aaa Getting the glued heatsink off... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Getting the glued heatsink off...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             09-Feb-03  @  06:05 PM   -   Getting the glued heatsink off...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have just found that the bloofy noise that I have not been able to eliminate from my PC is the damned miniature Chipset Fan! I have spent alot of money silencing my PC and had been completely baffled as to what was making the racket. I had never even considered that such a small and insignifigant piece of hardware could make such a damned din!

So... on to the topic. I have just ordered a hhhuuuugge heatsink for my Chipset to replace the current fan and mini-heatsink, which are damn-well glued to the chipset. Now, does anyone have any experience or tips for removing this thing?

I noticed about a year ago that loads of users of the AMD MB Forum were getting these off quite successfuly, but I can't remember the address of the forum or any of the means by which the other victims of superglue had overcome this dilema.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-Feb-03  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Getting the glued heatsink off...

Anex

It isn't too difficult, alot of the time if you just twist them back and forth gently they come off, other wise use a small screw driver and CAREFULLY leaver it. If that isn't working, stick it inside a sealed bag, with the air pushed out and leave in the freezer for ten or fifteen mins to make the glue brittle, then try again.
Just make sure the board is at room temp again before you use it incase it's got any moisture on it.

Message 3/6             09-Feb-03  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Getting the glued heatsink off...

Steve Roughley

Nice one Anex!

I'll give that a try.

Steve.

Message 4/6             10-Feb-03  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: Getting the glued heatsink off...

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

If that doesn't work, a stick of dynamite. Just put it in an airtight bag first. :P

Message 5/6             10-Feb-03  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Getting the glued heatsink off...

k

twat it with a lump hammer!

Message 6/6             10-Feb-03  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: Getting the glued heatsink off...

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)