aaa The pain !!!!!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: The pain !!!!!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             24-Jan-03  @  01:28 PM   -   The pain !!!!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

fuck me!! - i'm finding some REAL pain-in-the-ass things working on this film with Logic. Tell me if I've missed something but....

1. logic's rendering in realtime (always sucked) -IT'S SO FUCKING SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. inability to reder clips of music and add them back into new tracks at the correct position

3. inability to dump all regions from the audio window to tracks ready to play

4. inability to render multiple tracks to their own files - only one file at a time can be rendered oif one track or multiple tracks

this is utter fucking bullshit for preping audio files for film to send over to the audio people compiling the audio - let's hope SONAR beats those things, cos if it does, then it's another reason to switch.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             24-Jan-03  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

andy view

Link?:  No link

.....it's like sunshine and rain.

Message 3/7             24-Jan-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

it's SUCH a major pain !! - these are work things you need. what the fuck is the point of a render that still is dependant on the soundcard loading? - the whole idea of rendering is you use it WHEN the soundcard driver is overloaded and BYPASS the realtime streaming/playback (when rendering is used to conserver memory/cpu etc) - and othwerwise for technical reasons of purely wanting to render to work with an audio file it should NOT be realtime!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             24-Jan-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

psylichon

Link?: Link

It's like that in Pro-Tools, and it's one of my major pet peeves. For PT, though, I believe the reason they haven't changed it is because studio owners would be pissed - PT is fast enough as it is compared to tape, they don't want to give up any more time that can be billable.

Plus, doesn't Logic have live aux-input monitoring for hardware FX and such? Those things couldn't be rendered offline anyway. But if you're not using those, you should have the option.

Sonar, of course, does this... FAST. That's why it's my choice for mastering. Do your tweaks, mix it down REAL quick, pop it into Sound Forge for analysis. Go back and tweak more if necessary. Fast and easy.

psy

Message 5/7             24-Jan-03  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

bedwyr

yeah, been doing it all day and getting very bored repeating the same process, wondering why parts are out of sync then realising i'd pasted them back in the wrong place.

and there's no timelocked markers on pc logic either which would have been nice. none of it's gonna happen now is it, so it's sonar or nuendo2 for me, probably sonar.

Message 6/7             24-Jan-03  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

psylichon

dude, i'm gonna stop golfing with you if you don't at least try sonar

Message 7/7             25-Jan-03  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: The pain !!!!!!!

Florburner

Link?:  No link

They've held back alot of those features for v.6. Offline boucnce definately anyway.
There is a way to bounce more than one track at a time I think. Have to look into that. My soundcard can do 4 internally (full duplex thingy). Plus it has 16 internal mix inputs (4 physical outs) should be a way to bounce through
those...

Flor

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)