aaa Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Viewing all 52 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/52             12-Feb-03  @  07:37 PM   -   Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Trillium

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just wondering........

Aside from the obvious potential threat to Heathrow we are all hearing about, what kind of disaster preparedness is everyone in the UK being told to do? In the US, we are being told to stock up on water, canned goods, radios, and to put plastic sheeting over our windows, doors and ventilation systems. Can our government be any more frightening? I've searched some of the european news organizations and couldn't find anything over there. What have you been told?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/52             12-Feb-03  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Anex

Not to panic and that we don't need to do any of that stuff.

Message 3/52             12-Feb-03  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

errata

Heard on the news last night that the government has ordered Americans to hide their heads in the sand and trust Mr. Bush to ensure their safety. That questioning the current administration only promotes terrorism, so we should duct tape the mouths of those who speak out. And lay down plastic sheeting because of the mess it makes when they F+CK us up the Ass!

e

Message 4/52             12-Feb-03  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

This made me laugh. I heard this morning on the news that some people were saying they were buying duct tape. Some people were saying they weren't. One guy said we might all be better off if certain people put duct tape over their mouths. I took this to mean he was talking about leaders throwing threats around. Maybe I'm wrong.

Message 5/52             12-Feb-03  @  09:51 PM     Edit: 12-Feb-03  |  09:57 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Steve Roughley

We (the UK) haven't been told to do anything. Although the security teams are tightening up and police/medical people are being trained in case of attack.

At the end of the day, we are no more likely to suffer a terrorist attack now than at any given time over the last 500 years. So who really cares. It's all propoganda and scare mongering tactics. Who knows, the next chemical weapon to get used on us might be quite an interesting experience!? I for one have been preparing for a chemical attack for the last 6 years by maintaining a strict weekly chemical intake program. I must have consumed 10 times the amount of chemicals owned by Saddam, the US and the UK combined during the Christmas/NY season alone (twitch, twitch). They ought to deploy me for their next attack    

Regards.

Steve.

Message 6/52             12-Feb-03  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

§ï†ÅR

Just the threat of a country using you would cause an instant surrender I'm sure. :P

Message 7/52             12-Feb-03  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

psylichon

If the middle east really wants to stop U.S. from meddling in their business, it SHOULD use chemical warfare. That is, somehow slip EVERYONE in the U.S., including all levels of the governemt, targeted chemical warheads such as THC, MDMA, and LSD. Then perhaps everyone in the U.S. would have a communal "moment of clarity" and pot will be legalized and peace will be the priority for once.

psy

Message 8/52             12-Feb-03  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

errata

Let's hold off on the MDMA... Americans are neither pretty nor soft... an American group cuddle is not on my agenda!!! Nice if they see things through such filters but I do not need 99.9% of the US rubbing my head and suggesting their soul has loved my soul since the beginning of time....

C'mon now, admit it... you don't want it either!

e

Message 9/52             12-Feb-03  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

milan

hehe. lol@ psy & errata  

Message 10/52             12-Feb-03  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

psylichon

errata.... anything's an improvement... ?

Message 11/52             13-Feb-03  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

cheddar

Link?:  Link

nation building man!

besides the random flashbacks might improve the mileu

Message 12/52             13-Feb-03  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

steef

sitar's right - let's drop steve roughley on baghdad and be done with it.

*scuttles off to start hoarding tea*

Message 13/52             13-Feb-03  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

influx

nothing short of disgusting how horribly on edge they want us

all so we hand over our freedoms in the name of protection

Message 14/52             13-Feb-03  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

pict

I notice you've got a bit creative with your login name Sitar.

Message 15/52             13-Feb-03  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

influx

you knwo what Im gonna do?

Im gonna cover my entire god damn house in fucking plastic and duct tape

and shoot any "arab" looking people that come to my door

and then any govt people

mailmen? they DELIVER the terrorist threat dont they?

tax man? TERRORIST!!!!!

fuck it. montana

Message 16/52             13-Feb-03  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

pict

Next they'll be selling large man sized plastic bags with a large roll of gaffa tape and a small oxygen tank and they'll market it as "chemical attack bivouac"

Message 17/52             13-Feb-03  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

france

Steve Roughley! We surrender!

Message 18/52             13-Feb-03  @  07:40 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

monotuni

y'all so funny it hurts  

*blows kisses with a large trout*

Message 19/52             13-Feb-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

The army at heathrow is there to stop Sadaam returning the chemical weapons he bought from the UK and demanding a refund.

Message 20/52             13-Feb-03  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Dominic

LOL @ Influx! Duct 'N' Bass Influx?

Message 21/52             13-Feb-03  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

k

propoganda - it's starting to get desperate.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Dominic

It must be working though K cos 57% of Americans believe the war is justified compared to just 9% of Britians.

Message 23/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

57% of americans also believe that evolution is wrong and that God created the world in seven days..

go figure..

Message 24/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Dominic

I can't seem to figure that one out Zazza...... What does that mean? 2 weeks ago the majority of America didn't support the war. Now nearly 2 thirds do. Somethings happened surely?

Message 25/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

cheddar

If you want to make change then first you need to un balance them (preferably by blaming an external enemy) whilst suggesting a course of action which will alieviate the unbalancing force.

With a similarly stimulated populations only external opinion in line with current anticipated actions will be reported/acknowledged, it is possible that any external opinions that run contra (including re-balancing force) can be used to further isolate and underline the increasingly 'them and us' mindset being encouraged to the fore

"FORE!"

Sadly,one more time, "Believe and be true"

Message 26/52             13-Feb-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Dominic

Can you repeat that in english please? :-)

Message 27/52             13-Feb-03  @  01:16 PM     Edit: 13-Feb-03  |  01:24 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

Just read 1984 by George Orwell...

“WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH” The two minutes hate ended with this message which is the slogan of the Party.

Wtach out for pronouncements by Bush et al along the lines of:

To maintain PEACE we must wage WAR on Iraq.

To maintain American FREEDOM we must subject our citizens to the Patriot II act, secret arrests etc..

Believe our faked satellite photos and proaganda.

etc..

sigh...

Message 28/52             13-Feb-03  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

§ï†ÅR

"I notice you've got a bit creative with your login name Sitar. "

That's sitar wrapped in duct tape,

Message 29/52             13-Feb-03  @  01:29 PM     Edit: 13-Feb-03  |  01:31 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

§ï†ÅR

Well put Zazza.

Message 30/52             13-Feb-03  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

BJT

Duct and cover

Message 31/52             13-Feb-03  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Dominic

(smoking his 8th spliff) "I'm Duct"

Message 32/52             13-Feb-03  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

L$

Well here's a chemical threat that has already caused
far more harm than Osama and them boys ever will:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/02/03/ED162110.DTL

Message 33/52             13-Feb-03  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

erm

If this is the headline "Everybody Loves A War Thug" then this link is it.

OK it's information but will we ever learn after the event either

Message 34/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Jock

Well f*cking hell. I just gaffer taped up my Mum and Dads house with plastic sheeting like the yanks have been doing. I only f*cking went and suffocated them. Now I got no one to bail me out when my credit cards max out.

Thanks for the f*cking advice.

Message 35/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:20 PM     Edit: 13-Feb-03  |  11:21 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Steve Roughley

Well, I certainly know how Michael Lerner feels. And if the world thinks I am a threat now, just wait till they see what I am like when I'm on Americas supply of Duct-Tape! You've never seen a more sticky and dangerously disoriented chemical weapon in your life.  

Steve.

Message 36/52             13-Feb-03  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Blue Peter

and on tomorrows episode we will be showing you how to make a chemical/biological protection shelter from sticky back plastic, used cornflakes boxes and cling film. Also Goldie the dog will be having his bath.

Message 37/52             14-Feb-03  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

errata

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

Go to this link for a reasoned device you can make at home to protect yourself NOW!!!

e

Message 38/52             14-Feb-03  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

milan

lol!  

Message 39/52             14-Feb-03  @  12:35 AM     Edit: 14-Feb-03  |  12:48 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Steve Roughley

Wuaghahahahahahahahah!!!      

That AFDB site is absolutely class. It certainly has tickled me pink!

I also need a worrying amount of sleep.

for(varying conditions) {

The term AFDB instantly makes me think of anaphylactic-database! I have been programming computer code [for major university project] since 9:30am [it is now 12:30am] and I feel all tingly and dizzy!

}

I'm gonna watch 'Monkey' then die!

Goodbye.

Steve.

Message 40/52             14-Feb-03  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

Ah Pigsy!

Message 41/52             14-Feb-03  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Jock

that is pure class LOL

Message 42/52             14-Feb-03  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

Duct tape sales rise amid terror fears

'A Lowe's hardware store in Alexandria, Virginia, said every roll of duct tape has been sold. Another Alexandria Home Depot store reported sales of duct tape tripled overnight.'

Is it just me or is there something faintly laughable about this?

^_-

Message 43/52             14-Feb-03  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

The old ones are the best ones..

Duck and Cover

Message 44/52             14-Feb-03  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Paul

Haven't we learned yet?? We must move to canada.

Message 45/52             15-Feb-03  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

Remember, if you see a flash from an Atom Bomb, duck and cover your face! Of course by then you are toast kids, but what the fuck.. nice catchy tune..

Message 46/52             15-Feb-03  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

milan

what they actually mean: Remember, if you see a flash from an Atom Bomb, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye ;)

Message 47/52             15-Feb-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

Zazza

or what's left of your ass...

Message 48/52             15-Feb-03  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

rhyze

I am laughing very much. You DTers are making me crack my sides I am splitting up so much. Duct tape flavoured slushie anyone?

Message 49/52             27-Mar-03  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

ruptchar

“I saw Tom Ridge on television,” Steven Bosell told reporters outside his home in Corona, California, “telling us that all citizens should go out and stock up on duct tape and plastic, in case of terrorist attack. I’m a patriot, so I went straight down to the local Costco and bought $100 worth of duct tape and some plastic sheeting, to protect my house from radiation.
“As soon as I got home, I taped up the doors and windows, but then I did some thinking. I realised that if survivors like myself are going to reproduce and repopulate the earth after a biological attack, then we have to protect our private parts as well. So I used my last roll of duct tape to wrap up my privates, leaving just a little hole at the end for toilet functions.
“A few days later, the Department of Homeland Security told us that the alert was over, and that we could remove the duct tape. But when I tried to peel the tape off my privates, skin and body hair began peeling off too. I injured myself badly, and there was blood everywhere. The pain was so bad that I called an ambulance, and was taken to hospital, where the tape was eventually removed, though not without further serious injuries to my privates.
“When I explained what I’d done, the doctors and nurses laughed at me, and went out of their way to make me feel like a fool. But the people I really blame are the government, because Mr Ridge made me do this. And President Bush is equally liable for injury to my reproductive future, because he hired Mr Ridge to run the Department of Homeland Security, which gave the nation bad advice. That’s why I have filed a lawsuit against Mr Ridge, the Department, and the President, claiming compensation for emotional distress, personal injury, and sexual dysfunction.”
The Bush Administration has so far refused to comment. (The Corona Times, 13/2/03. Spotter: Andy Ross)

Message 50/52             27-Mar-03  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

psylichon

god really will let anyone outta the stables nowadays, won't he?

Message 51/52             27-Mar-03  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

errata

this CANNOT be true,

Shame he lived, one step away from a Darwin hall of famer..

e

Message 52/52             27-Mar-03  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting

pict

http://www.theonion.com/onion3911/bush_bravely_leads.html

The ultimate warrior leader.He don't need no steenking duck tape.

Viewing all 52 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 52 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)