aaa Old Skool Jungle MC's - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Old Skool Jungle MC's

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             13-Jan-03  @  07:17 PM   -   Old Skool Jungle MC's

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Between 91 and 93, I was well into my jungle. I used to love Kenny Ken. But what I weant to know is what happened to all the MC's? I know MC GQ still mic controls at Fabric most Fridays but what about Navigator, Chalky White, Moose, etc?

Did they all go back to their day jobs?

I'm not being all "those were the days" or "it ain't as good as it used to be" BUT that period between 1992 and 1994 was magical. Driving around the midlands, high as kites, travelling between clubs like "Love to be" and "Cream", we thought we were gonna rule the world.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             14-Jan-03  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle MC's

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

that's really klever how you spelled skool with a k.

Message 3/4             14-Jan-03  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle MC's

milan

Link?: Link

they are all stll doing it. i'm not in the uk so i dont know for sure, but i do see their names mentioned, and i recall even hearing five-o live via internet about two years ago. i believe navi is more into using his vocals in the studio nowadays, and not only for dnb either.

Message 4/4             14-Jan-03  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle MC's

sox

Link?:  Link

Navigator was doing the spitting on Shy FX's last single. Can't remember the name of it. He was on Rise on Channel 4 in November live with them. I also know he's quite popular internationally and is back and forth to Canada/Europe/Far East fairly often.

sox

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)