aaa Stereo Panning ( Influx ? ) - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             22-Jan-03  @  04:38 AM   -   Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

SpinbacK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just wanting to check Stereo spread before i mix this track down, Influx, or anyone give this the ok?

Kick, Snares, Bassline and vocals dead centre,

Pads at the back hard 100% L/R

Percussive, light hits, effected snips etc spread L/R 30-80%

hihats+claps where?

I really want to get this down properly-Ive panned what sounds best to me after reading K's stuff, and the difference is really pleasing, but, well my ears arn't so hot you know...  

SpinbacK

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             22-Jan-03  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

psylichon

Link?: Link

it really sound fine written out like that but that's no way to judge panning in a song. Ya gotta put some headphones on, smoke a fatty, and groove to the tune a couple times. If something pops out at you or is consistently pulling you out of your groove for any reason, that's what you fix. You want the song to just move on its own, and if something isn't in the right place, you'll feel the hole in the soundscape and it'll fuck witcha groove. That's the only real way to do it right, imo.

psy

Message 3/8             22-Jan-03  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

influx

Link?:  Link

that was odd..seeing my name specifically

I second what silly-con said. Its all about listening

also..as far as "stereo" things go..sometimes they sound kinda cool with the spread narrowed a bit (actually can cause phase issues, ?)...

what are ya mixin in/on?

Message 4/8             22-Jan-03  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

Mindspawn

I second Influx's suggestion about narrowing things for better stereo effect. It actually tends to work better and have a lot less phase problems if you keep things away from the extreme left and right. It can actually sound wider, even though you narrow the range of things you're placing bits in... That said, if if feels better to you at the extreme settings, do it...=)

Message 5/8             22-Jan-03  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

SpinbacK

yeah, thanks guys- ive done it by my ear, just wanted to check for any hard rules type thing

ie kicks should always be centred etc..

Mixing all Audio in Protools 5.1 L.E BTW

SpinbacK

Message 6/8             22-Jan-03  @  03:24 PM     Edit: 22-Jan-03  |  03:26 PM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

psylichon

in that case put the kick in the back left channel, snare front right, hat front left. Everything else should spin.

psy

oh wait, LE.... does that do surround?  

Message 7/8             22-Jan-03  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hehe.

Message 8/8             22-Jan-03  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Stereo Panning ( Influx ? )

SpinbacK

wayhay, one f*cked mix!

back to the drawing board....

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)