aaa Audio Bullys Productions - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Audio Bullys Productions

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Feb-03  @  09:44 AM   -   Audio Bullys Productions

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - The Audio Bullys!!! Not sure I like these guys music. I don't want to come across as some bitter bastard but I don't understand why the music press are telling the world that The Audio Bullys are the next "Basement Jaxx". I'm sorry but no way. The production on their tunes is very below par. The musical sounds really, really basic and there are people on DT who have music posted up here that pisses all over The Bullys stuff.

I understand that in this day and age home studio technology has closed the gap in terms of "production levels" and that really for a producres music to "stand out" and "get signed" you must have character in your music. I would say that this is true for someone like "The Streets" but the MCing in Audio Bully's is WACK!!! I'm sorry but the lyrics are rubbish!!!

I do sound bitter I know but there is no way that I am accepting the Audio Bullys as the next big thing. I can see that they can have an image but what about all the good dance music that gets ignored? I'm thinking of "Metro Area" and proper dance music producers. That is PROPER street soul!!!

Thanks for listening.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Feb-03  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: Audio Bullys Productions

bedwyr

Link?: Link

you don't have to accept them as the next big thing do you? the mcing doesn't have to be good, the production might be pants and the lyrics can be as rubbish as you like, it never made a difference and i doubt it ever will.

i just had a listen, they seem like a likely bunch of lads, got a good hook there, little kids and beer boys will love it. as for the next basement jaxx, well the marketing men gotta say something and that was the first thing that came into their heads coz that bassline in "we don't care" has a vague jaxx feel to it.

Message 3/5             07-Feb-03  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Audio Bullys Productions

Pongoid

Link?: Link

we already know the press is full of shit. Yeah, so anybody can go out and buy a 24/96 box, for less than 10G, and all the software they, want, or even get pirated stuff for nothing, but that doesn't give them the ear. You can play all the notes, and still not make a bit of music. It ain't the tools. So if these guys ain't got, fuck'em. SO what? Why trip? Thanks for the heads up. Carry on with the intelligence gathering.

Ape

Message 4/5             07-Feb-03  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: Audio Bullys Productions

d

well, damn, who the hell is the "next basement
jaxx" then? when you find out could you let us
know? cuz I wanna avoid that shit like the
fücking plague.

Message 5/5             10-Feb-03  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Audio Bullys Productions

Dominic

Pongoid, you are funny. Harsh but I like it. :-)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)