aaa Is there a way to tweak - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Is there a way to tweak

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             28-Jan-03  @  10:01 PM   -   Is there a way to tweak

Influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

How fast it takes a CDrom drive to recognize a CD?

I have this Toshiba IDE CDrom that I just put in and it takes quite some time before itll recognize a CD...

kinda annoying

thought there might be a little edit i can do to make it go faster?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             29-Jan-03  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Not that I've heard of.. you got "auto insert notification" turned off though right?

That's always a damned pain in the derriere, esp. in XP...

Message 3/15             29-Jan-03  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

psylichon

I think I did hear about a hack that allows your CD drive to stay spinning at high speed. This is often the major cause of that delay when accessing a disc. Can't find anything about it now though, and I doubt it would be very good for the drive after all.

What *I* want to know is why XP needs a minute after booting the desktop to allow me to access the network or any of my drives. Or the control panel. The desktop loads in like 30-40 seconds which is great, but then I gotta wait. It can freeze my start menu if I don't wait for it... what the fuck is it doing? IT man?? ;)

psy

Message 4/15             29-Jan-03  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

psylichon

oh yeah, while we're on XP rants I'm getting double icons on my desktop, too. Found others with this problem, but no solution. XP can be strange...

Message 5/15             29-Jan-03  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

dARKSTATe

Format

Reinstall

Go get a cuppa tea

Learn tantra

That'll solve yer problem...  

Message 6/15             29-Jan-03  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

influx

thanks guys. sorry bout your prob psy...XP works solid for me. no double images. cept when I drink too many pints

Message 7/15             29-Jan-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

psylichon

well, i tried to consolidate my desktop folder into my administrator account (from the 'all users' and 'default user' profiles). That's when my problem began. Now I have some freaky split desktop (and start menu, because I tried to consolidate them, too) and I'm just like "fuck it" at this point.

psy

Message 8/15             30-Jan-03  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

dARKSTATe

You drink "pints" Influx?

Message 9/15             30-Jan-03  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

fuckflux

Link?:  No link

"You drink "pints" Influx? "

not sure I understand.

you mean..do I call them pints? do I actually drink a PINT per beer?

well...yes to both.

but usually I drink cap'n and coke, but..tryin to lay off the coke thing...not good for the insides

Message 10/15             31-Jan-03  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

Si

Psy,

I get this delay in XP as well, and it always used to happen when I had 2000 installed as well. Have you used the latest Service Pack?

Message 11/15             31-Jan-03  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

dARKSTATe

Both 'flux...

Just wondering if you can go into a bar and order a PINT of beer? Or do they call it something else but still serve you the same volume of gnats piss?  

Message 12/15             31-Jan-03  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

Broken Silence

"They come in pints? I'm getting one!"

"But you have a whole half already!"

Message 13/15             31-Jan-03  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

influx

heh. yes, pints. and yards, too!

so...it aint xp, because I have two drives and one spins up just fine

Message 14/15             05-Feb-03  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

k

i dont have that network problem myself with XP

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/15             05-Feb-03  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Is there a way to tweak

eZs

I don't know if the answer to your question is there but I put a link ^ . Tons of stuff. Good source. Probably old news to most of you but there it is.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)