aaa Moving... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Moving...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             11-Mar-03  @  12:23 AM   -   Moving...

Mister Boo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I moved into a new appartment this weekend. All my gear appears to be there, which is great.

It nearly didn't make it there, though. The moving men were not too bothered about if my studio equiptment made it in one piece. At one point, I thought that they'd rather that somebody else ran off with it for them because I went to the store to buy them some cans of Coke (Heavy work in the sun, y'know.) and Found my Rack full of gear, my Prophet and my computer all sat in the street, left unattended in broad daylight. I told the fvckers to wrap it up tight, pad it well and make sure it goes into the truck.

I'm sure if I didn't show up when I did, some bastardo from the ghetto down the street would have thrown it into a van and taken it all off to sell for next to nothing. Grrrr.

Not really a moving distaster, but does anybody else have any moving horror stories or anything?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Mar-03  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: Moving...

errata

i remember a few years ago I moved and some over zealous friends went in to the studio and put a few key boards and my rack in the space above the cab! Fortunately I got home and berated them soundly for the "effort"... you see, i move my own sh+t. And I told them so, if someone drops my rack it better be me, ya know?!

e

Message 3/6             11-Mar-03  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Moving...

pict

We flitted from the Scottish Highlands to Denmark via Holland and Germany using a Renault 14 with a trailer load that weighed more than the car.That was some trip the car kept making this lancaster bomber type sound alternating with a spitfire sound the whole journey as it struggled for about 3000 miles.Those old Renaults they went forever ours only died because of complete mechanical neglect and incompetence on my part.

Message 4/6             12-Mar-03  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: Moving...

cheddar

Link?:  Link

i used a r12 estate to move over here but it went down in Germany near the Austrain border. Sweet machine though.

Message 5/6             12-Mar-03  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Moving...

moonunit

"anybody else have any moving horror stories or anything?"

hahahahaha, i'll tell you about one(make thatplenty actually),but i don't have time now.

Message 6/6             13-Mar-03  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Moving...

Boo

Link?:  Link

TELL TELL TELL!

(When you have time)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)