aaa that time of the month? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: that time of the month?

Viewing all 101 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

Original Message 1/101             13-Dec-02  @  02:58 PM   -   that time of the month?

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

"A study in Wisconsin showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ - depending on where a woman is in her menstrual cycle. For instance, if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. And if she is menstruating, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his temple and a bat jammed up his ass while he is on fire."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

psy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/101             13-Dec-02  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Maarten

LOL!!! haha fucking LOL!  

Message 3/101             13-Dec-02  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

Link?:  No link

I, being a female, find that comment offensive and tired.

Message 4/101             13-Dec-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

timothyallanmusic

"A study in Wisconsin showed that the kind of female face a man finds attractive can differ - depending on where a man is in his menstrual cycle. For instance, if he is ovulating, he is attracted to women with rugged and masculine features. And if he is menstruating, he is more prone to be attracted to a woman with scissors shoved in her temple and a bat jammed up her ass while she is on fire."

Message 5/101             13-Dec-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

Link?:  Link

oh jeez. tired, yes, but offensive? WHY?

still kinda funny.

Message 6/101             13-Dec-02  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

better??

It'll have to do.

Message 7/101             13-Dec-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

It's offensive because it's so generalized. Not all women are the same. Yes........I do understand it's a joke. But it's like a woman making a joke about all men acting a certain way during football season. Not all men like football.

Message 8/101             13-Dec-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

It's offensive because it's so generalized. Not all women are the same. Yes........I do understand it's a joke. But it's like a woman making a joke about all men acting a certain way during football season. Not all men like football.

Message 9/101             13-Dec-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Steve Roughley

Not all men like football? Where are these damned freaks??? Boys... get the Lynch-mob together!    

Steve.

Message 10/101             14-Dec-02  @  01:03 AM     Edit: 14-Dec-02  |  01:03 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

Lighten up now squad.. lighten up!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/101             14-Dec-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

I don't know if you were trying to appease me with that or..............?

Message 12/101             14-Dec-02  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

steef

they're all down the blue oyster bar, steve.

with bedwyr.

Message 13/101             14-Dec-02  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

Trillium...come on now...I sure hope youre not that easily offended. OF COURSE not all women are like that...the whole PMS thing is still not solid anyway, right?

of course its a generalization. stupid jokes usually are.

youre not a militant feminist who sees oppression in everything are you? SURE some things are wrong..but joking about women and hormonal changes..well shit...I mean...I just think there are better things to be offended by.

Message 14/101             14-Dec-02  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

pict

now go and get the tea on!

Message 15/101             14-Dec-02  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

how many male chauvanist pigs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

none... let the bitch cook in the dark.

see, these are called jokes, people. you're supposed to be offended. learn from the offense, then the humor.

psylichon

Message 16/101             14-Dec-02  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says: "See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the builder? Do they buggery! See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer? Do they fuck! See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder? Do they hell! But, I shag *one* fuckin' sheep..."

look, i've come over all offended, what do i do now?

Message 17/101             14-Dec-02  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

Pulp Fiction Boyo!

Script for Pulp Fiction 2 - The Boyos are back in town, isn't it?

The Scene: John Trovolta and Sammuel J. Jackson sitting in car talking.

Pulp Fiction music fades off...

S: Ok, so tell me again about the Welsh.

J: Whaddya wanna know?

S: Beastiality is legal there right?

J: Yeah, its legal but it ain't a 100% legal. I mean you can't just walk into a field, pick up a sheep and start pumpin' away. They want you to shag sheep in your home or certain designated places.

S: And those are valleys?

J: Ok, it breaks down like this: its legal to buy a sheep, its legal to own a sheep and if you're a farmer its legal to sell or loan sheep, its ILLEGAL to fuck sheep in public but...but...but that doesn't matter 'cos, getta loada this, the police in Wales are too stupid to notice you've got a sheep hanging off your dick. I mean that's the interlect the police in Wales DON'T have.

S: Arrr man. I'm not goin', that's all there is too it, I'm never fuckin' goin'.

J: Nah man, you'd hate it the most. But do know what the funniest thing about Wales is?

S: What?

J: Its the little differences, I mean they got the same kinda people over there as we got here, but there they're a little different.

S: Example.

J: Ok. You can walk into a Movie theatre in Cardiff and order a lump of coal, and I'm not talkin' about no paper cup, I'm talkin' about a LUMP of coal. And in Swansea you can buy coal in MacDonalds. Do you know what they call it?

S: They don't call it a 1/4 pounder with cheese?

J: Nah man, they don't have fractions, they wouldn't know what the fuck a 1/4 pounder is.

S: So whadda they call it?

J: A (assumes welsh accent) 'Ham and Cheese Sandwhichchchch'.

S: A Ham and Cheese Sandwichchchchch?

J: That's right.

S: And whadda they call a Big Mac?

J: A Big Macs a Big Mac but there they call it a Bich Machch (accent again).

S: (immitating accent badly) A Bichch Machchchchchchch?

J: Ha ha ha

S: Whadda they call a Whopper?

J: I don't know, I didn't go outside. Do you know what they put on French Fries in Swansea instead of ketch-up?

S: What?

J: Coal.

S: Arrr man...

J: I,ve seen 'um do it man, they fuckin' drown 'um in that shit.

Message 18/101             14-Dec-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

Why do so many Welshmen marry English women?

Because sheep can't fetch beer from the fridge

look you, i possibly offended 4 categories in one joke, that's if you include the sheep.

Message 19/101             14-Dec-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Steve Roughley

Hahahahahah-hehe bedwyr    

Steve.

Message 20/101             14-Dec-02  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

brilliant  

Message 21/101             14-Dec-02  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

timothyallanmusic

Why does the bride always wear white?

Cause the dishwasher should match the fridge...

sssssssst, im on fire!

Message 22/101             14-Dec-02  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

damn. I thkn you guys mighta just scared someone away.

heh. lump o coal, eh? can I get that with xtra mustard?

Message 23/101             16-Dec-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Deano

LOL Bedwyr. But.. You're allowed to make fun to the Welsh. What if some English chap wandered into your local and started making jokes like that? It's ok if you know who you're talking to and you know they share your sense of irony. But on the net you don't know who's listening. I know it's kind of a cosy comunity here and you think you're just among friends but people can be easily offended and we need to encourage women to stick around.

Message 24/101             16-Dec-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

BJT

Trillium these are your first ever posts.

Message 25/101             16-Dec-02  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

The Best Man Alive

Trilly you bitch. Get back in the kitchen and bring me something to drink!

Message 26/101             16-Dec-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

The thing is, this kind of stuff doesn't get into other forums. I think we're pretty open to everyone here. We just like to poke fun at EVERYone once in a while. If people are easily offended, they really shouldn't read posts in The Lounge, right? Or else they should give a good one back to retaliate!

psy

Message 27/101             16-Dec-02  @  04:43 PM     Edit: 16-Dec-02  |  04:45 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

well, i'm saying people shouldn't be so easily offended. fuck 'em! can't take a fookin joke! etc. but seriously, saying it's offensive because it's a generalisation is really not understanding that "it's a joke".

it's offensive because some people been told that making light of something that should be talked about in all seriousness and without a hint of irony is offensive. what if it was a joke about feeling bloated before your period? would that be ok? or maybe a joke about how crap tampon adverts are on the tv? or is there something particular about mensturation that lifts it above every other thing that humans do and that it just shouldn't be made light of? there's jokes about sex and death and everything in between and outside for a reason.

as for it being ok to take the piss out of sheepshaggers coz i'm welsh ... is the directors only funny because mel brooks is jewish? no, it also something to do with the fact that he's a comedian.

now, where's my inflatible sheep?

.. what? you think i'd knob a real one? ewww ...

Message 28/101             16-Dec-02  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Deano

Actually, Psy, I thought your original post was hilarious and not really offensive. Its the sort of joke that women tell anyway. (Well, the women that I know) The thing is you can't tell a joke like that to a woman with PMT and live to tell the tale.

Message 29/101             16-Dec-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

hehehe, yeah i forgot to mention that i got that joke from my mother-in-law  

Message 30/101             16-Dec-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

pict

Q:Why did the feminist cross the road?

A:Because I fucking told her to!

Message 31/101             16-Dec-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

OKAY!!!! Enough!!! I will finally reply. One would think, on a site with hardly ANY females, that you all would try to do what you could to keep the ones that are here. Hmmmmmmm...??? I would like to make a point that I was not so seriously offended because of the whole PMS thing. It was a tired, stupid joke. End of story.
Actually, the Sheep- ing joke is one of personal favorites, although in my version, he's not Welsh, he's Greek. So, can we stop chiding me? I would like a to make friends.

Trill

Message 32/101             16-Dec-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

OKAY!!!! Enough!!! I will finally reply. One would think, on a site with hardly ANY females, that you all would try to do what you could to keep the ones that are here. Hmmmmmmm...??? I would like to make a point that I was not so seriously offended because of the whole PMS thing. It was a tired, stupid joke. End of story.
Actually, the Sheep- ing joke is one of personal favorites, although in my version, he's not Welsh, he's Greek. So, can we stop chiding me? I would like a to make friends.

Trill

Message 33/101             16-Dec-02  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

heard you the first time ;)

Message 34/101             16-Dec-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

pict

Ok by me.

Message 35/101             16-Dec-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Steve Roughley

Yeah, that sheep joke gets everywhere. When I lived in Australia, it was the New Zealanders who were at the butt-end of that one.

Steve.

Message 36/101             17-Dec-02  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

BJT

butt-end he he

Message 37/101             17-Dec-02  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

ha!

welcome aboard, trillium.

Message 38/101             17-Dec-02  @  04:27 AM     Edit: 17-Dec-02  |  04:29 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

Well Trillium, I apologize if I offended.

But I'm seriously confused about something here. In the chat a few days ago, someone posting as "Trillium" apologized to me for saying I'm not a musician or something like that in another thread. Now, xoxos was the one who made that comment in the other thread, so I assumed he was commenting on what he said (with another nickname). Hence, I thought you were xoxos (because you posted in this thread that same day... really the first time I've ever seen you post here)

So you can see my confusion as to you being female (or perhaps you don't... see, xoxos is a guy). I just wasn't even gonna mention it.

If you are xoxos, grow up man!
If you aren't xoxos, then why did you post that comment in the chat?
If that wasn't you either, then again, grow up xoxos!  

psylichon

Message 39/101             17-Dec-02  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

BJT

More lowbrow humour...

Subject: Things you can get away with saying only at Christmas..

1. I prefer breasts to legs

2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.

3. Smother the butter all over the breasts!

4. If I don't undo my trousers, I'll burst!

5. I've never seen a better spread!

6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.

7. Are you ready for seconds yet?

8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?

9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!

10. Don't play with your meat.

11. Stuff it up between the legs as far as it will go.

12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?

13. I didn't expect everyone to come at the same time!

14. You still have a little bit on your chin.

15. How long will it take after you put it in? .

16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.

17. Just pull the end and wait for the bang.

18. That's the biggest bird I've ever had!

19. I'm so full, I've been gobbling nuts all morning and finally-

20. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all that and still want more!

Message 40/101             17-Dec-02  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Message 41/101             17-Dec-02  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

Psy-

I am not xoxos. I apologized because he made a at you regarding your music. I happen to think you are a quite competant musician. I hope you were taking my comment as a compliment.

Trill

Message 42/101             17-Dec-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

I see... well now I do take it as a compliment. Just strange that you would apologize for his comment. Kinda threw me there...

psy

Message 43/101             18-Dec-02  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

krisgot

Oh BJT that list...... it's killing me, man.

Message 44/101             18-Dec-02  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

BJT

Got it off David Letterman

Message 45/101             20-Dec-02  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Zazza

Just to maintain the balance...  

A man went to the doctor's because he suffered from terrible
headaches.

The doctor gave him a full exam and shook his head. "I'm sorry," the
doctor said, " You have an inoperable brain tumor and will need to
have a brain transplant immediately. I can operate on you today but
you'll need to pick out a brain."

The man followed the doctor into another room to pick out his
brain.

"Okay," the doctor said, "the men's brains are over here and cost
$100,000. Or you could get a woman's brain, over there, those cost
$30,000. Pick which ever one you want."

The man could not help but ask, "Why such a difference in price
between the male and the female brain?"

"Well," the doctor replied, "you have to take into account that the
female brain was actually used."

==============================================

Husband: Want a quickie?
Wife: As opposed to what?

What is the insensitive bit at the base of the penis called?
The man.

What do you call a man who has lost 95% of his brainpower?
A widower.

Why did Moses wander the desert for 40 years?
He wouldn't ask for directions.

What the quickest way to a man's heart?
Through the chest with a sharp knife.

When do you care for a man's company?
When he owns it.

What do you do if your boyfriend walks out?
Close the door.

A farmer and his wife are in bed. He reaches forward and feels her
breasts.
He says "you know if these were bigger we wouldn't need the cow"
She reaches back to feel his penis and says "If this was bigger we
wouldn't need the farm manager"

Q: How are men and linolium alike?
A: If you lay them right the first time you can walk all over them the
rest of your life!

Message 46/101             20-Dec-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

hyuk hyuk  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 47/101             20-Dec-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Trillium

Brilliant!  

Message 48/101             20-Dec-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

see? now its ok, huh?

funny shit

but THIS: "What is the insensitive bit at the base of the penis called? The man. "

ahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!

Message 49/101             21-Dec-02  @  12:59 AM     Edit: 21-Dec-02  |  01:01 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

milan

"hey, my boy, its you and us knife missiles now,

our lunge and speed and bloody secret:

the way to a man's heart is through his chest"

sorry for the o/t in the o/t thread again...

Message 50/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothin' you hadn't told the bitch twice allready.

Message 51/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

How do you blind a woman?

Put a windshield in front of her face.

Message 52/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

Whats a sure fire way to give a woman an orgasm?

Who the F3ck cares!?

Message 53/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

Why dont you get a woman a watch for christmas?

There's a clock on the stove!

Message 54/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

What does WIFE stand for?

Washing, Ironing, F3cking, etc...

Message 55/101             21-Dec-02  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

espoo2

What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?

Slap the b1tch.

Message 56/101             21-Dec-02  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

ok ok. the balance has shifted yet again

Message 57/101             21-Dec-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

cheddar

Espoo you are a bad man, well no, you are a good MAN, but if ultimate victory needs them to be relaxed and not ready for it then you are a bad MAN, but if you are in tandem with someone else and just playing the bad cop then... aww fk it,

no, make tender sweet luurve to it

Message 58/101             24-Dec-02  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Pongoid

Espoo, I'll bet you don't spend enough good quality time with many ladies these dyas, do you? Cummon. Be nice, and they'll usually be nice back.

Message 59/101             24-Dec-02  @  03:04 PM     Edit: 24-Dec-02  |  03:05 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

you need to send her a nice gift mail order, like this!  

Message 60/101             27-Dec-02  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

Whoooaaa!!!! hang on a minute there. Referring back to what Trillium said...

"OKAY!!!! Enough!!! I will finally reply. One would think, on a site with hardly ANY females, that you all would try to do what you could to keep the ones that are here. Hmmmmmmm...???"

What the hell are you implying by that ? Some bird flashes her tits in the forum and we are all meant to stand there gawping, with an open jaw and our tongue hanging out, like cavemen ?

LOOK..... WO... WO...WOMAN.... ?!?!

Fuck you. So you have a pair of tits and have more than one use for a cucumber. Bully for you. Doesnt mean that all of us blokes are gonna bow down and give you the courtesy youre after purely because your a woman.

You dont instantly earn respect because of your sex.

Message 61/101             28-Dec-02  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

but you instantly lost some due to that post, Jock. Everyone was cool up that point, wtf?

psy

Message 62/101             28-Dec-02  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

cheddar

If you can measure the differences between all women and plot it and do the same for all men then compare the two groups. Rough possibilities are 1. Less difference (distance) within groups 'all men' or 'all women' than the distance between the 'average man' / 'average woman' or 2. More difference within the groups compared to the 'average man' or 'average woman'

Crap trick but if all men or women are more similar than the comparison of averages between each group then this could be a social speciation event (OK I ignore the official 'fertile offspring' definition of species) and so Jock is WRONG to 'shoo' away the ladies and reduce the diversity of the forum, however if there more similarity between groups than difference within groups then Jock is right and we are all one big happy family and the difference between you and me could be greater then the difference between 'boy(TM)' and 'girl(TM)' so the boys /girls should just forget their difference and get on with it.

With me..?

Ohh this is early in the day for this.

Message 63/101             28-Dec-02  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

d

it sure is

Message 64/101             29-Dec-02  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

realtrance

I think this forum more clearly defines the usual difference between Americans and Europeans (or Brits, at least).

Americans take themselves too seriously.

Europeans (or Brits, at least) can tear each other's heads off, slag off each other's ancestry going back 3,000 years and then go have a pint together at a local pub and tell jokes like the ones above.

I know that's probably over-generalizing, but...

New Yorkers are the closest thing we have to Europeans (or Brits, at least) in the States.

rt

Message 65/101             29-Dec-02  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

sure man, go slag on a New Yorker's mother and tell me how it goes.

psy

Message 66/101             29-Dec-02  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

realtrance

H i ps y lllicchonn,

Sso rrryy for tthe llousy typpinng..

u were riiiigghhtt... am innn...hospitalll now...

3 gnshot wounds... bothhh hhaaands brokenn.. and bbooth kknnees...

tthhe morrphhiine is he llping a. bit...

bye,

rt

Message 67/101             29-Dec-02  @  10:30 PM     Edit: 29-Dec-02  |  10:33 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Steve Roughley

Rt is definitely on to something there. Australia and Canada are two more countries, the people of which generally take themselves too seriously. I'd lived in both of those countries before coming to Blighty, and when I did move here it took me half a year to realise that the Brits didn't hate me. They were just having a laugh and it has taught me some humility.

About two years ago I was visiting my family in Canada and, while messing about, I called my cousin a c*nt and he bloody hit me. Even though we were just playing about, he didn't see the funny side. I couldn't even guess the amount of times I have ripped my mates apart with harsh humour, or they me.

In the words of Chris Morris "Everything is funny on some level. The narcissists just provide good target practice".

Regards.

Steve.

Message 68/101             30-Dec-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

Brits are maybe more agressive ? Due to the fact that they live on a small island with a crap climate and where everything is too expensive. Hence why we've incorporated the "Derek and Clive" style in our interaction with other people.

Why oh why didnt we decide to make the convicts stay in the UK whilst everyone else f*cked off to Oz ?!

Message 69/101             30-Dec-02  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

bedwyr

jump you fucker jump

Message 70/101             30-Dec-02  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Steve Roughley

Or perhaps living on a small island has made the Brits more tollerant of eachother?

Steve.

Message 71/101             30-Dec-02  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

pict

Well if all the intolerable Anglo-Saxon-Norman cunts would all just fuck off back to where they came from(i.e. Germany and Scandinavia)life would certainly be a lot more pleasant for us Celts because we could all have several thousand acre estates each.

Message 72/101             30-Dec-02  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

realtrance

Yes, this is the same principle I see every day; even if you have acres of your own space to live in, if you see someone else nearby the normal human urge seems to be to crowd them to the point where you start a fight.

The amount of passive provocation I notice every day, on the road, among neighbors, in lines, at stores, is incredible -- amazing we don't all just kill each other right off.

Message 73/101             31-Dec-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

cheddar

Maybe it is someone elses reaction that prompts the action. Like "doing that" defines us, could be any stimulus but anger is popular in these days (what do you expect, introduce the word terror then don't be surprised to see terror eveywhere), I suppose behaviour is just hiding from originality.

Message 74/101             02-Jan-03  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

F

as a female troller here i'mma have to agree with what
Jock wrote on the 27th..."
F*ck you. So you have a pair of tits and have more than
one use for a cucumber. Bully for you. Doesnt mean
that all of us blokes are gonna bow down and give you
the courtesy youre after purely because your a woman.

You dont instantly earn respect because of your sex. "

seen it way too often on practically every message
board i've been on, specfically the "male-dominated"
ones. some fifi comes on and points out that SHE IS
FEMALE!!!...[dramatic pause]...and that you better not
discriminate her based on the fact that SHE is a SHE.
and then demand some imagined earned respect and
special consideration BECAUSE of said noted gender,
and relish the special attention and courtesy [not to
mention the rampant hitting-upon and flirtation] due to
said tits-having.

as a female [and i mention that fact, though seemingly
hypocritical, because of the topic] i find THAT self-
devouring display to be offensive and tired.

Message 75/101             02-Jan-03  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

"F"...

Yeah... glad it was said with more taste than Jock can muster!!! hehehe... but it's true.. Ooooh you're a girl that makes electronic music?! Well that's as cool as a girl who plays Dungeons and Dragons or is REALLY into Star Wars! Hehehe. I'll bet you get tired of it!

I would..

Wanna go out?

e

Message 76/101             02-Jan-03  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

well, the fact is it is still somewhat unusual for a femme to be more than a consumer/model/etc.

SO GLAD that is changing, though, because those types BORE me.

heh. funny that F agrees with Jock. I did, too, but..the placement was a bit off 

but whats wrong in wanting to find a chick with the same interests, and being impressed when one comes along?

Message 77/101             02-Jan-03  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

sorta my point. I understand why it would be annoying, but it's like the female quarterback thing, eventually someones gonna hit on her. It's sort of natural to be attracted to your preffered sex when he/she shares your interests and attitudes.

But I also think she's right! When was the last time you guys announced your gender on a message board that wasn't related to porn?

e

Message 78/101             02-Jan-03  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

F

yep, and yep. errata's right on...i'm agreeing with Jock
because of the fact that women will USE the very thing
they are complaining about to up their own self-
promotion. messes like this thread ensue.

influx...nothing wrong with taking note, being
impressed, what have you...it's more the reaction by the
female to the favorable and so-called *unfavorable*
reactions TO them that bugs me. it's one of them
unaesthetic dichotomies [as opposed to the really
appealing ones like...well nevermind]. you'd think with
all the complaints about "typical male behavior" more
attempts would be made at being themselves not as
typical. such is human nature perhaps. poor humans.

Message 79/101             02-Jan-03  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

cheddar

so what sex?

who told you you are different?

Message 80/101             02-Jan-03  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

d

speaking of dichotomies, this girl the other
day, she said "get your dich-otomy!"

Message 81/101             02-Jan-03  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

F

who told you i was different?

we're all so uniquely the same. [shrug]

Message 82/101             02-Jan-03  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

cheddar

I only say cos i saw some trannies the other day...

so-eh anyway eh... so you make electronic music e?

Message 83/101             03-Jan-03  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

ngc 808

lol @ d, that's poking fun !

Message 84/101             04-Jan-03  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

do you know what you call a female to male sex change?

an adadictome

Message 85/101             04-Jan-03  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

d

Hey! That's influx's joke!

Message 86/101             04-Jan-03  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

jbuonaccorso

i remember my mother telling me that joke back in like '85. she'd just gotten in from work and thought it was pretty funny... i was eight. i still think it's funny.

Message 87/101             04-Jan-03  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

heh. me too.

what..are jokes like electronic music tracks? theyre only good when theyre new? 

Message 88/101             06-Jan-03  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

hey ! what do you mean I dont have any taste...

oh shit I just spilt sunny delight down my bloody kappa outfit.

Message 89/101             06-Jan-03  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

a classic  

Message 90/101             07-Jan-03  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

marianimal

I'm pretty sure that being female is different from being male though, because we're subject to different expectations from the outside, and all those expectations & tons of conditioning are bound to have some effect on the individual. I've noticed that during teenage years when some kids get really into music, girls will tend to pick up musicians rather than picking up instruments, though perhaps in recent generations the tendency is shifting. It took me a while to understand the difference, to pick up that instrument for real and be serious about it and feel like my music is worth hearing regardless of "what boy likes me".

The PMS joke was pretty funny to me, more of a poke at men in a way. Scissors in the head & all, pretty nasty. I'm a bit moody but I'm glad I'm not that extreme. :-)

Message 91/101             07-Jan-03  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

I cannot IMAGINE what it must be like to be 13 years old and have some 40 year old lear at me as I walk through the mall. Such interactions would easily shape my opinions and social values.

And I DO NOT want to imagine what it would be like to be jealous of the girls that get the learing if I didn't! It's not a kids fault if they feel that way. It's what's put in their heads... and parents can't prevent it. It's a cultural thing.

These things are a Fact of our culture (probably of human cultures et al...) and It's not like I'm focusing on that one thing, but it makes a good illustaration to people who don't think there are inherent differences to being male/female.

e

Message 92/101             07-Jan-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

Agreed, e, but it's also a two-way thing. I know I don't look at a 13-year-old at the mall no matter how cute she is if she's wearing a sweatsuit. Too often that isn't the case, however. You dress like an adult, and you will be treated as one. Makes sense to me.

Of course, there are those who will say that it is BECAUSE the men leer at her that she feels the need to dress like that, but then it gets into a big chicken/egg thing doesn't it? I say it's all Brittany's fault. That bitch...

psy

Message 93/101             08-Jan-03  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

It's a cultural perception of women! a girl might dress like that because she seeks validation (I'm not female, so I'm guessing at the motivations). If we validated women in ways other than sexual advances I'd bet it would be a non issue. And I'm not talking about guys here really (not exclusively)... women encourage it in one another as well... by putting the girl down, and abusing her for finding self worth in something other than her body.

Happens to men too, in different ways! Hell, something has been reinforcing that 40 year old's perception of a prepubesent girl as a sex object!

Maybe it is Brittany. Naw! She's a product of this crap as well!

e

Message 94/101             08-Jan-03  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

"I've noticed that during teenage years when some kids get really into music, girls will tend to pick up musicians rather than picking up instruments"

damn, M...what an insightful statement!

gonna go chew on that one a bit. Sure is nice to have smart girls around who picked up instruments instead of boys 

Message 95/101             09-Jan-03  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

marianimal

I spose that old outta tune piano was easier to deal with than the awful boys at my high school. ;-)

Message 96/101             09-Jan-03  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

Our piano was fine at school, it was the teachers that were out of tune.

Message 97/101             11-Jan-03  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

A new blonde employee is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory.
The personnel manager explains her duties, and tells her to
report to work promptly at 8:00 am.

The next day at 8:45am, there's a knock at the personnel
manager's door. The assembly line foreman comes in and
starts ranting about this new employee. He says she's
incredibly slow, and the whole line is backing up.

The foreman takes the personnel manager down to the
factory floor to show him the problem.

Sure enough, Elmos are backed up all over the place.
At the end of the line is the new employee. She has a
roll of the material used for the Elmos and a big
bag of marbles.

They both watch as she cuts a little piece of fabric,
wraps it around two marbles, and starts sewing the
little package between Elmo's legs.

The personnel manager starts laughing hysterically.
After several minutes, he pulls himself together,
walks over to the woman, and says, "I'm sorry, I guess
you misunderstood me yesterday.
Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."

LOL

Message 98/101             20-Jan-03  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

wow, look... tumbleweed, on a website. Amazing.

Message 99/101             20-Jan-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

*an eagle screams in the distance*

Message 100/101             20-Jan-03  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

nutoniom

"dress as an adult and be treated like one"

sure but what's an adult, and how can you dissociate with your desire of the human body ?

cultural? more like anthropological

new perceptions in order

Message 101/101             20-Jan-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

LOL @ K

Viewing all 101 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

There are 101 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)