aaa weird slapback echo - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: weird slapback echo

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             07-Dec-02  @  09:10 PM   -   weird slapback echo

panama

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

guys, I got me a problem. Just reloacted all my music equipment (monitors and such) and now i got this horrible slap back echo with high frequencies. I can hardly mix crap anymore with this echo. My new setup sounds better but now I'm getting this irritating slap back echo. It sounds like it's coming from behind the computer monitor. would carpet solve the problem? any help would be great. thanks in advance for the one with the answer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             07-Dec-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: weird slapback echo

psylichon

Link?: Link

You need some kind of diffuser/absorber on the wall. As I said in a recent post, I use those egg-crate foam matts they sell for your bed, and tack that up with a black sheet draped over it. I have that on two opposing walls and it stopped the ~3sec. slapback ring my room had when I first moved in.

psy

Message 3/4             08-Dec-02  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: weird slapback echo

xoxos

don't you like the bumps? low light w dynamic shadowing.. yum  

bumpbumpbumpbump dot dot dot dot

Message 4/4             08-Dec-02  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: weird slapback echo

psylichon

actually, yes the ripples are a nice texture. I tried spray painting them initially which was cool, but the borders were quite irregular. I would have had to mount them in a wooden frame or something.

psy

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)