aaa Roland_JUNO 6 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_JUNO 6

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             27-Feb-03  @  02:37 AM   -   Roland_JUNO 6

PETERHALPIN

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me out with a problem Im having. I just got my first synth (a juno 6) off ebay, and my excitement fizzled when i realised that I cant get any sound out of it. I tried using the phones jack, and nothing. the 'key transpose' button seems to be defunct, as the light is always on and it wont click to the depressed position. Im not sure if this may be the root of my problem (or even what the button does). If anyone out there has any advice for me, or any idea where to get an instruction manual or something like that on the web, I would really appreciate a lot, cuz if I dont fix this thing Im gonna cry myself to sleep tonight. thx, peter (peterhalpin@shaw.ca)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             27-Feb-03  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Broken Silence

is it hooked up to your cpu? Try triggering it from there because it may have a fukt keyboard

i've never seen a juno 6 so it may not even have a keyboard for all i know =)

Message 3/8             28-Feb-03  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Pongoid

Link?: Link

first, check your filter, and env settings. if the VCF cutoff is all the way down, and the HPF is all the way up, and your ADSR settings are all at zero, and your volume is all the way down, and none of your oscillators are on or turned up, then obviously you'll get no sound. Play with your sliders and make sure that one of the lights for the DCOs are turned on. If your output is set to high and your volume is up, and you play with your sliders a bit, you should get some sound. NOTE: be VERY careful, cuz that thing can get really loud really fast, and the bass can EASILY blow speakers, or fry ears.

Broken, if you don't know shit, then don't say shit. CPU? wtf? It doesn't have one. and no midi either. just DCB. I've got one in my friend's studio and used to own the Juno60 myself. Good and tough units. I doubt it's messed up. Don't confuse the poor kid.

Ape

Message 4/8             28-Feb-03  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

R.A.T.

The Juno 6 doesn't have memorys does it ?

I think the 60 was the first one with patch memory. I've got a 106, memory and midi, its meant to be a little less fat than the other models but the control is excellent. If you don't need midi but want the same sound you should look at a 60.

They are solid as rock, can't see it being broken, you should get something when you twiddle with the knobs.

Message 5/8             01-Mar-03  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Broken Silence

im sorry dude if it had midi then a really possible problem could be that the keys were fucked up- thats why i said he could trigger it by the cpu- i'm kinda in the learning process too, and i guess this isnt how you learn. i wont say anything next time

Message 6/8             01-Mar-03  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Mindspawn

The 6s don't have MIDI (unless it's a retrofit or some sort of CV converter), so try Pongoid's advice.... and no, I dunna think it has any onboard "patch memory"....

Message 7/8             03-Mar-03  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Peter/Peterhalpin

Hey! I just wanted to say thanks to you guys who were nice enough to offer me advice on how to get my juno 6 working (pongoid, broken silience, R.A.T., and mindspawn). I appreciate all the replies, and pongoid's was especially helpful. turns out that there is a short in the circuitry due to a faulty (keytranspose) button, and I should be able to get it replaced for cheap. as the synth is a good 20 yrs old, i guess thats not too bad of a deal. thanks again ya'll, and take care.

Message 8/8             03-Mar-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 6

Broken Silence

Any time, if mine was at any help at all =) Hope you enjoy it.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)