aaa Free smaple players? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Free smaple players?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             03-Feb-03  @  08:08 PM   -   Free smaple players?

Conscience

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any free smaple players out there? I'm looking for an easy player to fit in Sonar. All I'm looking for is a basic sampler to play sounds without much else. Like one of them old phrase samplers, but I want to be able to sequence bass/snare/hats easily. Anything free out there?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             04-Feb-03  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

k

Link?:  Link

well it's got one built in isn't it?... or is that only XL

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             05-Feb-03  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

Conscience

Well, Sonar has the Cyclone, but that's a loop player/slicer deal that doesn't seem to work too well with individual samples. XL has the DR-008 which looks like it would work for me, but alas, that's XL.

Message 4/8             05-Feb-03  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

k

why cant cyclone play a sample thu in one shot tho - just DON'T slice it??

otherwise check the PLUGINS section, there's a coupl;e of free simple sample playback VSTi plugs listed I beleive. or mebbe scrounge a copy of that ds sample player giveaway which was on the CM cd?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             08-Feb-03  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

Conscience

Well, for some reason when I load a kick drum in (for instance), and trigger it as a sample hit from a midi track in Sonar (it's a legit copy), whenever the drum retriggers, the sample gets gets cut short. Almost like it's monophonic...

Message 6/8             08-Feb-03  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

Conscience

I couldn't find anything DX in the files sections, and I'm hesitant to add the vst wrapper.

Message 7/8             08-Feb-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

psylichon

Link?: Link

why hesistant? If you're talking about the FXPansion one, don't be! In fact, I look for VST plugins now because they automate so well in Sonar with the wrapper. Besides, I hear VST will be native in a future release....

psy

Message 8/8             09-Feb-03  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: Free smaple players?

moujik

Yeah, agree totally with psylichon on this - wrapped VST stuff often works better on my system than native DX versions.

Weird.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)