aaa Frontside bus, etc? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Frontside bus, etc?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-Mar-03  @  01:35 AM   -   Frontside bus, etc?

influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok Im just confused

Im putting a system together for my friend, runnin on an Epox 8K9AI, KT400 chipset, 333mhz FSB...

Processor is the newer athlon XP2400 2gig sposed to have a 333mhz FSB too

SO...go into bios..says current CPU speed is 133?

shouldnt it default to the designated amount?

I dont get it. anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Mar-03  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: Frontside bus, etc?

psylichon

Link?: Link

from what i remember from my 333 board, the memory runs asynchronous to the cpu. It's really a hybrid 266 design. The CPU should run at 133/266, and the memory at 166/333, nothing is amiss.

Message 3/3             15-Mar-03  @  10:59 AM     Edit: 15-Mar-03  |  10:59 AM   -   RE: Frontside bus, etc?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Yeah that's completely normal mate. If you can find a detailed block diagram of the mobo then have a look at the diagram of the chip, which you can find at the amd site, it'll all make sense. The way that they work out the architecture of these systems is not what they'll have you think when your buying the damned things. That's marketting for you.  

Regards.

Steve.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)