o vocal) mix well. What I am looking for is the well mixing of the music so you can hear like you are singing on stage. You can hear the difference when you play the DVD with vocal versus singing with the music from the same song. How do we chek to make sure the music mixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. For your infor, I have all faders set at 0 and the master fader up all the way. micrphone sens at half. LEX-FX out at max, LEX-FX aux master set to max for max input to the FX. Lexicon return set at 7.5.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             18-Nov-02  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: SOUNDCRAFT-SPIRIT_FX 8

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

your mixer ought to be set to best deal with the source.. you need a concrete understanding of mixer operation.. ie. keeping levels high but not clipping. in other words, you can't set a mixer like a recipe book. it's a tool.. learn how to use it properly.

it's a bit hard for me to see exactly what you're having difficulty with.. you're saying your karaoke vocals don't sound like cd vocals? if so, then of course! cd vocals are generally 'engineered' to emphasise desirable qualities..

..for instance, the vocals are probably run through a compressor or other process to even out the dynamics (loudness.)

perhaps if you describe what you're trying to do, someone can point you in the right direction. ie. if you are attempting to get a finished/radio/cd sound for live performance, you prolly want to get an fx box w/a de-esser and compressor somewhere in there..

now i'll read the other threads and see if i totally missed boat on thsi one..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)