aaa Not a Cakewalk Format file? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             28-Jan-03  @  09:41 PM   -   Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Wesley D.

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok, I tried to open a cwp file in Sonar Ex.
After it couldn't find my audio (don't worry about that I know...I'm stupid) it then declared that my file was not a cakewalk format file!!!!
It won't open it at all.
I tried holding shift to open it in safe mode, but that's moreso for when plugins are crashing apparently......
I can rebuild the song, but what the hell? it's labeled Syabaritic.CWP so how on earth is it not a cakewalk format file? Oh yeah, one more thing, it also said it found corrupt audio data and 'padded' it with silece just before the last error message. All this happens when i try to open my song.

Thanks in Advance,

WEsley D.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             29-Jan-03  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Cakewalk

What version of SONAR are you running?

Message 3/7             06-Feb-03  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Wesley

Link?:  No link

Sonar 2.0 XL.

this is driving me nuts!!!!!
Has anyone ever seen this message? The help files have been absolutely wretched!!!

Message 4/7             06-Feb-03  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

{eZs}

Maybe Cakewalk will pop in again. I'm not sure what he's looking at but have you updated to the latest versions? Sonar XL is up to 2.2 now I think.

Message 5/7             06-Feb-03  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Cakewalk

I heard you missed me, I'm back...

You need to update to version 2.2. There was a bug in 2.0, that under certain conditions a file could become unopenable. This is corrected in 2.2, and you should be able to open the file.

Download the 2.2 update here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/download/sonar2.asp

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Message 6/7             06-Feb-03  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

{eZs}

Yes we missed you. Don't run off like that again!  

Message 7/7             07-Feb-03  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: Not a Cakewalk Format file?

Wesley D

Wowsers,

Didn't realize it was already out. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks,

Wesley

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)