aaa focusrite platinum compressor - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: focusrite platinum compressor

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Dec-02  @  03:14 PM   -   focusrite platinum compressor

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

alright so i followed all the advice i got here and traded my s950 for a decent compressor: a focusrite platinum penta. wow, what a difference! this thing sounds so sweet. pure class a electronics really do mean a fantastic sound. and the presets are so well done. i should have gotten one of these a long time ago.
a.d.d.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Dec-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

milan

Link?: Link

hey, congrats! glad you took our advice, now do i get something in return? ;)

Message 3/8             16-Dec-02  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

a.d.d.

ha! how about the pleasure of knowing you truly helped me out... or a pint the next time i'm around your way. now where is that again?

Message 4/8             17-Dec-02  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

Dr Doctor

I thought you were buying a pile of poo?

Message 5/8             17-Dec-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

a.d.d.

i think you have me confused with your mom.

Message 6/8             17-Jan-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

a.d.d.

from the sos review of the compounder (same optical compressor as the penta) "Rather than compromise by using a low-cost commercial VCA in the Compounder, Focusrite have come up with their own hybrid Class A design that involves the use of a matched multi-transistor element. While a regular VCA produces odd-harmonic distortion, which the ear finds offensive even in very small amounts, the Class A design produces predominantly second-order harmonics when overdriven, and the human ear can tolerate quite large amounts of even-harmonic distortion before noticing anything at all. Even so, the distortion figure for the Compounder has three noughts after the decimal point for signal levels up to 20dBu, so you'd have to drive this machine pretty hard to get any significant distortion out of it." i guess that's why it sounds so f#cking awesome.

Message 7/8             10-Feb-03  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

th

does anyone have the new alesis comp
for199$ any good???
also any comments on the fatman TLA/
HHB??
thanks

Message 8/8             11-Feb-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: focusrite platinum compressor

harold

th - rather than answer your question i'm gonna go on about something entirely different instead.

that penta right, i got me one a while back and its bang on, sounds cool, looks cool, all wicked right, but the metering on it - utterly utterly useless man... its calibrated way too high. which is like, annoying. and i called focusrite and they agreed with me that it was annoying.
which was nice.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)