aaa 2 Nova Issues - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 2 Nova Issues

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             05-Mar-03  @  03:55 AM   -   2 Nova Issues

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

okay i have these two issues that are just driving me mad...

1: when i have a performance all set up the way i want, i tweaked the sounds right and i wanna stop, i go to write and make sure it says "update progs? Yes."....but it doesn't update anything. There is an Each option too..but that sometimes works. The update "Yes." option also sometimes works too..but it is really frusterating to make some patches and not have them saved...

2: i just tried using the out puts 5&6 on the nova for easier mixing. for some reason, the sound is all messed up and the chorus acts like a volume control or something...ie the chours turned all the way down, you get NO sound. The sound is incredibly messed up too- the 303 patch i made sounds like weird ass FM strings or something and really sounds terrible. then when i switch it over to outputs 1&2 or 3&4, it sounds perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone in adavance =)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             05-Mar-03  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

psylichon

1. Not sure as I never save patches in this manner. Are you sure you have all the memory protection off in the global settings? What I do is do a sysex dump of my edited sounds as a whole performance to my sequencer. Then I never actually have to overwrite any sounds... the sounds are changed in the edit buffer and saved via sysex. When I call up the song, I fly over the perfomance and it sits there in the edit buffer of the Nova just as I saved it, sounds and all.

2. This, to me, sounds like it's a problem with your connector. You got some sorta 1/8" stereo to whatever adaptor? Those can suck sometimes... does the sound change when you fiddle around with the cable? Weird connections can yield strange phase things where all you'll hear is FX or stuff will go in and out. Check it out. Also make sure you have outputs 5/6 set to work as alternate outputs and not to work as a headphone jack.

psy

Message 3/7             05-Mar-03  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

Deano

Link?:  No link

Thought on number 2. If you have a mono part, ie panned fully left or right, then use a stereo effect, the other side will only have the effect on it and no dry signal. Are you just missing one side of the stereo signal on 5 and 6?

Message 4/7             05-Mar-03  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

psylichon

ooooh, good point.

Message 5/7             05-Mar-03  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

Broken Silence

hey

shit it's a cable issue since my converter is stereo...doh!

and about the program stuff- everything is fine in global..it used to work all the time. how do you do these sysex dumps you speak of? and how do you load em back up? does the sequencer just instantly send it when you load the sequencer? i'm using logic if that helps =0

Message 6/7             05-Mar-03  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

psylichon

I'm not sure how it works in Logic. I suppose you can record the sysex dump to a track, but I've never gotten that to work in Sonar.

Cake uses a sysex manager that you can dump banks of info into and save with the session. You can choose to autoload the banks or not. Not sure if Logic has something similar.

Message 7/7             07-Mar-03  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: 2 Nova Issues

Broken Silence

got everytin working now =) im a happy camper except check the fx forums now, another damned question

i turned the incoming program change off i guess logic was sending some weird signal or somethin or other

thanks soo much!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)