aaa A-Station Basslines - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: A-Station Basslines

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Nov-02  @  09:45 PM   -   A-Station Basslines

d'n'b_head

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Novation A-Station Basslines? Thick and fat and perfect for drum'n'bass or I should look into something else?? I'm interested in the pads, vocoder, and the other things it's capable of too but I need a good BASSLINE machine...thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             22-Nov-02  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: A-Station Basslines

milan

Link?: Link

short memory span, what?

Message 3/6             23-Nov-02  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: A-Station Basslines

d'n'b_head

lol....yeah I didn't really get an answer. I searched TEXT for A-Station and THAT gave me some results and there is a discussion about b-lines but all they seem to say is that they haven't tried the novation...only the pulse or ms-20...

Message 4/6             25-Nov-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: A-Station Basslines

k

Link?:  Link

well, it's based on the same OS as the supernova series which does alot of different analog style stuff. The supernova stuff is pretty renowned for a good bass-end & 'warmth' but there's more to it that that - eq & compression etc is all part of it too. It's as good as anything out there V.A-wise - some like the Supernova series, some like Access, there is Waldorf too of course and others such as the Darkstar which has a pretty phenomenal bass-end.

Then you have REAL analog as an option.. stuff like the Waldorf Pulse is one such machine, although the options are much more limited for choice of machine and would cost alot more in most cases. the thing about real analog is, you need to use compression & eq to get it under control so it's not going to blow speakers or so that it'll cut to vinyl ok etc, and then when it is 'controlled' a bit the differences between real analog & V.A isnt much, it becomes much more subtle.

the thing about the A-Station is that it is cheap due to it being mono-timbrel whilst having all the synthesis abilities of a much larger synth. That is quite unique I think, and then with it's other abilities such as vocoder there's little else in that price range to choose from. Plus using h/d recording techniques you can, despite it's monotimbrel performance and low polyphony, use it for layering other sounds if you get into recording parts to audio that have been composed using midi. In that respect you get much more than just a bassline box of course as the supernova sounds cover a huge variety of sound types from synth strings & pads to fx sounds and the rest.

Best bet is to book a proper demo (thru good speakers in a quiet environment) at a reliable local dealer if possible.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             28-Nov-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: A-Station Basslines

d'n'b_head

Thanks for the DETAILED answer K...I'm gonna consider it!

Message 6/6             10-Dec-02  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: A-Station Basslines

d'n'b_head

Well I got to try the K-Station at Guitar Center and OH MY GOD that thing is nice! I picked one of the basses and cranked up the distortion and you have thought Bad Company was up in there!! I definately think that it's capable of thick, juicy basslines and I can't wait until Christmas to get it! (It's a gift from my girl...I bought her a computer last year so this year she owes me..lol) I picked the K-Station over the A for the simplicity and overall price...$500 for a new A-Station and $500 for a used (but in excellent shape...looks better then the floor model) K-Station so I picked up the K...Hopefully it doesn't give me any problems...thanks!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)