aaa The Dixie Dreggs!!! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             21-Mar-03  @  12:15 AM     Edit: 21-Mar-03  |  12:54 AM   -   The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Steve Roughley

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Sorry 'bout the misspelling of the name (should be Dixie Dregs). Just mentioned them in another post, which caused me to put on their album: "Night of the living Dregs". And I just have to rant a little here. These guys are just bloody brilliant! Big respect!!! Genre: 'Wellproduceddiscojazzfunkclassicalcountryrock!'. How damned funky! How damned talented! You really have to ask yourself: where the fuck do these people come from?!? If you haven't heard them yet, then I am doing you a big favour here by giving you the title of a band that you just need to hear FULL STOP   :0  

And a quote from their site that is very appropriate at this moment of all our lives:

"... Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves..."

- Carl Sagan.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             21-Mar-03  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

man called clay

Link?:  No link

will pursue, trusting the wisdom....generally> of the eighth house....that of death and resurrection.

Message 3/9             21-Mar-03  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Filthy McNasty

Steve - you heard the Metro Area album?

Message 4/9             21-Mar-03  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Steve Roughley

Can't say that I have. Any good?

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/9             21-Mar-03  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Filthy McNasty

WHAT?!?!?!?! Go out and buy immediately. If you don't like it, I'll cover the price of it. Yes, its that good.

Message 6/9             21-Mar-03  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

milan

never heard of them. and there's nothing about them on that website either :/

Message 7/9             21-Mar-03  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Filthy McNasty

They are signed to Source. Its a French label I believe. Seriously, if you're into house funk, and when I say Funk I don't mean that random word that people use to describe their music. "Oh yea mate, I make funky house". Er no you don't. A disco filtered loop does not make your house funky. Metro Area make proper FUNK.

Anyway, 90% of the album is programmed. No loops. That and The Roysopp album (in my opinion) are my 2 favourite albums in the last 12 months.

Message 8/9             21-Mar-03  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

milan

Source? 'intelligent' techno/electronic music diverse label? that one?

oh wait... you're talking about Metro Area, not dixie dregs i think... yes?

totaly lost in this thread. point me towards some good music please! m.

Message 9/9             21-Mar-03  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: The Dixie Dreggs!!!

Filthy McNasty

Milan - yes, its Metro Area, Morgan Geist is one half. Metro Area are ruling 'House Music' at the moment.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)