aaa recording audio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: recording audio

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Apr-03  @  09:38 PM   -   recording audio

misicble

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm using the PC version 5.3 and i cant get the audio to record. I used to have version 4.6 and i loaded my "autoload" track that i was using on 4.6 to 5.3 and now i cant record audio. i can hear the sound through the speakers but the meters on logic aren't reading anything. Is there a button or two that i need to change in order to record?

apperciate the help

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             29-Apr-03  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: recording audio

k

are your soundcard drivers set properly in the audio driver settings panel?

Message 3/8             29-Apr-03  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: recording audio

misciblemixer

im using the internal sound card on my computer. it uses AC'97 Audio and both the 2 in's/out's are checked.

Message 4/8             29-Apr-03  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: recording audio

k

Link?: Link

well, in Logic's soundcard driver dialog window ther is two tabs for the drivers, called something like 'audio driver 1' & 'audio driver 2' or whatever

dont use the second one - use the first one only and tick the top left-hand box marked PCAV - Select your driver in the ddrop-down box.

then on the arrange page, you select an audio track - the lower main dialog box on the left-hand side shows the track-name, midi channel and port etc for that track - it should read PCAV on that panel where it says 'output' I think from memory. You need to make sure the audio track or audio instrument tracks are assigned to the pcav driver/output

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             29-Apr-03  @  06:53 AM     Edit: 29-Apr-03  |  06:55 AM   -   RE: recording audio

psylichon

Link?: Link

if you're using your built-in "soundcard", i bet i know what your problem is. You need to set your soundcard's recording input.

If you got a little speaker icon in your system tray, double click that to get your soundcard mixer. Then go to Options - Properties. Select to 'adjust volume for' recording. Make sure all the inputs you could possibly want to record from are checked. Then hit ok.

You should now see a mixer for your recording inputs (line, mic, MIDI synth, CD, etc.) Just check the one you want to record from (probably line in) and make sure the volume is up the whole way. And hopefully that's yer problem.

psy

Message 6/8             29-Apr-03  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: recording audio

k

and if you do use LINE IN - mute the mIC channel cos that'll prolly feed into the input and cause noise (it does on soundblasters)

Message 7/8             30-Apr-03  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: recording audio

misciblemixer

Bingo, and i was wondering where that noise was coming from.

thanks for the help

Message 8/8             02-May-03  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: recording audio

onemind

Whats up miscible- This is your local techno hero  hehehe. Just tried to call ya... Man, thats feckin killer you got that working.

Lots O' help from here!!

Check-E-later

Oh ya... Ever try a Big-kahuna burger?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)