aaa The World Ends In 2006 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The World Ends In 2006

Viewing all 92 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

Original Message 1/92             03-Dec-02  @  01:15 PM   -   The World Ends In 2006

Steve Webster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just read the bible code article in yesterdays Daily Mail Newspaper. It is the most interesting thing I have ever read. Scary too. It talks about how the bible is encrypted with a code that tells us our future. I can't find the article online so I'm gonna start typing it out. It will take ages though. Basically this code has predicted stuff like Kennedy's assisnation, the Twin Towers, Arifats assisination, etc. It also says that the world will face a nuclear holocast in 2006. Oh dear.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/92             03-Dec-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

bedwyr

Link?: Link

not again?

Message 3/92             03-Dec-02  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

My, what a beautifull day it is indeed.  

Message 4/92             03-Dec-02  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

milan

well aint that some news... i´m shaking already.

say, does that imply everybody or just christians? oh well, we might be better of then... blablablabla... oh kennedy must have been well imortant to be in the bible. did it predict the next weeks lottery? blablablabla...

*yawn*

Message 5/92             03-Dec-02  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

nomad

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html

maybe that will help....

Message 6/92             03-Dec-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

proximus

coming from the serious newspaper, hehe. "Use your social sequrity number to win lotto"

Message 7/92             03-Dec-02  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

steef

1) don't read the daily mail.

2) don't read the daily mail

3) DO NOT READ THE DAILY MAIL

Message 8/92             03-Dec-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

The Aztec calender only runs up to 2006 or 2016 (can't remember which). It could go on further but the Aztecs didn't bother because all the signs pointed to there being no use for a calender after that year! hmmmm'

e

Message 9/92             03-Dec-02  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

well, Phobos is on it's way, isn't it?

Mars, bringer of war

bwaahhhhh bwahh bwahh ....

{insert eerie strings here}

strings  

Message 10/92             03-Dec-02  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

pict

Necronomicon!

Message 11/92             03-Dec-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

xoxos

bontempi!

Message 12/92             03-Dec-02  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

pict

Fisher Price!!!

Message 13/92             03-Dec-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

then you end up in a penile colony

Message 14/92             03-Dec-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

eeerrrrrr penal

Message 15/92             03-Dec-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

Link?:  Link

errata...

arent you talking about the mayan calendar?

Message 16/92             03-Dec-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moounit

:p

Message 17/92             03-Dec-02  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

milan

do i hear 2212? do i hear 2212? first time, second time, who bids more!

Message 18/92             03-Dec-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

pict

According to ancient Gaelic tradition it is something like the year 4326 or something like that.There was a big battle at a place called Magh Tuireadh and the date is measured from that event.

Message 19/92             03-Dec-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

Influx, yeah. I think that's it... very incomplete info in my file. I seem to have trouble accessing files that haven't been used in a while! hehehe, thanks

e

Message 20/92             03-Dec-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

heh. but rush didnt say anything about hte world ending

the mayans and the 2012 thing...I always thought Rush' 2112 was a sorta "after the end, a new beginning" type thing...you know with the whole concept album and all that...

Message 21/92             04-Dec-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

hahaha... totaly... 2112 has got that feel, and theme.

but isn't 2112 the number used to represent the guardian dog demon thing at the gates to hell? I thought I read that somewhere when I was a kid. I always sort of saw 2112 as a life after death kind of thing. Shrug.

Also, because the Mayan's saw no need to track the days and years beyond that date doesn't mean the world would come to an end. Just that there's no reason to keep track of time... hey, the waters being pumped out of the chambers beneathe the great pyramid behind the sphinx at Giza are set to be clear and the chambers accessible about that same time, 2012 I mean. The old Door plate set between the front feet of the sphinx promised knowledge that would alter human awareness....

e

Message 22/92             04-Dec-02  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

well there's end of the world and end of the world.

end of the world as we know it, our representation of it. this is a very slow process, so it's impossible to "view" it, we can only foresee it as we witness the symptoms.

Now, a good sized planet smasher, you won't see either ;p

"I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

DEATH TO THE FEDERATION !!!!

yadda yadda, unfortunately too late  

you gotta love the fact that there's always shitloads of experts ready to put in lots of time to debunk the theories of a fistfull of delusional crackpots. hilarious
my bladder hurts

i just shat myself

Message 23/92             04-Dec-02  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Mindspawn

It ain't Mayan, it's Maya... Mayan refers to the language, Maya refers to the people and their stuffs... i.e., Maya pottery, Maya inscriptions, Maya customs, but the Maya's language is Mayan...

Sorry, just a soft/sore spot of mine....

Message 24/92             04-Dec-02  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

don't apologize, thanks for the correction.

e

Message 25/92             04-Dec-02  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

my bad

ya pedantic madman you 

Message 26/92             04-Dec-02  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

psylichon

whenever the end of the physical world is, it will bring about an understanding in 'all of us' how silly the concept of time and history and individual was in the first place. So don't worry about when it will happen. Just hope it does.

psy

Message 27/92             04-Dec-02  @  07:45 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

wow, another nice coincidence, ilove those.

my neighbor just lent me koyaanisqatsi on dvd.

wow, did i say wow

this guy can be so on topic, i always wonder which one of you he is.  

stalker ;p

Message 28/92             04-Dec-02  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

koyaanisqatsi

who?

Message 29/92             04-Dec-02  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Mindspawn

Didn't Phillip Glass work on that soundtrack?

Message 30/92             04-Dec-02  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

psylichon

yup. though I never saw it. you can bet I will now that I looked it up!

psy

Message 31/92             04-Dec-02  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

xoxos

not like i haven't mentioned 'life out of balance' 100 times on this message board.. saw that when it first came out.

i've lived in an 'alternative community.' that worked. how many of you have a clue, eh? tsk, city dweller, no you don't, no you don't.

heh, i think i know all kinds of shit you don't, eh?

Message 32/92             04-Dec-02  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Deano

There are two other films in the series. Powaqqatsi which is about the different peoples of the world and another which I haven't seen about war. I think the guy who was the director of photography on these also made a film of his own but I can't remember what that was called. If you haven't seen any of them you are missing out on something pretty amazing. Much better on the big screen of course.

Message 33/92             04-Dec-02  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

proximus

2012, that's cyberpunk age. Too bad if the world is going to end there  

Message 34/92             04-Dec-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

Hmmm... I better start sending out some demo's then.

Message 35/92             04-Dec-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

yup, you do  

funny thing is i had seen this movie, many many moons ago, a bad vhs copy.

ok, i confess, i gave in to the dvd madness  

but then it's not my fault, my trusty cd player broke and it was the same price to replace it with a dvd.

and it's got this cool strobe function on it. lovely, try it with "For all mankind" and pop in a soundtrack of your choice and a bag of shrooms.

note: you should pop the bag of shrooms in your mouth for better results.

as soundtrack, well, most anything will work, funny enough. I like waveform transmission, or bible of dreams or that matthew herbert guy. Hell, even the plump djs will work :D

Message 36/92             04-Dec-02  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

herbert mmmm

Message 37/92             04-Dec-02  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

you could start by sending one to me

the complete works please  

Message 38/92             04-Dec-02  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

What? Magic Mushies or a demo?  

Message 39/92             04-Dec-02  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

he heh, a demo you crazy knob! :P

please ?

i've got money, i will pay ! it's gotta have a track list tho'. And i want everything. not just a few tracks.

aawwwww c'mon, be a sport !

Message 40/92             04-Dec-02  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

k

Well, look on the bright side.... No more 'Fame Academy' or 'Pop Stars' !!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 41/92             04-Dec-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

hehe... transistor303@hotmail.com

Message 42/92             04-Dec-02  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

yup, just log in on DT and fullfill your stars need. good move that bunker thing.

so you live by the river then, eh?

Message 43/92             04-Dec-02  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

Nevermind... just read your e-mail and replied "moonunit"...hehe  

Message 44/92             04-Dec-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

in case you missed it...

http://www.yowusa.com/Archive/February2002/LiarLiar1/liarliar1.htm

Message 45/92             06-Dec-02  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

What's new

First off, I am by no means an optimist, nor am I a Christian. That said consider this. People have been predicting the end of the world for centuries. The apostle Paul in the bible told his disciples not to marry because they thought even back then that "Jesus was coming back soon." The doom and gloom philosophy has haunted our thinking for centuries. People thought the world was going to end in the year 1000. Anyone remember Y2K? What a joke. Rod Serling depicted the world ending in 1974 in a twilight zone episode. If the world does end soon it won't be from providence or divine intervention it will be a self fulling prophecy brought about by the collective idiocy and self destructive death wish of billions of people making stupid choices, engaging in destructive behavior and being driven by defective dogmatic oppressive ideology. The human race won't last forever, but I suspect we will be here for quite a while longer in one capacity or another.

Message 46/92             06-Dec-02  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

Whats new - fair enough

I thought this also that after a while the self fulfilling becomes with believing powerful individuals, where possibly self hate (see reasons in other posts) becomes hate and then suicide, and as the father can kill the child so the powerful loose the limitation of society care.

Also the profecy business (like all coms cottage industries) really gets a boon from the internet (see Beckham runour). Given the volume and un referenced nature of much of this material selective reading can enforce belief whilst drowning more relevant material.

In the end though what do you do. Take the best of every moment and live life. excuse preach

Message 47/92             06-Dec-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Jock

bollocks to the aztech and malayan calenders. I just noticed my Zoe Birkett calendar only goes up to the 31st December THIS YEAR. Thats bloody dead scary, I'm cacking my shreddies.

Message 48/92             06-Dec-02  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

k

yet another reason why christianity should be fucking banned or at least christians should be barred from holding any type of public office where their rubbish fantasy dogma can influence their choices and descisions.

Loons, the lot of them imo

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 49/92             06-Dec-02  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

bedwyr

i've got my own rubbish fantasy dogma. it's the one where i rul (sic) and nobody else's opinion counts  

and really, steef is half right, you should only read the daily mail to find out what the enemy's thinking.

Message 50/92             06-Dec-02  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

xoxos

hey, bedwyr's awake.. some of you still on the pillow tho

Message 51/92             06-Dec-02  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Maarten

yeah, quiet isn't it?

Message 52/92             06-Dec-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

but who cares?!
game's over..lLets go get wasted man!!
To the seven-eleven !!!
To the liquor store!
Let's party all night
Then party some more!

funny the correlation between tech and christianity. It's always the group with more tech that spearheads the whole thing righteously.

it's all a repackage if you ask me

bedwyr  

Message 53/92             06-Dec-02  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

psylichon

what can you party on at 7-11? Mini Thins?

Message 54/92             06-Dec-02  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

the nacho cheese is an hallucinogen, I swear to god! Or maybe it was the Acid, but that doesn't usualy have that kind of effect.

Zzzzzzzz

In California a few years back the republican nominee for the governors race said, "I am a catholic, of course my christian views will figure into my policy and decision making." Everyone beat him up for that and he lost HUGE in the election to our useless current lord and master!

Honestly I wouldn't vote for a person who told me their rigid christian view will figure into their decision making. But I respect him for saying that it will... I mean, of course your beliefs figure into your decisions. He just had a set of beliefs i don't agree with...

e

Message 55/92             06-Dec-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

and has NO business applying them to politics. pure and simple

and LOL at JOCK!!!! HOLY SHIT! I just noticed mine ends too!

OH NO!

Message 56/92             06-Dec-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

xoxos

what? you mean applying your tenets to the entirety is wrong? are you suggesting that politics is something beyond this, then??

as they say, looks good on paper, but not when a very angry giant robot is kicking you in the nuts.

Message 57/92             06-Dec-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

pict

I agree getting your nuts kicked does tend to demand all your attention.

Message 58/92             07-Dec-02  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

http://www.drunkcow.com/files/picture/94466923.jpg

Message 59/92             07-Dec-02  @  04:46 PM     Edit: 07-Dec-02  |  04:50 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

xoxos

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Message 60/92             07-Dec-02  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

psylichon

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I always pictured it more like that.

psy

Message 61/92             07-Dec-02  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

psylichon

hahah, you quick editer you!

Message 62/92             08-Dec-02  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Zazza

You fools.. the world ended ages ago...

This is merely a bad VHS copy... run for the amusement of our insect overlords...

which explains the crappy quality of life on earth... the tape is wearing out...

sniff...

Message 63/92             08-Dec-02  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

bedwyr

that's all right, there's probably something on the shopping channel.

Message 64/92             10-Dec-02  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Jock

Are you saying this is all like the Matrix ? If so, do you know how I can hack into the programme to give myself a bigger nob ? Or maybe so I could loose the plum honey over Trinity's chebs ?

Message 65/92             29-Dec-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

realtrance

Do you think, if a disciple of Cthulhu ran for governor of California, s/he would win next time around?

Let me know, I have lots of planning to do if the answer is yes.

rt

Message 66/92             01-Jan-03  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Kreature

It's Myan/Maian it's 2012 and we're all ed!

Reason being that sun spot cycles (which the Myans measured with the cunning use of observation and environmental awareness) will create strong disruption of the earths climatc system, you know floods, droughts, freezes, tropical storms for everyone, that kind of malarkey. Of course in central and more southern parts it will be a fine dry day.

Aside from that who gives a . We've raped the shit out of the planet anyway, there's not much that the small band of dolphin loving, yoghurt weavers can do about it, and it's not going to be much fun in skegness after the nuclear apocalypse anyway. Thank you G.W.

All I can say is dance hard, take (some) drugs and hope that when the shit hits the fan aliens come to earth an save your sorry ass.

PLUR

Message 67/92             01-Jan-03  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

k

i'd have though a nuclear holaucaust would improve Skegness somewhat.  

Message 68/92             01-Jan-03  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

d

ha!

Message 69/92             01-Jan-03  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

bedwyr

"aliens come to earth an save your sorry ass" ? i was hoping for the insect overlords

Message 70/92             01-Jan-03  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

yeah..its a much shorter trip

btw...anyone seen "happy accidents" with D'Onofrio and that real cute girl?

I thought it was damn good for a romantic movie

Message 71/92             02-Jan-03  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

marianimal

You know, I would pick a trancehead over Gray Davis. For governor. Maybe discipleship needs to be kept between oneself and Cthulhu.

Everyone lets their moral and religious beliefs shape their politics, I imagine. The only way to get rid of that is to get rid of politics. I spose ideally people try to live amongst those who share roughly the same morals and beliefs, but it's impossible in the US, except maybe in very small communities and who's ready for that?

Message 72/92             02-Jan-03  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

Hippies! Livin' in communes... Breastfeeding each others children! CARING for one another!

Keep your cthulhic leanings to yourself... that's what Republicans need to do in this state to get elected...

There was an old school techno band in england called Zuhvaya (or some voodoo business) they were fighting to achieve an independent state of Dancefordshire... back during the ugly CJB crap in the early 90's. Not SUCH a rediculous idea!

e

Message 73/92             02-Jan-03  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

damn...just makes me think of the failed communes of the 60s. Of course, the viable ones didnt get the focus, did they.

dunno...

Message 74/92             02-Jan-03  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

influx...

The one's that worked are still working all over the hills over Northern California... no kidding. There's a lot of them! Damn hippies...

I know some people who live in one up by Arcata! Good folks, throw good parties, treat everyone nicely. Not a lot of BS... I'm sure there's drawbacks, can't just be laziness that's kept me away!

e

Message 75/92             02-Jan-03  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

about communes still working. I am sure, in the past, some capitalist democracaies said many times how flawed and failing communism was and perhaps only reported bad news about Soviet Russia and the rest of the red devils. Of course the example rathers falls on its face - as did communism, but is rescued because it is commune-ism. Ho ho

Message 76/92             03-Jan-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

well, the Soviets were actualy Socialism... which tramples the rights of individuals in preference of a common good, as dictated by a controlling "party".

Communism (especially where I've seen it work) is only really workable on a small scale! Major decisions are usualy made by a trusted representative of the group rather than a dictator. And if you disagree with the majority you're free to go and do your own thing.

Communists can leave, socialists shoot those who want to leave! see?

e

Message 77/92             03-Jan-03  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

Zazza

whut?

Message 78/92             03-Jan-03  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

Influx apos - i didn't read all of your message - "the viable ones didnt get the focus" - you covered most of my last comment (man i am handing out alot of appos right now)

Anyways - just spoke to actual (former) soviet citizen (wife) and she says that it was never socialism, the idea was good and nice but in reality there no choice and people abused power. However everyone did have a job, trasnportation, medicine, roof, food and lots of art AND there were no SUV's - though Trabants are much worse for the environment

She has also told me that when central planning ended up making too many shoes there would be an advert on the TV and newspapers with just the words "cipõ a cipõbolt" meaning "shoes in the shoe shop" - up front realy gets there dunnit?

Now, here the socialist party is in power and is many of the same crowd who were torturing soviet puppets, BUT the nice people(??) (Fidesz Party) are the right wing, but if you look at the agenda the socialists have a right wing agenda and the 'so called' right wing have a left wing agenda - eh?. Should say that I voted ignorance and apathy based on a platform of complete ignorance (this opinion is all second hand poorly rememberd from recent election)

Personally - I have to say this is a cool place, people are sweet (tad depressed maybe) but I am loving it, and (as Milan mentioned, with schauzenfreud) at least it's not 'socialist' UK or ...wtf US - But wait, is that the EU express i hear, with rooms full of rules and corporate smiles holding breifcases filled with shiny beads and contracts, I am sure I was in this dream once before

Message 79/92             06-Jan-03  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

right, I wasn't making a textbook statement about the literal meanings of these government types. I'm talking more about the popular socialist governments of the 20 th century.

The point being, socialism does not pretend that people know what's good for them, while communism does...

e

Message 80/92             07-Jan-03  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

e - you are putting your head in a dangerous place. How can you know anything when it's based on the spin of history, especially a history with vested (albeit from the old days) interest in painting 'them' black.

I have this sad feeling that there is no truth, between what we both see and differently describe, what the editor is being prompted to include and what is approved for the 'new improved' national curriculum.

Then of course what we call something and what it may be and what we start thinking / saying and what we end up doing to achieve (?) or just plain survive.

Looking for black I though of the environment and the kids and how much they cost. Maybe we should have been a little more hard on them when they were younger, it would be nicer in old age to not think spoilt brat.

Generalizations are all the same

Message 81/92             07-Jan-03  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

If our heads our safe, they aren't learning. My generalizations are stated as such. I have a very dear friend who grew up in soviet russia. His family talks about the attitudes there before they moved here. These unclear generalizations are where I'm coming from. I admit, I have a bad habit of stating my perceptions as fact.

As i said, I was trying to describe what has been called socialism in the 20th century... it IS a far cry from communism. Ruling socialist parties around the world in the 20th century dispensed with the notion that the populace has social interests at heart and imposed social agendas on their citizens.

I'm not making a judgement statement here... but just because everyone is working, doesn't mean every WANTS to live in a system where everyone is working.

e

Message 82/92             08-Jan-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

OK but what is work, in former 'socialist' times here work was a larf, they couldn't / didn't sack you - you had a job for life.

I don't say was the best thing for a country but on the other hand I was at a wedding in Texas a few years back, mate marries rich fellas daughter, we are visiting the rich parents of bird, there is classic (TM) sweet old granmom banging out the nibbles other standard (TM) grandmom behaviour, anyway talk goes to the family company and about how to get more out of the 2 main sales guys (not that they were not doing well - the family just wanted more (imagine)) when gran chips up with "Tell them both that the one that sells most will keep there job". Nice people but thin veneer

Message 83/92             08-Jan-03  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

nice point! and very valuable. Like I said, it wasn't a judgement statement. Just an observation.

e

Message 84/92             08-Jan-03  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

influx

leanin toward the idea of a social democracy myself....with a "libertarian" stance.

guidance, not control.

Message 85/92             09-Jan-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

nothing personal influx but control - whether it be from an editorial / point and shoot / wearing a happy face distance (for example) does alter and to think there is some plan.., what!!

However another way is throwing in, contributing - at the momentular level - pull from infront, as it were - where is the guidance there?(Guidancetech - never)

In the context of my contributions on socialism - Should say that being here in this country illuminates my inability to lend any historical or subjective (arguably personal) fact/info to this aspectr. - and must be testament to my unwillingness to learn, thank you.

e - your earlier use of "party", it's a system with "options". New boss comin.

Oh yeah "recordnition"

Message 86/92             09-Jan-03  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

what is the association between collective population respresentation (government) and extinction in social diversity. Or how about, politics or war, as a less elegant facet, and the the creation of an 'us' and the genocide of social difference within the protection/profligation of the 'us'.

Harping I know, and although relevant particularly now, as a mass of data to instruct us as to our common drivers how does this come to individuals. For solopists discussions sake how about through ethnic (ie Chinatown) and interest groupings (here) and through families and some managable unit (like 'me'). But IF this is 'general bahaviour' in any way relevant to me then what can we extrapolate about this trend in our everyday behaviour (not how it relates to these larger scale issues) but say how we look for and handle individual difference or how we bring together seemingly different aspects of ourselves into a net individual output or expressed opinion.

anyone tickled?

Message 87/92             09-Jan-03  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

Everyone's a beautiful snowflake?! Formed as an independent and utterly unique unit from the same cloud, and as we descend we are perfectly DIFFERENT? But when we come together again on the earth we form a whole which blankets the earth with an apparent singularity of grace and beauty?

As you might say... Bollox to that, eh???

Cloistering in groups of like minded or motivated individuals is as old as the trees. But here we are... hunting and gathering on the plains. Mating exclusively, for life! Wondering at how we can reconcile the hard life antics of a cave dweller with the hedonism of the orgyistic communal tree hugger.

I cannot see where everyday behaviour does NOT relate to these larger issues. The question, for me though... is, Are these issues a result of our behviour, or is our behaviour a result of these issues. The answer may lead to the ability to redefine the nature of the experience. But excellerated evolution will take a lot more than whinging about the government and crypticaly munging words about the dependence of the individual on the collective.

e

Message 88/92             10-Jan-03  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

"Are these issues a result of our behviour, or is our behaviour a result of these issues. "

what if either is understood and entirely dependent on the other then they are the same and can be manipulated, scale falls away and lies step through size, new (improved) lies gathering confidence from their fathers successes and economic laws about ecomonies of scale suggesting an efficiency. Why did we start them..?

And another thing. Doing the dishes this morning I thought of different sides and realized that sides are aspects of the same thing. Perhaps we need to look at agression like infection or an autoimmune disease

Message 89/92             10-Jan-03  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

errata

Careful, you're sounding a little zen there.

If the the issue is dependent on our behaviour than we can take responsibility for our actions and change the issue.

If the behaviour and the issue are interdependent than we must change our perception of them. Since our behaviour is dependent on our perception... with a different perspective we can change our behaviour and that would change the issue.

However, what if there's nothing to change but our perception. The behaviour and the issue might just be a result of our thinking they should be the way they are. Perhaps there's nothing really to change but our attitude. With that kind of perception, the issues which appear to fall out of line are right were they belong. And if the things we aren't fond of are dependent upon what we like and dislike, than everything becomes what it is, rather than a subjective experience based on what we expect from the events in our life.

e

Message 90/92             11-Jan-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

If anyone else wants to contribute or tell us to piss off...

"we can take responsibility for our actions and change the issue" - if they let you - if they don't climb out of your cupboard with a syringe and a phychiatrist or out of the back of an unmarked military transport - or just drop some 'past sell by date' munitions on you and call it friendly fire

I hear you e but my point is in knowing these things - making output from philosophy, in the real world science fiction authors spin up stories that become truth (Larry Niven - star wars), marketeers write speeches and make policy, methods of capturing data and automating analysis improve daily (interactive TV / little black boxes in ISP routers/the old but true maxim that total data=quality data). Where is this going... The possibility that action will be reversed, not becuase is must/should happen (for any one common good) but perhaps just because it can happen and they have the tools to make it happen and if it doesn't work they have the force to ensure it happens anyway. It can all be a test run for the big one. Man i hate using 'they' more than once in a paragraph

When i close the world out and it still knocks on my door, when masses of people and politicians cannot act against ruling government, when sense is a 'retro make fit' around original intention and love and honour are used to fuel hate and deciet it's time for a break. tea anyone

Message 91/92             11-Jan-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

cheddar

If anyone else wants to contribute or tell us to piss off...

"we can take responsibility for our actions and change the issue" - if they let you - if they don't climb out of your cupboard with a syringe and a phychiatrist or out of the back of an unmarked military transport - or just drop some 'past sell by date' munitions on you and call it friendly fire

I hear you e but my point is in knowing these things - making output from philosophy, in the real world science fiction authors spin up stories that become truth (Larry Niven - star wars), marketeers write speeches and make policy, methods of capturing data and automating analysis improve daily (interactive TV / little black boxes in ISP routers/the old but true maxim that total data=quality data). Where is this going... The possibility that action will be reversed, not becuase is must/should happen (for any one common good) but perhaps just because it can happen and they have the tools to make it happen and if it doesn't work they have the force to ensure it happens anyway. It can all be a test run for the big one. Man i hate using 'they' more than once in a paragraph

When i close the world out and it still knocks on my door, when masses of people and politicians cannot act against ruling government, when sense is a 'retro make fit' around original intention and love and honour are used to fuel hate and deciet it's time for a break. tea anyone

Message 92/92             11-Jan-03  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: The World Ends In 2006

moonunit

if i may...

I think the big problem now is the way time is handled. very important decisions are made without vision because of the UTC diktat. everything is too centered around trimestrial return and "just in time".

sorry for interrupting, please go on.

Viewing all 92 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

There are 92 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)