aaa Controling VST plug-ins - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Controling VST plug-ins

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             30-Apr-03  @  10:52 AM   -   Controling VST plug-ins

misciblemixer

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is it possible to let my JP-8000 control the parimiters on the plugins, so I could control envelope and ADSR faders via the knobs and faders on the JP-8000?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Apr-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

k

Link?: Link

yes  

HOW you do it depends on the particular VSTi - some have a LEARN option for all controls, other have a dialog box to enter the controller (reaktor for example) - you MUST have the Logic TRACK selected in the arrange-page which is the VSTi assigned track - only with the track selected can controller or other midi data pass THRU to the VSTi

if you need to re-map controllers because your synth does not allow INTERNALY to assign different midi controller numbers to it's own controls, then this requires something more complicated

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             30-Apr-03  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

Florburner

Yeah more complicated would go something like this in the environment:

midi in -> transformer to change cc A to cc B, and change midi channel from x to y -> sequencer input.

A & x being your hardware parameters, B & y being the softsynth.
You can also chain mulitple transformers to change more CCs. Once you've got one series/array of transformers setup & working think of this. Select all transformers, edit copy, deselect transformers, paste. Now cable it like this midi in -> add a cable selector i) cable select out 1 = old array of transformers. ii) cable select out 2 = newly pasted array of transformers.
Now cable the new array to the seq. in. Edit the new array to control more cc or a second midi channel and CCs on a whole new synth.
Set the cable select to be controlled remotely as well.

Now you can edit 2 synths remotely. Though your stuck with having those 2 soft synths on those certain midi channels.

Kinda complicated. Try drawing a signal flow diagram and it's easier to see what I'm talking about.

Flor.

Message 4/9             30-Apr-03  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

milan

oh, if anyone wants CC lists for Logic's native synths, i have it around somewhere. i guess i could upload if anyone needs it...

Message 5/9             01-May-03  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

Stuff

Milan, upload it!  

Message 6/9             01-May-03  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

milan

File?:  File

logicmidicontrollermaps.zip

ok then  

Kilo should add this to the files section methinks, its too usefull to ignore.

have fun twiddling

Message 7/9             01-May-03  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

k

I added it to the ARTICLES section - it should appear in various sections that way and appear in Logic pages as a 'related article'

Message 8/9             01-May-03  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

milan

excellent.

Message 9/9             02-May-03  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Controling VST plug-ins

misicble

nice
thanks agian for the help

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)