aaa cheapo live limiter - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: cheapo live limiter

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             10-Feb-03  @  03:35 PM   -   cheapo live limiter

Normal

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ello. I'm thinking of getting some kind of limiter to keep all my dub-style feedback effects under control when playing live. So i'm wondering what can be had for under £100 (new or 2nd hand).

I'm looking at the Alesis 3630, the Behringer MDX1400 AUTOCOM PRO, or any of the other cheap behringer ones, or anything else similar really.

I've checked out the Alesis when looking for a studio compressor, and didn't like it much, but this is for a different purpose, so i dunno how suitable it is. I really just want something quiet and well built, that'll keep me from blowing up the soundman's desk. I haven't got much of a clue when it comes to limiting, so let me know if i'm on the wrong track... maybe this should be in the live forum? ...nah

Ta,Al.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Feb-03  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: cheapo live limiter

Normal

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok, done a bit more research on the behringer ones. It seems that the Autocom MDX1400 doesn't have a proper separate limiter (i guess that's important?), but the Composer MDX2200 does... anyone care to explain this to me? Both of these are very cheap from the shop here/thomann.

Looking at the Behringer website, they've just brought out the Composer PRO-XL MDX2600. It looks like a new version of the MDX2200, but i'm not too sure what the real differences are, except the new one seems to have more fancy acronyms :0), with valve simulation and de-essing, etc.

So i suppose i'll go for the 2200, as it looks like it'll do the job for under £70, and i might get a bit of studio use out of it too.

So, anyone got any pearls of wisdom regarding these things before i lay down my cash?

Al.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)