aaa EVOC20 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: EVOC20

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             26-Jan-03  @  02:00 AM   -   EVOC20

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just thought I would ask about opinions on this piece of s/w vocoder. From what I've heard, this is a beast, but so far (along my trial period   I have not been able to get any sound out of it.
Is there an online guide somewhere? Can't find any help file etc. Thankful for help...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Jan-03  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: EVOC20

bedwyr

Link?: Link

no sound? not even as a synth? stick it in an audio instrument track, then set the side chain to whatever audio track, input or bus you want.

if you want another vsti (say your drums in exs24) to trigger it, just send that to a bus.

Message 3/4             26-Jan-03  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: EVOC20

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?:  No link

Well, actually, I have got the synth part working like a regular s/w synth, but not the cool vocoder part. I have tried setting the side chain to audio channel 1 for example, but even though there is audio on that channel, there's no sound coming out of the EVOC. So the "correct" way of using it is putting it on an audio instr. track and routing the side chain to the desired destination? Either that or putting it directoly on the audio channel you want I guess... It's a bit confusing since the EVOC seems to be 3 different synth/filter modules!

Message 4/4             28-Jan-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: EVOC20

Boo

Link?:  Link

Insert the EVOC onto a midi channel, set it's side chain to an audio channel (You can even use it realtime if you arm the audio channel) and press keys on your midi keyboard...

Works for me.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)