aaa Suggestions for Music PC. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Suggestions for Music PC.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Feb-03  @  08:18 PM   -   Suggestions for Music PC.

tpainton

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ive built many PC's and tried using one for making music back inthe days of Cakewalk 1.0. After MUCH frustration I gave it up due to not being able to do what I wanted to do.. Now, with better computers, ASIO, and USB things are better.. Ive recently migrated back to the computer.

My current computer works great but is not portable.. www.firebase.org/4c.htm

Looking for suggestions for Micro-ATX mobo and case. Anyone know of any good reviews? I basically need a fast computer that I can easily move. None of this full tower crap. Need Micro tower (mini-tower) thats small yet big enough to hold a great sound card.

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             24-Feb-03  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Recently seen one of those microATX thingies with a bundled nForce2 mobo which should allow for plenty of system lurve... Its got ONE PCI slot which will hold yer DSP24, or Audiophile or whatever

Have a look
here

Message 3/8             24-Feb-03  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

Si

Yeah I'd second that, if it's portability you're after. Very fast and tidy. Just don't go looking to upgrade it!

Message 4/8             03-Mar-03  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

k

Link?:  Link

North bridge:Nvidia nForce2 South bridge:nVidia MCP-T

dunno how well they will work with audio... ne1 heard about nvidia chipset use with audio cards like the ones we use?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             04-Mar-03  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

dARKSTATe

No problems with the nForce2 based mobos I hear..

Message 6/8             04-Mar-03  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

milan

any advantages perhaps?

i'm asking because i'm bulding a third audio pc for people in two months, and they always want to know why this and not that and such. "why epox and not asus with multithreading support", " why athlon? what are its disatvantages compared to intel?" etc...

Message 7/8             04-Mar-03  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

dARKSTATe

All I've heard, is that its a FAST mobo platform with dual channel DDR support...

Check out Tom's Hardware for a good article on mobos past and present for AMD platforms

Message 8/8             04-Mar-03  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Suggestions for Music PC.

milan

wicked. thanks! off to read up on it...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)