aaa Open Akai samples into the EXS24? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Jan-03  @  10:41 PM   -   Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have a library of AKAI samples from my S2000. I have also tried to convert them into EXS24, but Windows can't read my Akai formatted discs (I have no CD, only 1.44 discs) and nothing happens when I am inside Logics AKAI Convert window. Do I need some special drivers or something to make this work?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             30-Jan-03  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

Scott

Last time I used EXS-24's Akai convert, it scanned the CD-ROM drive. You could try changing the drive Logic is looking at. I'm not sure how that's done at the moment, but maybe try out the preferences tab.

Scott

Message 3/5             31-Jan-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?:  No link

From what I can see, Logic is not searching any drive for AKAI samples. The Convert window doesn't react to anything I do. A friend of mine has tried it on his computer, and it seems to work for him, strange.

Message 4/5             04-Feb-03  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

toast

I've never seen anything in a translation program that could read floppies of any sort directly. You could try akaidisk though. I've never tried but you might be able to get some wav files out.

If you got scsi you could dump your sounds to a zip or an old harddrive. It might be a bit tedious though if you've got a lot of stuff.

Message 5/5             04-Feb-03  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Open Akai samples into the EXS24?

Florburner

Link?:  No link

I think the Exs will only read akai cds.
You also need the correct aspi cd drivers. I think you can get them from the makers of easy cd creator or nero. One of those burner soft companies can't remember which one exactly.

Flor

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)