aaa Hangovers - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Hangovers

Viewing all 49 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/49             09-Apr-03  @  08:50 AM   -   Hangovers

Jock

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know of any good hangover cures, preferably one that works FAST.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/49             09-Apr-03  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

cheddar

Link?:  Link

1 more of what zou had last night (or a beer) and lots of water

Message 3/49             09-Apr-03  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Maarten

Link?: Link

a good wank under a freezing cold-shower

Message 4/49             09-Apr-03  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Steve Roughley

Yeah, just drink shitloads of water, take some paracetemol, eat as much as you can and try to keep it down till lunch time then neck a couple of pints.

I go through the whole bloody rigmarole at least twice a week. I can't wait till I'm out of Uni. :P

Steve.

Message 5/49             09-Apr-03  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

dARKSTATe

Bloody students....

Message 6/49             09-Apr-03  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

psylichon

two words:

BONG HIT

No kidding... when i feel ready to yak after a night of too many, nothing soothes my stomach better than a thick, creamy, refreshing bonghit. Instant medecine directly to the bloodstream.

I'm not hungover now, but ... damn... writing that. . .

;)

psy

Message 7/49             09-Apr-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Broken Silence

fooooood! big greasy nasty heart attack in a box foooood! Whenever I wake up the next day..i feel like shit...i really dont wanna eat anything...but i swear to god, after i'm done with a bigmac or something, i feel like a spring chicken :P

Message 8/49             09-Apr-03  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Si

I'd go with Broken, though instead of a greasy burger go with a traditional fry-up. Eggs, sausages, bacon, pudding, etc. It's also supposed to work quite well as it replaces salt your body lost while drinking, or so I hear.

Message 9/49             09-Apr-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

k

wot!... no bubble?!

Message 10/49             09-Apr-03  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

influx

heh. GREAT hangover cure:

dont drink so much that youre sick!

too bad I cant follow my own advice

you know one thing Ive discovered that REALLY wards off hangovers (90% of the symptoms of a hangover are dehydration issues Ive read)?

in between each drink, drink an equal amount of water. Youll still be buzzed, but your body will have more "proper" fluids to process the (what is essentially) toxins.

its always worked for me when I was able to discipline myself to stick to it. Prevention!

Message 11/49             09-Apr-03  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

milan

eeewww influx... disciplined drinking? never!

and yeah, phat greasy food works for me usually. or sometimes  

Message 12/49             09-Apr-03  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

if it's an alchohol hangover...

drink a veggie juice drink like V8 (I assume, since you all seem to think Heinz comes from britain that you guys have this over there...   ... Don't go for the hippie, organic juice stuff, you want ALL THAT salt, and extras... then drink as much water as you did alchohol.

It really is all about dehydration and all that...

Cheers!

e

Message 13/49             09-Apr-03  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

influx

ok well then drink 2 gallons of water BEFORE going to sleep, eat 3 bananas and 2 liters of gatorade or that baby stuff

Message 14/49             09-Apr-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

bradelectro

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yulp- fatty greasy foods, not sugary.

drink tons of water b4 you go to sleep if you
still have enuff motor-coordination...

if not, 2 Alleve's and lots of water when you
wake up. Then go back to sleep.

don't take asprin- one of my friends had a
massive hangover and took like, 10
bayers...he soon had little dots of blood
coming from all his pores- eeeew!

Message 15/49             10-Apr-03  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

psylichon

speaking of greasy food... and i don't know if this prevents hangovers or not.... but eating a big greasy meal before drinking can keep you from getting sick. Something about the grease protecting the lining of your stomach.

who knows... but it works for me.

but seriously, no seconds on the pot solution???

psy

Message 16/49             10-Apr-03  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

influx

heck NO! makes the spins even worse!

Message 17/49             10-Apr-03  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Def Z

Actually, hangovers ARE dehydration. The best medicine for a hangover is prevention. What always worked for me was a bagel when I got home, followed by 2 full glasses of water. Wasn't a miracle cure, as you still feel pain, but makes the pain at least tolerable.

Message 18/49             10-Apr-03  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

BlooVooDoo

drinking lotsa milk before a heavy session supposed to line your stomach.

i heard that if youve been out on a vodka binge and wake up with a hangover, instead of eating and taking asprin, just have a big drink of water which decrystalises the vodka thats been left sitting on your stomach lining and viola, drunk enough again to kill the headache but not so drunk you realise the stunner you pulled thats lying in yer bed really is fuckin ugly, like your mates warned you.

spinback

Message 19/49             10-Apr-03  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Defector Z

Don't take acedminaphine (or whatever tylenol is). The alcohol does some crazy stuff with it and it becomes toxic.

Message 20/49             10-Apr-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

I will NOT 2nd the pot solution. Worse sick I've ever been was after a proper night of binging on Guinness and biters... which i can do no problem and then going back and smokin' a few hits from the whole bowl!

Made me stupid, spinny, and Way out of control. There are many favorable drug combos, alchohol and weed are not one of them...

My opinion, of course... Psy, you seem to be one of those stoners who don't suufer ANY of the ill effects of pot. And Good for you too!

e

Message 21/49             10-Apr-03  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

influx

heh. I just cant figure that one out. SPINS like MAD if theres ANY combo of alcohol and pot!

crazy!

Message 22/49             10-Apr-03  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

psylichon

well i was talking about the next day.... when you're just slightly still drunk. I agree, if you're too wasted and you take a toke: goodnight.

actually, the hangover solution i really use is just to smoke bud early in the evening, and then i just lose interest in drinking entirely. Beer tastes awful after a good heady smoke. Hard drinks are tolerable, if done well and drunk slowly.

psy

Message 23/49             10-Apr-03  @  06:09 AM     Edit: 10-Apr-03  |  06:14 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

"Guinness and biters"

What are "biters"?

I'll add my vote to the water thing before passing out, err, I mean going to bed. That and food. Krystal Burgers anyone? I found that to be prefereable to the ideas I come up with the morning after I've forgotten the night before. In the event that I do forget then the next morning, in leau of a bullet through the right temple, I find a big greasy breakfast is best (and the water again). Then, after breakfast of course, there's the Bloody Marys (Cape Cod stylee).  

Message 24/49             10-Apr-03  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

All right, in case you're NOT pissin on me for a simple fuggin' typo...

ugh... With a name like that I'd a thought you'd know what bitters is... Maybe Americans are being ignorant and calling them by the wrong name... or I'm being ignorant and that name of yours isn't WELSH... But I'm talking about the likes of Felinfoel, and here in the states, RedHook ESB!

e

Message 25/49             10-Apr-03  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

bedwyr

felinfoel is a great beer, and that name ain't welsh. and it's 80s man innit.

bitters might be referring to angostura bitters.

Message 26/49             10-Apr-03  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

beds

"In 1830, Dr. Siegert exported his unique aromatic bitters to England and Trinidad. By 1850, he had resigned his commission in the Venezuelan army, to concentrate on the manufacture of his bitters, since by then demand had leapt ahead of supply. "

Message 27/49             10-Apr-03  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

dARKSTATe

Encylopedia boy strikes again!

Personally there's nothing better for helping one over a hanger than a good shag...

Message 28/49             10-Apr-03  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

You gotta read it sorta phoneticly and within the context of my previous "handle" (always hated that term, I feel like I should be some fat guy in an 18 wheeler...). Of course, it also works within the context of this thread now that I think of it.

80's man! Easy tiger, it's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out! Harumph!

Message 29/49             10-Apr-03  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Broken Silence

alcohol + weed = no hangover for me the next day. I've never tried using it as a cure, but it definatley prevents shit for me. Last summer I drank a hefty ammount with some other people and then had a nice bit of that good 'ol deleware weed and i really SHOULD have gotten a hangover the next morning- but I felt nothing

Message 30/49             10-Apr-03  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

cheddar

rhen i remember a big party i was looking forward to but in the end i couldn't go and spent the night sober

next morning i had a stinking hangover

Message 31/49             10-Apr-03  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Zazza

Drink tons of water before you go to bed.. a hangover is just dehydration.. the brain cavity runs out of fluid.. bad news..

Course alcohol makes your brain physically shrink too.. 

Message 32/49             10-Apr-03  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

cheddar

but my dads theory about it is that when you are drunk your brain is just bathing about in this lovely fluid and in the morning, when the fluid has all gone, your brain just rattles off the sides of your cranium.

Explains how hangover pain comes when you shake you head about

Message 33/49             10-Apr-03  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

see, I was being ignorant. Totaly get it now Fhalyndon'gan, I'm slow but I come around.

Cheddar, your Dad's closer than you think. The sack surrounding the brain looses fluid, and the brain does crash around in the head! true.

e

Message 34/49             10-Apr-03  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

HoofHarted

hay simple solution, when you colapse in the gutter or skip , when you wake up in the morning just roll ovr and have a lay in.

you aint been home all nite so ya late any hows so another few hours aint gonna make a difference is it.

The old lady will still moan at ya with the same tone and verbal, so hay ferk it. have a lay in.

Message 35/49             10-Apr-03  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

knowa

I used to live with a neuroscience Ph.D. and she swore by WHOLE Milk before bed. it's the fat that helps though I dunno why/chemistry. hence, the craving for big macs too. and of course water helps.

spins, yuck. I forget that rule about once a year.

Message 36/49             10-Apr-03  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Steve Roughley

"and the brain does crash around in the head! true"

The pain from moving your head comes when your dehydrated and thus shrinking brain begins to pull on the tissue that is holding it in place. EeeWwwww!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 37/49             10-Apr-03  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Trillium

OK, everyone here says water. Water before passing out?? So......since we're all talking about case scenarios for each of us, here's mine. If I drink vodka, and only vodka, I'll get drunk and not vomit. If I don't vomit, I won't have a hangover. BUT, if I drink water after drinking vodka, I'll vomit, which then leads to a most horrendous hangover. I wonder why? But, here's somthing i do know. Pot before alcohol, fine. Pot after drinking, bad, very very bad. BUT.......I do agree with the greasy breakfast food on the next day....very very key. Does anyone else have this anti-water-drunk-tolerance thing?? It sucks, because I don't really drink anymore......

Message 38/49             10-Apr-03  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

it's the vodka...

Someone up there already touched on it. Vodka crystallizes in the stomache and water basicaly re-hydrates the vodka and allows the body to take in more alchohol. Thus, Water + Vodka = way more than you meant to drink!

Must be drinking good vodka to never get a hangover. more power to you!

e

Message 39/49             11-Apr-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

BlooVooDoo

only been sick a couple of times in me drinking career, both with vodka, so so i dont really touch the stuff these days(or really alcohol tbh) but ill tell ya something, remember that vodka/redbull craze a few years back, fuck me, reching that stuff up at 8am is enough to put anybody off caffiene drinks for life! holdin on for dear life thinking 'did i eat a fuckin sweet shop last night?' as what tastes like a thousand liquified jolly ranchers streams out yer nose...... actually just read this back, yuk.

give me an ice cold pint glass of stella lager anyday.

spinback

Message 40/49             11-Apr-03  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Trillium

I so agree with you on the whole red bull/vodka thing. Not only does it feel/taste exactly what you described, but it also, erm, how shall i put this..........makes you do thingss you wouldn't ordinarily?? Not that alcohol in general doesn't cause this, but there seems to be something a little suspicious about that combination.

Trills

Message 41/49             11-Apr-03  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Broken Silence

i've heard many a bad thing about that but it's all mental..i take vivrin always when I drink just so I can stay up real late- it the equivilant of 2 cups of coffee in a pill.

it seems that mixed drinks are always the fuckers that get me too...esp the ones im not used to. Also, stay away from that citric acid + alcohol! I always end up drinking some fruity shit with vodka and it never is pretty the next mornin. But it's not like you care at 10 o'clock on a friday night...

Message 42/49             11-Apr-03  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Defector z

DON'T MIX RED BULL AND ALCOHOL. One shrinks your arteries (alcohol), the other speeds up your heart rate (Red Bull). Add the two together and you get a heart that is trying to pump more blood through a smaller tube. Guess what happens next...

Death.

Don't do it folks, bad news. Surf the net (look up ephedra), you'll see. It's just plain stupid. My brother does it - just not around me anymore. A couple of those drinks ended on the floor, a couple of fistfights ensued. I made my point.

Message 43/49             11-Apr-03  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

So back to the bitters and Guinness thing. Explain the technique used to combine these to fine liquids. Irish Car Bomb stylee, as a chaser?? Do tell.

Message 44/49             11-Apr-03  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

n3

As for red bull and vodka... not for people with heart difficulties. Most people wont die from it. Same thing with cocaine.

I'm with influx on the drink/water alternation. Once you get used to it its not that intolerable.

Message 45/49             11-Apr-03  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

n3

On a related topic, what's your guys' current drink of choice? I'm in the middle of a Skyy martini phase myself.

Message 46/49             11-Apr-03  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

start out with a pitcher of Guinness... then start drinking pitchers of Felinfoel. As the Bitters start to kickin your ass a bit, go back to the guinness and so on. Works for a damned tasty and mixed up evening of darts and bullshit.

right now, as ever my drink of choice single malt scotch... from the bottle, in the woods

e

Message 47/49             11-Apr-03  @  09:46 AM     Edit: 11-Apr-03  |  10:02 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

Drink of choice?

Many shots of Mescal (never eat the worm before noon) followed by at least twice as many Cape Cod Bloody Marys (never before sunrise and at least 45 minutes of sleep/Krystal Burgers following worm consumption).**

**Not to be attempted by nonprofessionals outside a closed course, those over the age of forty, or residents of the United States of Imperialism residing in ND, SD, NE, IA, WI, WY and especially MT (a fictitious place in which nobody really lives anyway)

Message 48/49             11-Apr-03  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Steve Roughley

Drinks of choice are:

Strong Continental Larger. I.e. Stella Artois, Carlsberg Export.

Jack Daniels and Coke.

I usually start on the larger then move to the JD. Never seem to get a bad hangover, or feel sick, so it works for me  

Steve.

Message 49/49             11-Apr-03  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

BlooVooDoo

Speaking of dangerous drinks- A bar manager mate of mine used to have something to do with that 'aftershock' shooter stuff when it first got released in the uk about 6 or 7 years back- he was telling me how they made it so that you could throw back six-eight shooters in a row without feeling the effects- it was designed to form a big sealed gloop alcohol ball which sat bobbing about on your stomach for up to an hour until you lashed a pint (of beer/water/whatever )down or it hit the walls of your stomach lining and burst, kiss your legs goodbye.

Apparently you can take a measure and pour it into a glass of water to show how it works, kinda like a big gloop of sitting oil in water.

Dunno if its still made the same way, probably been toned down in recent years, but apparently when it first came out into the bar industry it had a message on the back of the bottle stating that customers were to be served 6-8 shots absolute maximum over an evening, anything more was 'dangerous'.

Was also reading somewhere that the average life expecency of a russian is 5-10 years less than the rest of europeans because of there national pastime- any truth dya think?

spinback

Viewing all 49 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)