aaa SW1000XG and Cubase SX - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SW1000XG and Cubase SX

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             30-Dec-02  @  11:48 PM   -   SW1000XG and Cubase SX

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I love Cubase SX, but hate the way it has taken away my ability to use all the lovely sounds off my SW1000XG card.

In 5.1 I used Regs Sw1000XG list which worked fine, I don't care about using the FX or editing it, I just want the sounds.

Yet on SX there seems to be no way to access the sounds apart from using the MIDI Bank and Program nos. I have checked the manuals and searched high and low on the web and found nothing which documents what they are.

I've created my own Patch bank for my Extreme Lead (I'm happy to e-mail this to anyone who would like it)and could do the same for the SW1000XG if I had the info.

Has anyone already done this or knows where I can find the info ? If I can the Patch Bank I would happily share it with everyone.

Cheers for your help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             13-Jan-03  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: SW1000XG and Cubase SX

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  File

regvstpatch.zip

does that work?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             13-Jan-03  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: SW1000XG and Cubase SX

k

Link?:  Link

How to configure it:

Pick a midi Track in VST, click in the box marked patchname, It will bring up a small window titled setup instruments. there is a box near the bottom marked 'Patchname Source', Click inside the box and a menu will appear, choose patchname script.

Underneath this box is another box marked 'Patchname Device', click the box and a menu will appear, choose 'Reg's XG Voices' the box will show SW1000 Voices if you have made the correct selection.

Click OK Now click in the patchname box again and you will see all of the SW1000XG instruments, Including MU100 exclusives, SFX Kits and drum kits.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             14-Jan-03  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: SW1000XG and Cubase SX

R.A.T.

Cheers K,

Thats how you do it in VST but unfortunately not SX. YOu can only do drum maps that way.

There was a supposed fix on the Cubase forums but it doesn't seem to work. I can now access the XG voices but not the others (so I'm half sorted). I'm gonna keep trying stuff.

Thanks.

Message 5/5             21-Jan-03  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: SW1000XG and Cubase SX

Nozza

I think you are far better off just using XGEdit or similar. Not only do you get to select all the sounds but tweaking them is lot easier too.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)