aaa can SONAR do this........? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: can SONAR do this........?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             24-Jan-03  @  01:31 PM   -   can SONAR do this........?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

aint got time now to look, but.

1. render audio files from clips on a track and add that newly rendered file into the arrange-page on it's own new track in the right position?

2. render multiple tracks to their own files at once (and do above 1.)

3. render offline, not in realtime?

tell me more things it does in this arena?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             24-Jan-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: can SONAR do this........?

psylichon

Link?: Link

read my post in the logic forum. but yes, it does all those things. I think to do #2 you would have to route all the tracks to their own virtual buss (so you'd have to define as many virtual busses as you have tracks). Then you can specify each virtual buss to bounce down to a seperate file.

psy

Message 3/6             24-Jan-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: can SONAR do this........?

psylichon

oh, and it's NOT dependant on CPU load, so you can open up all those archived live synth tracks for maximum fidelity when it's time for the final mixdown.

psy

Message 4/6             24-Jan-03  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: can SONAR do this........?

milan

so you can bounce many individual tracks to separate files simultaneously? now thats totaly cool. thank god i dont need that feature, otherwise i'd think of switching.

Message 5/6             24-Jan-03  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: can SONAR do this........?

sitar

Link?:  Link

Yes you can mix down seperate tracks to their own bus all at the same time. I love that dxi synths will mix down the midi track to audio. I know that's old news but it's such a relief to be able to do that simple task so easily.

Message 6/6             01-Feb-03  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: can SONAR do this........?

Scott

Link?:  No link

In Logic it seems like I need to bounce my main outputs one set at a time. Does anyone know if Logic can do what Sonar does by rendering multiple .wavs at once?

That would be a very key feature to have if I were doing lots of track archiving.

Thanks,

Scott

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)