aaa Studiomaster 8 into 4 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Studiomaster 8 into 4

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             13-Jan-03  @  07:12 AM   -   Studiomaster 8 into 4

jimg23

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found a soundmaster 8 into 4 mixer on ebay. I didn't realize at the time it was a powered mixer. the only info i've found on the internet about soundmasters is on their studio consoles. anyway the plan was to use this for recording and live gigging but now I dont' know.
I make electronic music. At home I used the mixer on my digital multitracker to go straight into my standalone cd burner. since i started doing live techno i no longer multitrack. Since this this thing is powered I don't want to take a chance on it frying my cd burner.
I also don't know if I can gig with this thing because most people just connect their mixer into the house amplifiers. again i'm worried about overloads. Can I use this mixer for anything other than powering a couple of cabinets? I would appreciate any and all information or advice. thank you.
oh yeah, I read something about having to ground older mixers. I've never dealt with anything you couldn't just plug into the socket and use. again, any info or advice.
Jim

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Jan-03  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: Studiomaster 8 into 4

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

surely there is a seperate 'amp-bypass' master out?? - i'd be surprised if there wasn't

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)