aaa Mixers - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mixers

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             04-Feb-03  @  07:18 AM   -   Mixers

meblumen_12

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I know that inserts are usually used with dynamic processors such as gates and compressors but I'm not quite sure how to use them. When I plug into them I can't get any audio from the channel. Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             04-Feb-03  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Mixers

influx

Link?:  Link

you need a "send and return" cable. itll be a single 1/4" TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) on one end and the TWO TS (Tip Sleeve) on the other

you plug the TRS end into the insert on your channel, then the SEND part (youll have to figure out which is which) goes into the input on your compressor or whatever, and the return goes on the output, completing the chain

if you dont have it right you wont get signal.

Message 3/4             04-Feb-03  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Mixers

milan

Link?: Link

yup. and also, insert points can double as direct outs if you plug in a trs cable only half way into the socket.

Message 4/4             05-Feb-03  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Mixers

k

Link?:  Link

for the newbies, what he means by:

1/4" TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve)

is a stereo 1/4 plug which connects to either a pair of patchbay normalised sockets (see 'PATCHBAYS R US' article in ARTICLES section), or it goes to a split pair of normal 1/;4 mono jacks or phono or whatever seperate plugs which you then plug into the IN/OUt of your processor unit - the tip is one channel, the ring is another, and the earth is common/shared

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)