aaa new cakewalk product suprise? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: new cakewalk product suprise?

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             05-Jan-03  @  12:14 AM   -   new cakewalk product suprise?

Formant

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

"On behalf of everyone here at Cakewalk, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for your continuing support. Our commitment to providing customers like you with the very best in music and sound software has never been stronger as we head into 2003.

When I started Cakewalk back in 1987, I had a vision of creating not just a company, but a community that fostered innovation and technology. Today, over 1,000,000 people worldwide are using our products to create music. This could not have been achieved without your support and feedback.

Throughout 2003 we will have exciting news for you. Just days from now, we'll unveil a new product that is an even bigger surprise than SONAR was two years ago. And that's just the beginning.

Thank you again for choosing and paying for our software. Please accept our best wishes from everyone here at Cakewalk."

that was from the prez of cake

i heard rumors from nomad that it would be some type of reason competitor?

anyone got anything on this yet?

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             05-Jan-03  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

Formant

"Thank you again for choosing and paying for our software. "

heh i have never had anyone thank me for paying for their software. thats a good attitude to have... (the email was sent to me because i am a reg user)

jamey

Message 3/18             05-Jan-03  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

Formant

"Yep, Cakewalk is announcing a new product. I've only got a little info about it so far, but here it is...

Project5 soft synth workstation

- A complete, open-platform, virtual studio environment; combining a suite of professional soft synth instruments, samplers, pattern-based sequencing and editing tools, automatable effects, ACID-format loop editing, more-

The Project5 software workstation goes beyond stand-alone soft-synth "rack" software by providing a complete and open virtual studio environment, where electronic musicians have everything they need to create and perform music using integrated software synths, samplers, audio and MIDI effects, loops,and editors."

so it sounds like reason but open so you can use any vsti's and dxi's and plugs you like....

jamey

Message 4/18             05-Jan-03  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

bl_nd

Link?:  No link

hmmm...could be interesting...

Message 5/18             06-Jan-03  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

k

Link?:  Link

hmmmm.... cool - let's see... Cake could really clean up what with SX's current bullshit and who knows what'll happen to sx etc now steiny's been sold out.

I think Logic made a big mistake not adding rewire2 before they collapsed their pc versions.

I STILL want a 64th selection in the grid/snap/quantise tho (grrr)  

and.... oh well... you know my ranting stance!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/18             06-Jan-03  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

horizens

hmm, if they would make it exactly like reason except
for vst plugs, vsti and acid loop editing then it would be
awesome. i still dig the simplicity of reason's step and
midi sequencer. just the fx and lack of vst kinda sucks.

Message 7/18             06-Jan-03  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

formant

also the next dot version of sonar will support VST natively supposedly

Message 8/18             06-Jan-03  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

knowa

yeah, horizens, reason is more than the sum of it's parts. but if those parts could be better...

Message 9/18             11-Jan-03  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

bl_nd

native support of vst will make me verry happy.

Message 10/18             11-Jan-03  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

psylichon

that would pretty much put an end to the DX format, I would think. What programs use DX except Sonar and Sound Forge? I know Wavelab will, but that's just Steinberg throwin' a bone atcha. WDM drivers don't seem as fast as ASIO, either. Perhaps Cakewalk will give in on that front, too.

psy

Message 11/18             12-Jan-03  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

Formant

naw everyone will still write DX... things like waves don't even exist in VST

also there is the delay compensation thing which DX handles better etc etc.

as for WDM vs ASIO they are pretty much equal. i can get lower on my wdm. thats a microsoft thing and won't go away the next few OS versions.

jamey

Message 12/18             12-Jan-03  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

Def Z

Jamey,

Just cuz something is better, doesn't mean it will last. Betamax shat all OVER vhs, but look which one survived? ;-)

Message 13/18             12-Jan-03  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

psylichon

Waves does VST

Message 14/18             12-Jan-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

k

anyways - due to WAVES crap roduct protection, even registered users use the crack on their machines cos you can't use the real version.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/18             13-Jan-03  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

formant

i didn't say it was better, just that it wouldn't be going away.  

waves runs thru a vst adapter built by the waves folks, its not coded that way.

but yah the lines will soon blur i guess.

jamey

Message 16/18             18-Jan-03  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

bl_nd

its just that quadraSID, in any VST wrapper, has pretty loose timing in SONAR, but lovely timing in fruity. I would love to use quadraSID flawlessly in SONAR.

Message 17/18             18-Jan-03  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

psylichon

It has to do with lame WDM drivers. Latent like a mofo. It'll be interesting to see what kind of latencies people get with 2.2 and ASIO drivers. Fruity does ASIO, right?

psy

Message 18/18             21-Jan-03  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: new cakewalk product suprise?

99devils

DX is a Microsoft standard. It's built into the OS and used by a lot more than us tech-geeks  

It's not going anywhere. And the press release on the new Sonar dot revision doesn't say anything about native VST. Cake's new product announcement says their synth platform will support VST through a wrapper.

-Craig

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)