aaa New waldorf synth ? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New waldorf synth ?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Nov-02  @  03:39 PM   -   New waldorf synth ?

Kazhul

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey !!!!
Has any one of you any hint about a new synth, possibly a Waldorf, that is supposed to be intelligent ?
I mean, I've heard that in Germany they were working on a new "neural synthesis" system, which is supposedly the new way for a synth to copy a sound alone by re-synthetizing it (contrary to a sampler which only replays it)...
Any hint ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-Nov-02  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Maarten

Link?: Link

Somehow this makes me think of the Hartmann Neuron... the designer also created the Waldorf Wave and worked on Alesis Andromeda if I'm not mistaken.

Message 3/8             29-Nov-02  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Pongoid

Yeah, your talking about the Neuron. It seems like a pretty neat thing, but I've yet to try one out or hear it in full effect. A lot of the features in its design seem very smart, but the sound really is the question.

I did check out the A6, and still ahve yet to really dig into it, but so far it sounds pretty damn good, but not really super ananlog yet. I'll have to spend some more time with it to really get it so do what I want it to do. The presets sound very...Korg Triton, but done better, yet I haven't cracked all of the interface to get it to sing, so I can't say it's truly the bomb or a lemon yet.

The new Voyager is pretty damn sick. It DOES sound like a Mini on steroids. Cool ass board. Pricey, but it was cool seeing Bob's signiture on it, and makin it stink like a greasy one after a night of guiness and a vindaloo.

Ape

Message 4/8             29-Nov-02  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Kazhul

Hartmann Neuron ?
Never heard of it, but I guess I'll search for infos now that I have a brand name.
Your infos sounds VERY close to what I've been told ! Though it's not Waldorf, it's one of their ex member or something... Yeah ! Neuron, even the name sounds close to the "intelligent synthesis"!

I'll try to figure out where to find one in France or Italy, just to listen to it!
I expect it to be too expensive for me, but the little info I was told seem very interesting.

You've got an A6 Pingoid ?
Sounding like a Korg Triton ?
Do you mean with the moss card ? I own a Trinity V3, with the Z1-like synthesis card, and even though I'm just begining to discover its features, it sounds coooool, yet not much analog!
It's cool, but not really satisfying nor tweakable.

Message 5/8             29-Nov-02  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Kazhul

Hum, wasn't quite clear... I mean I agree with you about the Korg Tri (nity and ton), of course...
I know nothing about the A6 except it exists somewhere in the world !

Message 6/8             29-Nov-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Maarten

http://www.hartmann-music.com/home/

there ya go....

Message 7/8             30-Nov-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Pongoid

no, I do not own one, but there is one in a shop close by, and I've messed with it a bit. Nice sound, but so far very clean. VERY clean. The Voyager, however...peeeyeww!!!, stanky! Nice tool. monophonic for $3500, but ti does have the tone.

I think the Q+ should hold most folks for now. That or a Wave. Folks should actually worry less about the new tools, and just try to get bad with what they've got. There are plenty of wonderful tools out there right now, and even ten and twenty year old technology for musical products are more than 90% of people are using anyway.

The Neuron seems pretty dope, but how many of you have simply considerred getting a MW1 and Sound Diver? You want salt pork type o fat? Strap that one on!!!

Ape

Message 8/8             30-Nov-02  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: New waldorf synth ?

Maarten

hehe, I have  

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)