aaa Creating Feedback loops in Sonar - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             16-Dec-02  @  12:33 PM   -   Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

BJT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to create a feedback loop in Sonar,
so I can send delay bursts and other such.

I'm trying to RTFM but I'd thought I'd just ask for help.

Cheebios.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             17-Dec-02  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

BJT

Can't be done can it.

Message 3/12             17-Dec-02  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

Formant

Link?: Link

just run an input to an output :-)

why do you want it? for delay bursts just run the knob up and back, its all midi controllable...

i dunno if it can be done cuz i have never needed to do it... you can live input monitor and that can get you feedback quickly

jamey

Message 4/12             17-Dec-02  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

psylichon

Sonar definitely needs more flexible bussing and auxing (pretty much an entire overhaul of the console would be nice).

Aux sends should be able to access internal routings (for plugins) or actual outputs (for hardware). Aux returns should be on faders (who uses pots for levels nowadays?) and should have access to all auxes and busses for just such a situation as requested in this thread. We only have output busses now (which is an improvement over cake 9.x but it needs more routing flexibility to be complete)

These are the things that hold Sonar back compared to Pro-Tools, imo. If Sonar could mimic PT's routing flexibility it would make it a much more powerful mixing platform. I already pick Sonar over PT for composing, tracking, arranging, editing, and mastering! Just a few mixing tricks would be so sweet....

psylichon

Message 5/12             17-Dec-02  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

BJT

Good point. Right now I'm into feedback looping for atmospherics, delay-> reverb-> compressor->delay->etc...

I'd love to do this in sonar.

Message 6/12             17-Dec-02  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

psylichon

You can do it, it's just not as easy. If you tell us specifically what kind of effect you're going for, I'll try to help you with a workaround to get the sound.

psy

Message 7/12             17-Dec-02  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

BJT

What I'm trying to do is have a loop
with a 3/16 note delay, this feeds a reverb which is set as mostly dry, this then feeds into a compressor (or something else non linear) and back into the delay (and the mix).

Message 8/12             17-Dec-02  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

milan

hehe. i used to have lots of fun doing this in a h/w studio  . just chain 4-5 effect units with delays, chorus, flanger, whatever, and then feed the last one back over a bus. ah, the joys of hardware.

Message 9/12             17-Dec-02  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

99devils

Psylichon, forget about the existance of the mixer window. Life becomes so much easier when you just start mixing everything in the track view with envelopes..

Who the hell uses faders for mixing these days anyways?  

Message 10/12             17-Dec-02  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

psylichon

well, when I say the "console" I'm really referring to the mix engine and signal routing. I don't care where this is accomplished, as long as we eventually get real auxes and busses. I don't ever touch faders for automation, I prefer rubber bands and slip fades personally. But the ability to route signals needs to be there (preferably accessible from the arrange window).

psy

Message 11/12             17-Dec-02  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

bedwyr

you can do all this in logic you know. hah!

Message 12/12             17-Dec-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: Creating Feedback loops in Sonar

psylichon

yeah, i was waiting for that one. touche.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)