aaa synthesizing drum sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: synthesizing drum sounds

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             18-Feb-03  @  08:24 PM   -   synthesizing drum sounds

steef

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

give me some pointers then you dirty mincers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             18-Feb-03  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

99devils

Link?: Link

For what kind of drum?

-Craig

Message 3/10             18-Feb-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

Scott

try sampling yourself:

farts yield terrific source material for D&B bass drums and basslines. try varying amounts of carbonation and lactose to acheive different natural filtering effects and intensities. remember not to wear a good set of undies.

vocal cavity does wonders for all sorts of percussive sounds. you might want to try the carbonation trick here, or possibly even helium. remember to take it small amounts and always let it out when you feel your eyeballs starting to bulge.

Message 4/10             19-Feb-03  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

steef

heh heh.

sorry, I probably wasn't very clear - what I mean is that I want to synthesize drum sounds on me synthesizer like. Bassdrum, snare, hats, claps and such devilry.

YOU'RE ALL LOVELY BOYS

Message 5/10             19-Feb-03  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

steef

alright, don't matter - I've found both my arse and my elbow with this.

Message 6/10             19-Feb-03  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

milan

d/l xoxos's soft synths and see how he did it? you could emulate that on any decent va (kinda).

Message 7/10             20-Feb-03  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

99devils

For kicks, I don't use the osc much. Turn the resonance up all the way. On the amp envelope, use a very quick attack and release to taste. If you wan t a tight kick, set sustain to 0, if you want some boom, keep the sustain up, again to taste.

Use the amp envelope to manage the ratio of boom to beat using the sustain setting. Use a 0 attack and set decay to match the filter decay.

-Craig

Message 8/10             20-Feb-03  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

steef

cheers for the help, but I think I know what I'm doing now.

Message 9/10             21-Feb-03  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

BJT

You need exponential envelopes, well they help. Its just a sine wave + noise and filtering, although if you find a neat way to emulate a titanium snare I'm all ears.

Message 10/10             25-Feb-03  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: synthesizing drum sounds

Bastiaan

I've made decent drums (snare and kick) on my an1x...check my webpage...www.geocities.com/basvandewerk

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)