aaa anyone else get this? (Sonar) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             14-Dec-02  @  12:17 AM   -   anyone else get this? (Sonar)

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I havent set it up with wdm drivers on a partition yet. Using mme I guess at about 65 ms lowest so it must be, I get glitches whenever I do anything to a loop in arrange or edit... It plays and if I snip or copy and drag/drop or whatever I get glitches in playback which is most disconcerting. anyone else get that? is it the drivers I'm using right now?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             14-Dec-02  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

BJT

Link?:  No link

Is the "drop-out" light turning on?

Message 3/7             14-Dec-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

Def Z

I get that too, but I figured it was the mysterious video card deal.

Message 4/7             14-Dec-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

Def Z

Although k, I do have a grid in the piano roll view. Are you on about the track view or the piano view?

Message 5/7             16-Dec-02  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

k

Link?:  Link

piano roll view has a grid but only down to 16ths it seems..... no, the glitch I'm talking about is not a drop-out, but a simple glitch as the operation is performed. it's realy annoying if you're diting while a loop of the song is playing, like say you have 8 bars looped to tweak drum parts or whatever as it plays... I do that alot and dont want a glitch and drop-out every time I edit something on the fly.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/7             16-Dec-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

Def Z

I may have it figured out for you.

I am using 2.1.

In the piano roll view, look at the top line, just above your grid. At the right, there's a little deal that looks like an envelope. That's the "Show Durations" button. Next to it is a little white grid. Click that in. There's a drop down thing next to it. There, you can select up to 64th notes. Now, go to the bottom of the piano roll view, and change your zoom. If you are zoomed too far out, the screen cannot display grip lines that are too close to eachother. Zoom in REAL close, and you'll see your 64th notes.

I did this, so it should work for you.

As for the glitch, I get an interruption of playback when I move stuff around. VERY annoying. Not terrible, but annoying.

Message 7/7             18-Dec-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: anyone else get this? (Sonar)

Def Z

Did it work for you? Huh? Huh? Huh? Don't leave me hanging here!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)