aaa name of looping tool in EXS24 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: name of looping tool in EXS24

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             09-Jan-03  @  01:24 AM   -   name of looping tool in EXS24

a fucking student

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

good god... I'm doing a music tech course and I've forgotten (ie didn't take any notes) the name of the tool that crossfades a sample when you loop it in the EXS 24 edit screen to get rid of any clicks. it's measured in ms and i can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

cheers in advance for help

ps leafcutter john is exciting
pps parappa the rapper is frightening

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             09-Jan-03  @  02:20 AM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  02:20 AM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

bedwyr

Link?: Link

auto crossfade, not a tool as such, more of a setting.

Message 3/9             09-Jan-03  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

horizens

man, i'd almost go back to school if i could take a class where i had to know tools in certain software  

Message 4/9             09-Jan-03  @  08:45 AM     Edit: 09-Jan-03  |  08:47 AM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

psylichon

go to berklee! they gave me a degree for this shit!

Message 5/9             09-Jan-03  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

Dominic

LOL @ Psy.

Message 6/9             09-Jan-03  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

a fucking student

cheers for that...

this is a degree i'm doing too... hopefully "this shit" means people will think i'm good at it.  

that's the plan anyway

Message 7/9             10-Jan-03  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

milan

hm. you'll still have to prove it to every potential employer, and you'll have to be good at proving it too. oh, and you'll have to be a nice, easy to get along with type of person, not to quirky, but also not a wannabe star either, for fear of compromising ego's of artists or producers. and according to psy, having good weed helps too. i guess that depends on the employer.

Message 8/9             10-Jan-03  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

psylichon

lol, m! yes, buds make buds for sure. but it's very true about stepping on egos in the studio. I'm constantly having to bite my tongue and ignore production faults so as not to upset a client or artist. some people will let you cross the line and help produce (some actually expect it!) but those clients are rare. but, yes, we digress...

psy

Message 9/9             10-Jan-03  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: name of looping tool in EXS24

milan

of course we do, but the original Q. was answered anyway.  

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)