aaa MicroQ Lite???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MicroQ Lite????

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             03-Dec-02  @  05:30 PM   -   MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've been updating my studio again and I'm thinking of getting a virtual analog synth.. Thomann has a great deal of MicroQ Lite. I know it's like MicroQ with less voices. But they say it includes some kind of update coupon to MicroQ? Now I guess I can't just stick the coupon inside MicroQ and have it updated, right?   Would I have to send it somewhere to be updated? Does somebody know how this works..?

I just ordered 80GB Maxtor HD with 8MB buffer..should be good for audio recording. Also I'll update my Win2000 to XP. The rest of my 'operation update' will include mostly cables..  

Anyway..about the MicroQ Lite..??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             03-Dec-02  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Stefan

Link?: Link

You have to send the update coupon to Waldorf in germany and will receive a file that you must transfer to the mQ via midi. I don't know if they send the file via email or as disc.

Maybe you can ask at
http://www.waldorf-music.de/contact/

Message 3/26             03-Dec-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

Link?:  No link

REALLY?

The addition of timbrality and voices is a software issue? If that's true they're EVIL! Something simple and no extra cost to them (thay've already done all the development and leg work), held out for money. I'd feel like an ass if I did that! Like charging the crowd an extra few bucks to play for an hour instead of 45 minutes.

Altruism for sale here!!!

e

Message 4/26             03-Dec-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

That is SO wrong!! Is the 75 voices update just new software too..? If so it makes me wonder is there a hacked 150 voice sysex midi file available somewhere in the net..   Anyway, thanks for the info Stefan!

Message 5/26             03-Dec-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Stefan

The update from microQ lite to the full 25 voice version is just software, the 75 voice omega version needs a hardware upgrade.

Errata: You can see it the other way round: they sold the 25 voice full version far below the original price (I payed € 850 for the mQ) as mQ lite and hoped to get their money from those who order the software update later.

Message 6/26             03-Dec-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

sure... i paid $700 for my 25 voice uQ. But I seriously doubt if they sold the new "lite" version at under cost. I'd bet the 25 voice uQ has paid for RandD and overhead on production for the entire Q line by now! Everybody's got one... and for good reason, it's a steal at that price for the power.

I just can't help but think that witholding features that are a snap to include is a form of gouging the consumer. I could claim to my audience that I intended to play for 45 minutes but since they're groovin' I'll play for a full hour if they can kick up a few bucks!

just seems, well - unseemly!

e

Message 7/26             04-Dec-02  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Pongoid

Ok, it's only fifteen minutes, but if they said they were going to cut you short on cash but you didn't have to play as long, cuz they couldn't afford to pay what they had originally promised you, and everybody else paid you what they promised when you delivered, would you play that extra 15 minutes anyway? Or would you stop, and simply enjoy the hospitality, and let them book you again later for a little more cash?

Ape

Message 8/26             04-Dec-02  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

I'd definately play! Even if they were sh*theads about it I'd finish my planned set and remember how it went for the future... if they were cool about it, I'd just play and be cool right back.

Can't help but think it's a loaded question... what did I miss?

e

Message 9/26             04-Dec-02  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

psylichon

As features start to rely on algorithms instead of ic's, we're going to see more and more of these sorts of 'artificial limitations.' The worst are the kinds you can't upgrade from, at any price!

psy

Message 10/26             04-Dec-02  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Stefan

Business. That's all.
We all now that ink jet printers are sold below worth and the manfactures hope to earn their money with the ink cartouches.
Everybody is nagging bout the ink prices.
But somehow they've got to survive, or we'll have no printers and no microQs at all ;-)

Message 11/26             04-Dec-02  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

milan

this strategy weird, but still, microQ is nothing short of amazing for the money. if you want to pay not even that small pice for it then no wonder you are gonna get screwed. i mean, there´s nothing even similar to it in its price range, is there? think about how much a virus-b rack would cost you, and i dont think it offers more for the money...

Message 12/26             05-Dec-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

k

http://www.thomann.de/partner_redirect.html?partner_id=69182&page=iw_sb.html%3fiwid%3d2%26art%3d149695

they are doing a micro-q bundle deal for 555 euro's right now

Message 13/26             06-Dec-02  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Yep..it's 577e for us here in Finland. I have the money but I have to think about it.. It's not much but still a tough decision to make.

Message 14/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Maarten

Nah, shouldn't be a tough decision. Buddy of mine has the MicroQ and boy does it sound yummy- more than it's moneys worth.

Message 15/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

milan

yeah really. it will fulfill all your trance leads, oops meant to say needs, plus tons more. it has an almost unlimited potential. see stefan´s website for more more proof  

Message 16/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

I haven't tried it.. I've only read lots of good reviews. But I think it would be good addition to my synth setup since I don't really have any VA synths.. Well, I have the real analog Roland JX-10 and Korg Z1, which is not really VA but a physical modeling synth. But another thing I'm missing is hardware sequencer. I've tried RM1X and I love it as a sequencer. The sounds are nice but I wouldn't use em much. Anyway, if I got one, I would be able to play live. I just have the feeling that Thomann MicroQ deal can't be beat and it won't be avalilable for long.

Message 17/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Didn't see your post before I replied milan..   Well..why not!! I'll think about it over the weekend and if I still feel I want one I'll get it.  

Message 18/26             08-Dec-02  @  03:55 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Pongoid

Errata, maybe you'd play cuz you haven't had that many gigs. However when you've done hundreds of them, and you've been jerked around enough by people not paying you what they should and agrred to in the beginning, and you've made your budget (like eating and surviving type stuff) based on that, say that to me then. Waldorf still gives you AWESOME bang for the buck. It saddens me that other synth manufacturers don't learn more from these guys interms of quality and features. I'd LIKE to see more killer stuff from other manufacturers, but there just ain't that much exciting out there.

Ape

Actually, a couple of local legends/sicko mad scientists are cooking up AMAZING little boxes, for those in the know....the Evolver and the AdrenaLinn, and they are not particularly expensive for what they can do and the quality they deliver, either. Seek and ye shall find.....

Message 19/26             09-Dec-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

Agreed pongoid, I do have the luxury of remaining altruistic... and if it was my sole source of income I WOULD have a different attitude.

Waldorf DOES provide a deep synth in the micro q for a cheap price. It's the "notion" that they could include more at no cost that bothers me.

My Evolver is on the way! Back orders and all, but I WILL have one soon...

e

Message 20/26             10-Dec-02  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Kazhul

Evolver ? AdrenaLinn ?
hu, gotta ckeck them out ! If they sound as great as Waldorf products... :-)

Message 21/26             10-Dec-02  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/

Waaahhhooooooo.... That's one mean little monster! You won't be sorry.

e

Message 22/26             11-Dec-02  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Pongoid

The Growl sample alone sold me. First sound I heard out of it, and KNEW it meant business at that point. Dude, anything that can pull that kind of sheer flesh rending tone out gets a two-thumbs-up, and 3/4 erect in my book. Evolver is sick. No offense Wolfram, but the Pulse Plus just got beat out (STOMPED ON!!!!) in every catagory, including size.

Ape

Message 23/26             11-Dec-02  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Maarten

wow, that's one dirty puppy...

Message 24/26             15-Dec-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Bastiaan

What is to stop shops to buy 1 upgrade and then sell their lites as regular microq's.

Message 25/26             15-Dec-02  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Stefan

Until now none of the known hacker groups has shown interest in reengineering the operating system and removing the serial number request ;-)

Message 26/26             25-Dec-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Well, I've made up my mind. I'm gonna save money for RS7000. I tried one and I think it's the dream come true sequencer for studio and live use. I might have to sell some gear allthough I've decided to keep all the synths I ever buy.. Maybe RS7000 could replace my A4000 since I don't use it to it's limits. I'll hopefully get one of those Waldorf va's later if they'll be available then..I hope so!

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)