aaa the joy - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: the joy

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             21-Jan-03  @  10:36 AM   -   the joy

corea

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is anybody changing platform for the joy of six? Or at least preparing for the change. At work or at home...?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             21-Jan-03  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: the joy

bedwyr

not me

Message 3/11             21-Jan-03  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: the joy

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Nah. The new features are handy, but nothing essential yet. I think that Emagic just rushed the release of 6 to get away from the whole PC thing. 5.5 is good enough. I am writing tracks with it and it has more than enough features to last me for years to come.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 4/11             21-Jan-03  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: the joy

k

Link?:  Link

agreed... some of the niggles are starting to get on my tits tho - I might switch to SONAR for good... gotta spend more time with it tho - one HUGE irritation in Logic automation is an inability to QUICKLY adjust the overall channel volume offset if you have already created automation nodes on the track timeline - What twat DIDN'T add THAT feature?!....durr!!

sonar has channel trim at least as one instant solution and mebbe more?

Also, the nodes in Logic get really sticky at higher zoom-outs... and sonars video facilties are WAY superior... lets see.... we use mostly NI plugins which are all DXi anyways. A nd we use WAVES comps for vocals etc... They are also DX

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/11             21-Jan-03  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: the joy

psylichon

"What twat DIDN'T add THAT feature?!"

Hell, there's no offline trim in Pro-Tools either. Another Sonar nicety is seperate gain and pan envelopes for individual clips. Want one sound to go WHOOOSH left to right or is one loop sticking out just a bit? You can alter those clips without automating the whole damned track. This is quite useful, I've found.

psy

Message 6/11             21-Jan-03  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: the joy

zoid

i 'switched' from peecee just after the Apple/Emagic buyout, no more crashing, ugly nasty peecee - Haven't looked back. LSix is gonna rock!

Message 7/11             23-Jan-03  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: the joy

k

You can alter those clips without automating the whole damned track

----

cool!.. I'll spend more time with SONAR 2 when this current film score project is finished - cant do it in the middle of work tho, but definatly it's looking good! plus I can run WDM until sonar 2.2 update to asio 9which might not be worth using if the wdm works ok) - I saw sonar at the trade show running at 5ms on win2k with a hoontech dsp24/96 VALUE card so my 'non-value' version should be fine in XP methinks!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/11             23-Jan-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: the joy

k

I have to say, one of the biggest things that might make me swap is that midi pattern brush tool - that'd be SO cool for quickly adding in your favourite hat patterns, percussion bits, synth patterns etc etc... very cool!

and those two free included fx - the comp & eq from timeworks) are superb! - no need for waves RCL really if you've that timeworks comp onboard, & the timeworks eq is well up to the standard of Logic's FAT-EQ (which I use for nearly all my eq) - It's looking good if they can solve that glitching on editing while in play and add a 64th preset to the grid & snap/quantise settings.

I'm also very interested to get into that Cyclone (is it?) loop-sampler which looks like it could be very good.

Message 9/11             23-Jan-03  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: the joy

Steve Roughley

"an inability to QUICKLY adjust the overall channel volume offset"

Just use the Helper-Volume tool. Easy as  

Steve.

Message 10/11             23-Jan-03  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: the joy

Boo

The Joy!

Helper volume!

Logic can do it all. It's just finding the stuff...

Message 11/11             23-Jan-03  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: the joy

psylichon

*cough*offlineprocessing?*cough*

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)