aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Viewing all 163 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message 1/163             06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/163             06-May-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Bastiaan

Fucking awesome lightsabre action...especially the one with added FX....hahahaha...

Is this Jock?

Message 3/163             06-May-03  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

heh heh, I saw that last week. Facking brilliant or what !

Message 4/163             06-May-03  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

dear god, that poor kid...

the sheer level of determination in his face is enough to make me leave hershey squirts in my draws.

psy

Message 5/163             06-May-03  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

hehehehehehhehe

ehehehehehehehehe

heheheheheheeheh

heh

that was good

Message 6/163             06-May-03  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Maarten

lol!

Message 7/163             06-May-03  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

dunno. some of the moves he did actually carried a semblance of grace.

perhaps if he were given the opportunity he could actually lose the awkwardness and the extra weight and become a confident individual, capable of much more?

but no. fuck that. lets just tear the poor fat kid down for being "dorky" eh? God knows we need more mean spirited people in this world, created by the mean-spiritied people?

Message 8/163             06-May-03  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Right on Dave.

Message 9/163             06-May-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

Righ on Mick

heh. what are we righting on?

Message 10/163             06-May-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

Link?:  Link

"perhaps if he were given the opportunity he could actually lose the awkwardness and the extra weight and become a confident individual, capable of much more? "

hahahaqhaqhahqhaqhahhahqahqhaqhaaaaqqqqqa

Message 11/163             06-May-03  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

not sure why that might be funny

Message 12/163             06-May-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

'cause you sounded like Clay there! LOFL! Just laugh at the fat little dude!

Message 13/163             06-May-03  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

why? why laugh at him?

cuz he was intentionally trying to be funny? ok.

too many people seem to have forgotten how deep it cuts when people ridicule you for TRYING

Message 14/163             06-May-03  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Like I said, "Right on Dave."

Message 15/163             07-May-03  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

you're taking a stand on THIS one... okay, i feel ya.

But little fat dude still makes me laugh. I don't care WHAT he was trying to do  

psy

Message 16/163             07-May-03  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

you were obviously never fat or had zits or didnt quite fit when you were young

probably a jock boy football player who just meshed right in, eh?

Message 17/163             07-May-03  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

ME? LOL, we gotta meet hehehehe

I'm skinny as hell (still 125 lbs to the day), had some horrible acne in my time (2 bouts of acutane finally stopped that) and played golf for the team at my inner-city high school. Now, while being skinny has nowhere near the stigma of being fat in today's society, beLIEVE me, I've had my share of bullying.

I just never let it bother me. To the day. And while most would think that would lead to "postal" thoughts, I've never had anything remotely close to that, ask anyone that knows me.

Granted, most people aren't like this, thus it's considered not "nice" to laugh at fat people. I will grant you that. But it's a lot cooler when the subject of a joke can see and join in on the amusement. Then no one gets hurt.

I just wish people would stop caring so fucking much about what others thought of them. It's a plague to humanity, this vanity... you think any other animals care if their hair is messed up, or if their metabolism is a little slow?

Though the thing here is... dude coulda been skinny as hell and I still would have laughed at him if he put that much energy into his 'fight sequence'. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and THAT'S what's funny cause... well, look at what he's doing  

psy

Message 18/163             07-May-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"you think any other animals care if their hair is messed up, or if their metabolism is a little slow"

Humans are the only species to have usurped natural selection. Some of our species ridicule those whom natural selection would have eradicated under different circumstances. Of course our species has also developed the trait of compassion but unfortunately it isn't a species-wide trait.

Message 19/163             07-May-03  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

I dunno man. people get beat down mentally far too often in our world, and personally I think it sucks.

it aint about the fat, it aint about bein geeky..its about acting as tho those are FLAWS instead of just human traits

youre right tho..I honestly wasnt really that serious about it

Message 20/163             07-May-03  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"I honestly wasn't really that serious about it"

I guess I gave myself away. I got the living shit beat out of me in grade school on a regular basis but its ridicule that leaves the most lasting impression. As an adolescent things changed drastically. I was on the other side so to speak. Now, as an adult, I like to think I understand both sides to a degree so I hope the kid was in on the joke. For kids like him the best defense is to be in on the joke.

Message 21/163             07-May-03  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

I would not like to turn this into a "trance haters" thread...

Just look at what Influx said in his first reply above. Spot on!

I wonder, where was this kid? Looks like a stage set!!! Like a drama class... a tape he meant to take with him... I seriously doubt if he intended for this to ever get out! That means the WHOLE F+CKING WORLD is laughing at him... and he knows it! Not just the Assholes at school this time... even narrow minded ADULTS at an otherwise decent website are laughing at him! THAT'S SUICIDE MATERIAL! really f+ckin' funny!

e

Message 22/163             07-May-03  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

I will NOT tiptoe around the funny things in life in constant fear of ruining someone's psyche, god damnit! The kid has feelings, yes, but it's a bit ex post facto at this point. Tape's out there and it's FUNNY. Tell me you didn't laugh at it.

Yes, I would feel bad if I stole his tape and distributed it to the world, but I DIDN'T. However, now that it's happened, I think it's pretty damned funny, so I'm gonna laugh at it!

I'll tell ya what, if I ever meet the kid, I'll sit down with him and explain why I think his tape is humorous, and hopefully he can chuckle along with me. Really, I will!

But what else can I really do but teach my kid someday to have thick skin...? (I feel a Jock joke coming on...;})

psy

Message 23/163             07-May-03  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

heh heh, nah fat people are funny. they eat too much and they look stupid. they deserve to be laughed at and mentally tortured (and physically if you can get away with it)

This is coming from someone who peaked at 19 stone back in 1998, so I know all about being at the end of the fat jokes and being depressed about it.

But theres only one solution, stop being a fatty, eating pies is not going to help.

Message 24/163             07-May-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

steve

you should join the samaritans jock.

Message 25/163             07-May-03  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

I'd love to be a Samaritan.....

"hello Samaritans, I cant handle it anymore, my wife has left me, I feel empty and useless and I am thinking of taking my own life"
"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"
"BANG.... * followed by sound similar to large trifle being thrown against a wall*

Message 26/163             07-May-03  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

knowa

fat people are harder to kidnap.

Message 27/163             07-May-03  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

aye, thats true. I had terrible problems abducting The Great Suprendo back in the 80's, did my back in real bad.

Message 28/163             07-May-03  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

It might've been funny if it was a caricature, or a simple accident... (South park style humor is hilarious..) But he's taking himself seriously... I would be SHOCKED if he meant for the thing to get out. In the end, you're laughing at pain! And that's not funny.

No Psy, I really did not laugh, not once! Didn't think it was funny! Fat kid, acts like a dork!

And this, I don't think it's that he's fat, guys... you'd all be laughing no matter his size. It's the FAILURE that's funny, right? If he was fit, and graceful, it wouldn't be on the internet in the first place!

I'm not trying to be a cop here... Just have a hard time staying quiet at this sh+t. The internet either gives you the immunity to behave badly, or you guys are the assholes that picked on unfortunate kids at school. Which is it?

e

Message 29/163             07-May-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Broken Silence

wow i'd have to agree with you completely jock- thats what ive always said about fat people. if you're fat- its your fault deal with it. laughing at them is only going to make them want loose weight...so in the long run, it's a good thing :D

Message 30/163             07-May-03  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

what? Now laughing at fat people is an act of compassion?!!!!

Jesus, man... it's people like you that make the United States what it is!

e

Message 31/163             07-May-03  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

Okay..........

This is where I step in. Being fat is not funny, and it's not always "their" fault. Imagine growing up you entire life, being picked on because you were fat. Taunting, name-calling, being beat-up, not having friends, all because you were fat. You didn't know why you were fat, you didn't overeat, and no matter how hard you tried to get thin, it just wouldn't happen. You grow up, build a tolerance, and you just deal with it. It doesn't matter how much talent you have, how beatiful your face is, or how amazing your personality is. No one cares about what a wonderful person you are, all they see is a fat person, and that stigma will never leave you. So, you hit your mid-twenties, still fat, and the doctors finally tell you that you have a disease, a disease caused by infertility and your body's confusion of how to work. So they say, hey, it's not your fault, it never was, it's not your fault you're fat! Well what to do next?? Sorry...you can take these pills to make your body work now, but it took to long to figure out. So, no children for you, and I'm sorry, you're still fat. FUCK YOU ALL who say it's funny and it's "their" fault. You haven't walked a step in anyone else's shoes. Have a little compassion for chrissakes for people who might be different from you. Please........ the fact that this argument is even here, makes me want to puke.

Trills

Message 32/163             07-May-03  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

beds

oh shut up errata. pain is not funny? what are you on about? pain is very very funny, that's why there's a whole subgenre of comedy dedicated to it, slapstick.

misfortune is funny. somebody else's misfortune is even funnier. this poor kid has the misfortune to end up being laughed at for his crap lightsabering. that's funnier still.

everything is funny. sex, life and death are funny. everything in between as well. except steve, he's not funny at all.

Message 33/163             07-May-03  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

Im still sayin it wasnt the fat part that was really the focuse. like E said..if the kid had done it well (heh..it still might be kinda creepy tryin to emulate a light saber fight at his age )...

its just...well..there are clearly some of us here who feel like theyve been hindered by social ridicule, and that is NOT funny.

Message 34/163             07-May-03  @  06:02 PM     Edit: 07-May-03  |  06:06 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me that you are not completely ignorant of medical conditions that cause obesity. You can't be. Its impossible not to know that in any number of cases obesity could be the result of genetic defect. It can also be the result of poor parenting or simply poverty (unhealthy fattening foods are cheap but filling for the less fortunate). Kids sometimes have very little choice in their diet.

Its always easier to say "its their own fault", isn't it? Making oneself feel better about being a loser whose self-esteem rests upon deriding others is an important character trait to develop when one has decided to become a tool. Perhaps being a tool is a genetic defect as well and the world should have some compassion....? Oh wait, lets just ridicule the tools. That's it! Hmmmm being a tool, wanker, as$#ole, cu@t, spineless coward, etc., is something to be made fun of. Of course, I have a theory that the wankers of the world end up being ridiculed in their old age by kids the likes of themselves.

Puerile name calling has made me feel better now, thanks.

Dharma is real. I've had the pleasure of seeing it in action.

Message 35/163             07-May-03  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Beds... slapstick is an emulation of pain... it allows us to laugh at our own misfortunes by identifying with it.

Laughing directly at pain, in an existential way is valid... of course it's all funny (death, pain, happiness...), hell what's funny is that ANY of us take ANYTHING seriously. But I suspect those who laugh at this kid are not taking that tact... in fact, i suspect it's more of a "glad it's not me" approach... which makes the laughter sad as well.

Monty Python did a great sketch once on the village idiot... it was hilarious... but in reality, when confronted with this brand of disfunction (or rather, just... difference) how funny is it? If you're laughing at other people's misfotune, you're an ass...

You surely doon't need me to tell you guys that!

Mick, careful with that word, you sound like a religious nut! hehehe

e

Message 36/163             07-May-03  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Broken Silence

it may be different now, but fat people at my school definatley have friends. i have no idea where you are coming from saying that fat people are excluded from the society etc etc. Thats gay people now, not fat people (jesus not this discussion please). some of the most popular kids at school are fat and no one picks on them. I was joking about too (hence the :D), but i don't know one fat person who doesnt eat way too much (and we're not talking about salads here). When people say that being fat is a medical condition, then fine its not okay but do you think (this is a generalization) this kid who is obsessed with starwars or whatever is going to the gym everyday and watching his diet? It sure as hell doesn't look like that.

But if you are going to restrict yourself to not lauging at anyone who may have some sort of condition or problem, what the fuck are we going to laugh at? "Hey! you shouldn't laugh at that kid who just ran into a glass door! He may have eyesight problems" or "Now don't tell me you just laughed when that dude busted ass during the silent prayer at church, he may have rectal-discharge syndrome" no, not gonna work well.

Message 37/163             07-May-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

BS, that's BS!!!

and I suspect you know it... it's simple misfortunes you're on about... unavoidables. That's SLAPSTICK, this isn't. I'm not saying, "Don't laugh the things that happen to people"... I'[m saying,

"You're an asshole when you laugh at the person and not the event!"

If I hit my head on a branch, It's funny. And we'll laugh together. If I hit my head on a branch and you call me a graceless idiot, we'll have a problem!

Can you see the difference?

e

Message 38/163             07-May-03  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

rhyze is dead right on the natural selection part. in this culture, your survival is based on what people think of you. if people had a livelihood outside of society, it would be different.

but why should you care, asshole? you'll always need someone to take the jobs you wouldn't, so just demean everyone you can to fill those slots.

hand up your ass, monkey-puppet.

Message 39/163             07-May-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"hand up your ass, monkey-puppet"

LOL!

Where do you come up with this stuff. Xoxos, you really remind me of a guitar player, Palmer, I worked with in Orlando, FL. An infuriatingly caustic wit with a disturbingly keen eye for absurd irony and senselessness. A maddeningly incomprehensible human being sometimes.

I miss the guy. His GF offed herself and I never heard from him again after he related the story to me over the phone.

By the way, did you just agree with me?!?!?!

Does this mean we're on "speaking terms" again? Do I have to, like, be nice to you an' shit?  

Message 40/163             07-May-03  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

beds

yes you're right about the slapstick thing errata. that's why cartoons are even funnier. tom, jerry, itchy & scratchy  

you too influx, social ridicule isn't funny.

and you old mick.

i hope this poor kid can laugh at himself later on in life.

btw errata, you're a graceless idiot.

Message 41/163             07-May-03  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

It's only if BrokenSilence calls me a graceless idiot that I'll get mad! ;)

I'm actually a blathering, graceless idiot!

e

Message 42/163             07-May-03  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Its not outside the realm of possibilty that the kid was in on the joke. Its true that there are a good many "fat" kids who have a good many friends and have been surrounded by support for long enough to be able to poke fun at themselves but, sadly, they tend to be a minority. Also, no one knows what really goes on in their heads. Perhaps its all false bravado, their way of accepting the taunting, thereby being accepted by their tormentors. The ultimate Taoists.

If I play devil's advocate does that make me a religious nut???

Message 43/163             07-May-03  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

you're all right... agreed 100%... I'm not the most sensitive person always, and it's something I should work on.

I guess my problem here is that... I'm not going to NOT LAUGH at this video JUST because the kid is fat. I don't think his size has anything to do with it. He's quite agile. More power to him.

The determination is the funny thing, and I stick by it. I'm sorry if he takes his 'fighting dance' so seriously that he would be upset at all this. But c'est la vie.

It's still funny.

psy

Message 44/163             07-May-03  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

I would definitely agree with you on that one. it IS funny in a "maybe you otta practic a bit more first BEFORE taping yourself" way

but then..heh...Psylichon..you mentioned golf...ever taped your swing? GREAT way to learn!

so yeah..I think we've run the gamut here...

Message 45/163             07-May-03  @  11:08 PM     Edit: 07-May-03  |  11:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

brad

File?:  [image]

[image file]

>No Psy, I really did not laugh, not once! Didn't
think it was funny! Fat kid, acts like a dork!
>And this, I don't think it's that he's fat, guys...
you'd all be laughing no matter his size. It's the
FAILURE that's funny, right?

WORD. I didn't laugh either. Shit's just not
funny to me. and trust me, I got the capacity to
laff at some stupid shit.

was never fat or terribly awkward but I was
(am?) a hyperactive spaz and always doing
my own thing so that made me a target...esp.
in a rough school where creativity can equal
feminine, gay, whatever.

It's like yeah, dude's obviously tryna do a
movie or something, so he's doing something
a bit strange, esp. when presented out of
context. So fucking what. Some of you guys do
come off like some fuckin jocks on this one.
So like the site says:

"I'm guessing that most of you weren't any
cooler in junior high school than this poor kid.
All you geeks, nerds, and dorks out there need
to think twice before trashing one of your own."

Anyway rant over. BTW I have a .wmv of
Psylichon in his underwear playing air guitar
with his golf clubs, funny as sh*t...
I'll post the
link in a bit ;-)

Message 46/163             07-May-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. you should see the old vid of me in the speedmetal band I was in...

we had no singer so I would "sing" the songs that I could...but couldnt really..

so..our first gig...the Waters Club in San Pedro..end of the show..I go to set my bass down and walk up to the mic to announce that we need a singer...

fuck cord is wrapped around my leg. I trip, almost fall, bass falls over (of course I hadnt turned down the volume all the way so it makes a lotta racket) and IT WAS ALL ON TAPE

now..THAT is something you can laugh at all you want!

Message 47/163             07-May-03  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

busterbloodvessel

LIP UP FATTY!

Message 48/163             08-May-03  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Legend has it that, on stage, in front of nearly 2000 people at the start of a set as part of the grand opening of a club in Daytona Beach my pants fell down. Well, as I remember it, they started to fall but I backed into the fog, returned to the ramp that led to the stage behind the band, cinched my belt, got it together and returned to center stage. Of course my band mates found the idea of my pants actually falling to be a much more amusing story.

Message 49/163             08-May-03  @  02:39 AM     Edit: 08-May-03  |  02:53 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

"BTW I have a .wmv of Psylichon in his underwear playing air guitar with his golf clubs, funny as sh*t"

You liar, it was a tennis racket and a halter-top. BUSTED!!

psy

Message 50/163             08-May-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

all i know is that i was a little hurt when someone made fun of influx for sounding like me.

Message 51/163             08-May-03  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

then you hadn't had enough beers at that point.

Message 52/163             08-May-03  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

now we're making fun of me drinking....
i mean MY drinking....
hey! which reminds me!

Message 53/163             08-May-03  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

nah sorry, I disagree with being sensitive to fat people, even if they do have a condition. My partner has PCOS, which has a lot of side effects, one of which is obesity. There are specific diets to aid her condition. She knows she cant eat certain things, she does really well. Unfortunately she'll have to take care of her diet all her life. But she deals with it well and accepts it.

Its actually quite obscene that there are so many fatties in the western world gorging themselves out of pure greed. Especially when there are so many people starving.

I have consistantly been a tubby little bastard ever since I suffered from extreme asthma from birth. Then add to the mix getting a car and being able to drink and eat kebabs in my 20's. I was extremely obese. Made me feel like shit. I didnt mind people knocking me about my weight until one day I realised what a sack of shit I was. I did something about it. Its a long hard ongoing struggle, but its certainly worth it.

The majority of fat people CAN do something about it, but choose not to. Maybe their parents are fat too, and they have an unfair disadvantage. Maybe they have an extremely slow metabolism. So what, you deal with your condition and sort it out. Life isnt fair, and struggle and perserverance is all part of the game. Theres no excuse's for being obese. Its down to laziness and greed. And people should stop pussyfooting around fatties.

If that sounds intolerant and unreasonable, then sorry. But thats they way it is. And remember this is coming from someone who is still overweight and unhappy about it.

Message 54/163             08-May-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

Fair point wheezy, but how come fat people are more fun - "tears of the clown"?

Message 55/163             08-May-03  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

^^^

Message 56/163             09-May-03  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

lovehandle

^

Message 57/163             09-May-03  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. lol at cheddar

and...fat acceptance ey?

now THAT is WRONG

fat is unhealthy, and yes, often sprouts from gluttony or poor diet...its not something that should be ENCOURAGED

but definitely not a source of mental abuse either

Message 58/163             09-May-03  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

one of my early 'experimental band' gigs, i said "okay, i'll be on stage playing this biscuit tin on a stick drum, you lot start in the audience and join in with portable instruments, whistles, whatever, and make your way up to the stage.." so we go and it's video taping, drum, drum, drum.. not a note from anyone else, so i'm like what the fuck, everyone's looking at me waiting for something to happen, and i start beating myself over the head with it..

in the video, i'm drumming, pans away, pans back rapidly just in time to see me walloping myself all close up at some crazy tilted camera angle, you're watching it and it's like OH MY GOD!

i have no recollection of how long i had to do that before things got going.. bastards  

Message 59/163             09-May-03  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. hows that for public scrutiny!

Message 60/163             10-May-03  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Xoxos, LOL. I swear you and Palmer are brothers in a parallel universe.

Message 61/163             10-May-03  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

I'm gonna be the bastard AGAIN, and say I completely support Jock in his stance. I am fucking disgusted with fat people. The ones who cannot control it, with EXTREMELY rare exception are simply weak willed, and too selfish to acknowledge who they are, and how their bodies work, and what they have to do to not store excess, excess I might add that others are STARVING in support of. I'll give ya a little tip. I was in the military years ago. You know what most of that food is in the chow halls? Fat filled cheap ass governemtn surplus garbage. Lowest bidder food deal shit. Guess what? Because of the rgourous excercise regimens and physical futness standards that people must follow just to be considerred fit for duty, that shit doesn't stay on you as useless fat. While I was in I gained over 30 pounds, and lost three percent of my body fat taking me down to less than two percent. I'm not that way anymore, but definately less than ten now. Don't try to hand me the genetic thing either, cuz almost EVERYONE in my family, parents, grandparents, sybling, even cousins are prone to be overweight, and those that are not have to work VERY hard not to be that way. People can simply not get fat unless they eat, or they are oxygenarians, and I've yet to meet one, even a skinny one. Those that do eat, have to simply learn and accept what their bodies need to maintain a healthy equilibrium without acquiring excess and then stick to that. Not all people need the same things, and if your body cannot consume a whole pizza followed by a container of cake icing while you watch Oprah and Jerry reruns without gaining or maintaining excess fat on your body, then Jeezuss fucking h. Crakers, what kind of intelligence beyond a drooling, immobile semi-vegitative retard does it take to realize that you need to not do that to not be a fat fuck? Other parts of the planet do not have so many fat people anywhere. We are the fat fucks of the planet. Part of why we are fat here is because it is accepted as semi-normal. Let me break this down simply. Fat is not beautiful, except for a few sexual devaints, and it is not healthy for anybody. Not for fat people, or the skinny people around them. It is unhealthy and I find it disgusting in appearance. It is a mark of shame for me as an American who travels outside the country. There may be some portly Brits too, but NOTHING like what we have here. Fat chicks are not cool. Where my folks live, on the east coast, there are almost nothing but fat chicks and the skinny geeky guys that work their asses off to feed and fuck them. Ewwww, gross. Nothing like continental Europe or Australia. Back in the day, WAY back, if you were fat, you couldn't keep up with the tribe. You couldn't run, you couldn't hunt, you couldn't move enough to gather food effectively without exhaustion, or heart atteack, so you died. Now it's just weakness of character that causes it. Fat sucks. It's not cool, and folks can call me harsh or whatever, but for those who are just too weak to even try to make the effort to not be fat, well fuck you, cuz you make others starve. For those that do try, and fail, well try harder, and accept who and how you are, and what you HAVE to do to not be fat. You CAN do it, so apart from weak will, I see no excuse. Yup, I'm still an asshole. I don't like seeing fat people, and never ever want to be that way, so fucking what? You don't like it?

Ape

Message 62/163             10-May-03  @  02:33 AM     Edit: 10-May-03  |  02:36 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

Not really, no.

I may not pull punches to protect people's egos. I may profess that anyone who's feelings can be hurt by words is weak and silly.

But I won't go where you are. To be pretentious enough to to try and define beauty.

I mean really, pongoid. Who the fuck are YOU?

psy

Message 63/163             10-May-03  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

argh, whatever it's your opinion. I'm gonna go out drinking.

Message 64/163             10-May-03  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

my neighbor is black and very pretty of the face and an ultra-sweet and soulful person.....in my estimation and yet she is very large. i never ask her if this makes her happy. i don't need to. i do know i see the old man occasionally runnin game....
of course he does not tell me because i don't want to know. they have kids, more than i could've ever raised, that's for sure.
what i feel is sad about fatness in america is that it is not only a disease but an epidemic one. i think....1: food companies want to sell food: simple. lots of it. 2: i think parents have learned that throwing food at children is nourishing them. that and television....of course.
so kids grow up in fron of a box and see kids on that box going crazy hollering and laughing eating this and that....and this becomes our paradigm for happiness. our existences have become hinged on consuming anything and everything we can. and when we're lonely......we eat. and when we're worried: we eat. and when we're rejected: we eat.
hot dogs. chips. fries. cookies. cereal. peanut butter. hamburgers. pizza. eat eat eat.
size has become something to worship here, too. the man with the huge wallet....the huge fleet of yachts...the huge fleet of mansions...the entourage of ho's and bitches that wanna be him or be with him.
the man who is the big dick.
size has become comfortable for people.....especially insecure people.
we are an insecure nation and culture. you can pin even the hugest gluttons of this culture to admit that it reeks of britney and michael and shit cereal crapola and simply bad taste and excess everywhere.
but at least it's in excess! MORE! YES! NOW! OOOH!

anyway.....if someone's gonna sound like clay...it might as well be ME once in awhile?!?!! eh?

my son....at around 8....i saw this potential for him to become very large. his mother liked to feed him horror movies and everything televison could offer and lots of macdonald's burgers. she knew i though macdonald's was THE WORST......so feed the kid a big mac. anyway....when i noticed him getting rounder and rounder....i finally began becoming a little mean with him.....and called him on it....telling him he wasn't going to enjoy it as an adult. well....not that he loves me much....
....but he's lean....tall....and strong now....and bald and perhaps ready to be drafted if the army needs him. oh yeah...lots of violent video games too. and rap....some of the hugest names are literally the hugest dudes.
so yeah....fat's just a part of our culture.....and for some it's a real part of their individual existences.
i think anything one can do to try to convince a child that he might think otherwise about being fat....is good. my son's got girl's on his jock all the time.
i'm not sure if this is good but he's not eating away his loneliness.

mcc>

Message 65/163             10-May-03  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

just talked to the boy and he says he's good and not even: "trippin on no chicks right now.
i still chill with some cool ones here and there but....it ain't all about that for me right now."

that's my little man.

in case y'all wonderin: i raised that kid solo from 9 to 16. we figured last year it was time for him to get it back with his mom. it ain't ever done....being a parent...but i did mine.
and my girl is even older....i just heard she's moving to new york?
damn...she's an adventurer.

Message 66/163             10-May-03  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Hhehehehe... all right P... not going there with you again. We aren't really talkin' about whether fat people are pretty. We're talking about whether it's reasonable to Put them down, to their face, to make them feel bad about themselves... to victimize a person who already has no self worth!

And I think it's not reasonable... And I think people who do it have very low self worth themselves. My opinion (you knew you guys would get it, hehehe): If you waste your time giving a sh+t about whether someone is fat or not, or pretty enough for you, you are small! If you waste your energy laughing at broken people, and feeling superior to other people, or judgeing their personal actions or appearance, you are small!

that's my take

e

Message 67/163             10-May-03  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

Amen E.

Trills

Message 68/163             10-May-03  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

dunno Pongoid. last pic I saw of you you were lookin pretty flabby

and actually...when I stole the thread I wasnt talking about the "fat" part specifically, but the whole concept of social ridicule...awkwardness, clumsiness, geekiness, fatness, and on and on and on.

personally I was chubby and awkward when I was a kid, then I grew up to 6'3", 215 pounds, and from about 19-25 meted out vengeance for all the cruel years on anyone that stepped up. I grew out of it and even though Im still sheepish and cant help but feel the "are they lookin? did they see me fuck up?" voice it is a far cry from the days when I would hide in the corner of the playground with my stomper cars building mud tracks.

Id agree that fat isnt "pretty" but it doesnt make someone "ugly" either. sure, there are plenty of folks that really do need to slow down on the piggin out thing but I would venture that even the majority of them are trying to fill a void and arent JUST gluttunous.

My housemate is a fucking GLUTTON. pure and simple. When he eats he eats A LOT, and takes HUGE bites, and drinks to excess every time and pretty much everything he does is over the top

THAT is a mental thing, but at the exact same time, I believe he _could_ learn to manage it by himself. It truly does come down to discipline in far more instances than modern society is willing to allow

its almost funny cuz on the one hand we frown and at the same time coddle or excuse. odd

Message 69/163             10-May-03  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

i also feel sad for people, who conversely....become so hung-up on being the thinnest thing possible.

Message 70/163             10-May-03  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

"that book can't be very exiting, nothing is happening

Message 71/163             10-May-03  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

pict

The ancient greeks believed that you should practice moderation in all things it seems to be a very sensible idea.

Ape just a thought what do you think of Sumo wrestling ?

Message 72/163             10-May-03  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

heh. those fuckers are NASTY lookin!

moderation. yup

Message 73/163             10-May-03  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

this thread is full of shit, just overpoweringly FOS, you guys write with one eye and read with the other meanwhile that jands get up to pretty much whatever.

Anyone who can contribute to this forum knows nothing of moderation, self control or any of the "only for the strong" cures proposed here and in other threads. When are we - intelligent few - going to face up to us being the problem.

And don't think intelligence is clever, i have read and agree that it is not a survival trait

Message 74/163             10-May-03  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

demise trait?   it'd go along with use of this 'support system.' it's like masturbating "i CAN make a difference, i CAN make a difference.."

Message 75/163             10-May-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Fat is NOT a disease. Fat people are not victims. They can choose to not be fat. No matter how difficult anybody tries to make it out, it's a choice. Plain and simple. If you choose to be fat, I choose to look down upon you for it. Anorexia/bulemia is also a choice. Neither one are easy to overcome. I know this well. Malnutrition, and starvation are RARELY a choice. I have dealt with those personally, so don't try to hand me even one little bit of shit for trashing people who eat too much when others starve. A person with food has the choice to be gluttonous or not. A person without it has no choice.

Influx, I've NEVER been flabby. Not ever.

Now as for Sumo wrestling, I think it's pretty barbaric in its origins, but the guys that do it have turned it into a ritual and an artform. They are immense dudes, but only part of that mass is fat. A lot of those guys, the really good ones especially, are fucking stong. They can move that mass with speed and power. A lot of them can lift each other as well. Weighing 350lbs, and being able to lift another guy of the same weight in addition to your own...that is worthy of some respect for the feat. However, the tradition started with slaves who were kept in cages and fed to be large, then made to fight each other in the clay ring just like beetles, and the salt that they threw down was supposed to signify anger, and egg the contestants on. This was done for the pleasure of the courts. So do I found it to be originally a noble thing? No, not really. Has it grown to be something worthy of respect? Yeah, I guess it has, cuz those guys do it and do it seriously, and train hard to be that way, and I know that it's not something I could even begin to try without getting my ass kicked royally. Do I find it aesthetically pleasing? Fuck no.

Errata, I'm not particularly big physically. If you judge others for judging others, doesn't that make you just as small by that token? I don't think judgement is a diminuative thing. I think lack of honesty with oneself and others in the attempt to be compassionate is far more demeaning for all involved. That of course does not equate to having to say everything you feel all the time, but neither does it mean lie or beat around the bush, or try to politcally correct a situation by making one at fault out to be a victim, even if of themselves. One chooses to be a victim, especially in this case. I don't get on people for conditions they are born with like birth defects, gender, skin color, sexual orientation, endowment, because those are not choices. Those are conditions that we are all given, and we have to deal with. Fat is a choice. I have no guilt or remorse whatsoever at all for judging people by their choices, and I think to not judge them for that does both you and the other person a disservice, since it is the choices we make that define us as individuals far above and beyond the conditions that are imposed upon us by our very births.

Ape

Message 76/163             10-May-03  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

well then Ape....

I'm glad you choose to be an asshole.

Message 77/163             10-May-03  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Yeah, I suppose it does make me just as small... I admit my faults, and getting pissed at people who treat other people badly is definately one of mine.

I'm by no means being politicaly correct. It's not your opinion (or anyones) that I'm on about, it;s the desire to share it in a hurtful way. I take umbrage with anyone who acts out to hurt other people...

Cheddar's right, again... as usual... But I do not see people as the problem, there's these blinder most people wear (I think) that makes us think we are the sum of our actions, or even behaviors! I think we're bigger than that! (Except when we judge one another, eh?)

e

Message 78/163             10-May-03  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

overconsumption is a choice, and pongoid is right - we make our own choices, and deserve to be judged by them. the validity of that statement may be more in the nature of an affirmation than an assertion. ne?

however, we all know that many people are born into conditions where the individuals supporting them require that they make their choices for them.. as a child, you will respect our choices of reward for you when you are good! you will like our ice cream! and when we use it to reward you for behaviour we find pleasing, you better take it!

by the time you're eight and have enough knowledge to make your way through the wilderness, you could be so plump that nuts and berries might not seem plausible.. you may have been conditioned with some medical 'need..'

the sad thing is, sometimes, the net is woven so tightly..

"the tiger's got you now!"

for us, we should be glad we have had our opportunities.

Message 79/163             11-May-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

and might i suggest that it's okay to occasionally admit that none of us know all things?
a little tolerance of other opinions is a good thing.....even amidst our need to maintain our own critical faculties and perceptual sense of judgment.

Message 80/163             11-May-03  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

there's a difference between not knowing all things and being incorrect  

Message 81/163             11-May-03  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

nevertheless xoxos...it's an academic and miniscule one in the larger scheme of things beyong human concern.

Message 82/163             11-May-03  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

"If you choose to be fat, I choose to look down upon you for it. " - how short sighted of you P. Talk about easy scores, the ones you can see. In scotland we have (had?) religoeus hatred cos there were little/no other skin colours to have the more usual racism flavour of hatred

"A person with food has the choice to be gluttonous or not. A person without it has no choice." and if governments choose who is fed...?

"I don't get on people for conditions they are born with like birth defects, gender, skin color, sexual orientation, endowment, because those are not choices. " - what of the stupid or those who's upbringing didn't let them see the world as they could have had - do you sit patiently with these people and while away your life. No. You make decisions based on experience and peer review like most everyone but as I said you neglect the unseen in favour of the obvious. "Check the aura on that bird, whoooaaar?"

"...endowment," hahahahahaha - now i see

" I think we're bigger than that!" - indeed the further away the smaller it is - Here I am, large as life - but thin, DON'T think for a second my ego has ANY weight issues

Message 83/163             11-May-03  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

cheddar,
don't liken yourself to me. You're not like me. Sure, it's an easy mark, cuz it's obviously a choice. I cap on people for being religious zealots too. Maybe you need to read the "Anti-religious sons of bitches" thread. If you like me now, you'll LOVE me after that. Are you trying to tell me that I should look up to people who are fat? Am I supposed to just pity them and pooh-pooh them, and just let them be martyrs of some horrible conspiracy to make a few greedy people very rich by convincing others that they should spend money on shit to eat instead for food? Am I supposed to say "Oh dear...your self-image is so low. You poor thing, it's no wonder wittew sawwy tinky winky tender thing can't bring him/herself to get up on that mean old exercise bike. Did that big bad box of chocolates just jump into your lap again?"? Fuck that. You want to just let folks be victims and not give them the respect of treating them as something other than simply a weakling/ignoramus with no choice about how they themselves treat their bodies??

I'm not like that at all with women, so please keep that shit to yourself.

No, your ego definately weighs in.

Ape

Message 84/163             11-May-03  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

"Are you trying to tell me that I should look up to people who are fat?"

I think that simply not hating them upon first sight would be a good first step.

Message 85/163             11-May-03  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

"Are you trying to tell me that I should look up to people who are fat?" No I'm saying it doesn't exist, except in minds bent by Hollywood and recent fashion.

Your junk food argument is good except fatness has been around for ever, in the old days it was a mark of success, an indicator to women of a successful male, and from art up to the 19thC sensuous even, check your totems. As for how you treat your body - isn't it up to the individual, OK corp.inc is interested but so is every resteraunteur and IF it hurts your eyes then maybe you can come off like the fat police, but really there are so many sounds that hurt my ears, so i don't listen

Why bother with this..? Apart from the exersize (my only exertion), it's becuase of your expression of strong emotion (here and more recently elsewhere) - your a smart bloke, seemingly connected, you know well enough that shows you have a problem, all of these words are talking to yourself, thats fine an all but the tones hard and some people are getting hurt - not least yourself - Hate is not a motivator, well not to this liberal anyway. Check out Findlay Quaye - Ride on an turn the people on (Maverick a Strike)"...the higher the more, the stronger the harder, Do you see it?"

And this "...endowment," line you used - who mentioned dick size? I can understand liposuction but that..., something you want to share?

Message 86/163             12-May-03  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

it's impossible to not make a distiction between that which is intelligent and that which is purely intellectual. so often the intellectual can be so brilliant, in a cerebral manner....and yet the heart which also listens> can easily hear the wrongness of what's being suggested.
it don't take a brain to know when something's amiss in the realm of that which is goodness.

Message 87/163             12-May-03  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Psil, I don't wish that all fat people would die or suffer or anything like that, because that would be pretty lame, however, think that by simply ignoring their problem, or coddling them or telling them that it is ok at all supports their choices to be fat in some ways, and by saying that it's not their fault at all is like saying that it wasn't really them sticking that food in their mouths, chewing it and swallowing it.

Cheddar,
Your head-in-the-sand view is somewhere between sorry, and laughable. Your idea that I should share it is even more laughable.

"No I'm saying it doesn't exist, except in minds bent by Hollywood and recent fashion." This is bullshit and you are in denial of a real problem. You are not from the states, and as far as I can tell you don't live here...SO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT JACK SHIT THAT HAPPENS HERE apart form the sorry ass slanted view that the media spoon feeds you?

"Your junk food argument is good except fatness has been around for ever, in the old days it was a mark of success..." These are not the old days, and folks do not need to store their excesses like they used to. People also did not know much about the reality of the strains it puts on so many different parts of the body by being fat in those days.

"As for how you treat your body - isn't it up to the individual....Ok, but corp.inc, and...." No, not corp. Corp.inc will try to influence like anybody trying to take advantage, but in the end they are not holding the fat person down and stuffing their mouths with the shit food.

What makes you think I have a problem except my discomfort and shame that I must endure when travelling outside the country and deal with the image that fat people have been so kind as to win my countrymen?

As for your interest in my endowment, how grade-school. I wouldn't put my thing near your hairy spotty ass anyhow, so what do you care about my endowment? If you're hoping that I'll admit to some kind of shortage, or that I'm jealous of normal guys, your hopes will be dashed. I'm above average, and comfortable with that. I don't have to wave it in peoples' faces, or chide them for things they had no choice in, so why are you trying to do that? I'll tell you simply why. Because you feel like being a fucking asshole too, so now go look in the mirror and be proud of the fact that you just got caught at it. You just had to go for the bait. You didn't ask me about my skin color, or my health, or anything else to do with my birth, just went right for it. tsk tsk tsk. There are others who can attest to me not having a problem in this area. I'm not even going to ask you about any of these things, cuz like I said, they are not things you had a choice about being born into, so why would they be things to judge you by?

Yeah I'm rubbing your face in it. Hope you feel shamed now, and you'll just shut up, but I know your ego won't let you, so what's next?

You or somebody else gonna continue to try to tell me I'm just hateful, and I'm wrong to say that people should be held accountable for their choices? That people that live in places where one can become fat don't have any possibility to learn about fat before they can do anything about it? Gonna try to tell me that being fat isn't a completely reversable process, strictly by acts of will alone?

Ape

Message 88/163             12-May-03  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

Try this one.....

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No one cares any more what you think about this subject, we all know how you feel. So stop waving your "above average" cock around, because you've heard everyone else's opinion as well. You are the one dragging this out further and further.

This subject is closed, and the more assinine opinions you share on this subject, the more you'll be attacked, so just quit while you think you're ahead.

That's MY opinion.

Trills  

Message 89/163             12-May-03  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Trill, are you fat?

Message 90/163             12-May-03  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

whatever the girl's body-style.....ape.....her music and voice is huge!
like i said before....i could never hear it in yours.

it was obvious to me in about 2-minutes...when reading your interview...that mr. superfly was not so fly. even asking you a simple question amounted to you basically avoiding the question and turning it into an attack on my audacity to question thou art holiness. only later did i realize this was your style to many an adherent of their own thoughts.
you're a simple...self-defeating mechanism who's had to come back to dt to solicit opinion....certainly not favor...nor favorable....
and it makes me, again....sad to see you stoop to such unprovoked levels of childishness. and that you would somehow bring this upon yourself...and us with you.

Message 91/163             12-May-03  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

i used to have a wife who'd argue and argue and argue and yell.....aND YELL.....AND yes...YELL some more>

a phenomenon less impressive would be hard to imagine....and yet!?!?!

Message 92/163             12-May-03  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

upright citizen

'frrreee chocolate!'

Message 93/163             12-May-03  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Clay, you know not of which you speak beyond your own narrow view. You have no idea of what I've done, and you have no clues whatsoever beyond sad misunderstanding, misinterpretations, spins, and connotations. In other words, "you're fuckin SOFT!!"

What you and a few like you have are people that post on here, either occasioanlly or regularly reading this stuff who know me, and read the kind of swill you just laid out in your attempt at self-righteousness, and they just shake their heads in amazement at how fucked up you epople get things and twist them. Sure, you choose to see how I come off as being nothing but egotistical, callous, and moreover just abrasive as can be. But you have no idea of the mentality, integrity, experience, or character behind these words, so your pathetic little filter assigns an imagined character, complete with imagined history, manner, and appearance. How can you not find flaw in that, and then the flaw in the thoughts and opinions you try to shove up my ass? Don't even try to shame me off this site. Especially not because of your ignorance. Go shame yourlelf off, you loud mouthed, useless, conclusion-jumping prick. You still have no clue who The Programmers even are, what or who that term refers to, the history involved in it, the people who coined it,or even the origins of what this whole fucking site is about. You come on as of late, and you just talk useless shit, trying to down me. Think about it.

Yeah I'll solicit opinions wherever and however I feel like it. When's the last time you explained anything to anyone, or advised anybody on anything, be it where to look for a some piece of gear, how to set up something, how to accomplish a certain task, what a certain term means, or how it might be applied to what you do or don't already know? I do any and all of those tasks every single fucking day. Sometimes even here. Do you?
Can you show me? I can. All I've seen out of you is talking shit. Not helping out, just talking shit. Before you take another poke at me, you take a good look at yourself, and then maybe you'll have a little more cred, cuz right now, you're shit. I may come off as asshole especially with fuckheads like you talkin your normal line of shit, but I help people out on a daily basis, and not simply for profit or self-aggrandizement, but just to try to make the world a better place for all life later on. It doesn't sound like you do. This is your cue to take flying fuck at the moon.

Ape

PS KNOW the deal before you open your mouth.

Message 94/163             12-May-03  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

btw Clay, I'm not your wife, and I certainly can see why with the way you make assumptions and twist things around, anybody else would choose not to be as well. Did you ever think that maybe you ought to think a bit more, and acknowledge the possibility that there are a lot of things, terms, histories, and ideas that you've made assumptions and definitions for that were incorrect, irrelevant, incomplete, and even ignorant to the point of offense for others?

By the reasoning you have illustrated, and that of some others here, it must be the fault of folks like Upright that people are fat. And what does that have to do with reading my interview, or your fucked up skewed view of me anyhow? Now go get your fuckin shinebox.

Ape

Message 95/163             12-May-03  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

"bullshit" "FUCK" "shit" "hairy spotty ass" "ing asshole" "so what's next?"

"...I'm just hateful"

...later....

"you're in SOFT!!" "swill" "shove up my ass?" "you loud mouthed, useless, conclusion-jumping prick" "you just talk useless shit" "you're shit" "heads like you" "take flying at the moon"

Having problems with powders and injectables?

Message 96/163             12-May-03  @  07:13 AM     Edit: 12-May-03  |  07:27 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

fuck it. lets just see how long this one will go on.

trillium...you made it clear youre overweight, apparently due to a medical condition. those of us who take the time to think about these things realize that it DOES happen, BUT...it truly is the minority. There are plenty of fat people who truly are gluttons, and yes, they are disgusting. Not in their fatness necessarily but in their gluttony. simple.

but...I'll say it again...MY point had NOTHING to do with the kid being fat. He wasnt even that fat! He was a bit clumsy, and got caught in a VERY awkward moment, and was put in the spotlight and made a target for social ridicule, simply for doing what he FELT at the time. Yes...it was painful to watch, as it is a bit pitiful to see someone emulating a gosh-durn lightsaber fight sequence, but then...why is it so much cooler when fuckin Mark Hammill does it or ewen macgregor et al? WHY?

heh. because no one told them YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT. They had the benefit of having a team behind them. trainers, choreographers, maybe even a good childhood. who knows.

most of us have only ourselves. and yes..it really is quite lame to keep blaming, to make excuses for any of it since, due to us being completely alone at the end of it all we really are responsible for ourselves. bad parenting? yes. it fucks with you. no doubt, but your parents arent here now. got picked on in school? OUCH. firsthand experience. but school's over for the most part. sure it keeps going but at some point we gotta say FUCK YOU. I wont let you influence me anymore

unless of course our brains are nearlly destroyed by the trauma. neural pathways forged so strongly only a herculean effort could redirect them. psychopath anyone?

dunno pongoid. you just keep sayin fuck off fuck off fuck off and no one here knows you and you just belittle more and more and more

I know you dont care what people think. why should you? So you wouldnt care that I dont know what to think, only that I know hedz that have met you and rate you highly...

hell...if we took a vote on how many lurkers here would guess that I am a total asshole...Ill bet the votes would be quite harshly against me...

but I dont think Ive ever come off as strongly as you. ever

Message 97/163             12-May-03  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Big Fat Nobody

Steve WAS NOT saying "it's funny BECAUSE he's fat"

In fact the humor has NOTHING to do with the way the
kid LOOKS PHYSICALLY.

Funny or not, up to you, FOR YOU.

I see that a lot of you are saying (consciously or
unconsciously) "i don't care HOW GOOD A POINT any
of you make, i'm not listening because i've established
a viewpoint which is that I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE
WRONG."

Y'all So Stupid.

BTW I'm not fat, but i WAS for a brief period. ICE
CREAM SUNDAES EVERY MEAL ALL SUMMER. Boy
did i feel like shit - no energy, etc.

but damn if you're going to listen to this, eh? must be
my fault YOUR SO STUPID!

Message 98/163             12-May-03  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

I just thought the clip was funny because a fat sweaty spaz was making a cock of himself. If I saw that bloke in the pub I'd buy him a beer.

I have struggled for years to control my weight. I do the gym 3 times a week, I avoid fatty foods, chocolate..etc . in fact all the stuff that tastes gorgeous. I live on salads, seafood and tomatoes. I love food, and love cooking. But I have to avoid cooking so many dishes coz of the fat content. If I feel bloated I panic and stick my fingers down my throat. Have been doing that for years now. Although I'm slowly learning to serve smaller portions to avoid that.

At the weekend I managed to fit into jeans with a 34 inch waist. Havent done that for over 10 years. So its paying off, but its a hard slog. I know I'll never be buff. But its better than looking like an EU Lard mountain. Perhaps its becomming an obsession. I could be the worlds fattest bulimic. I dont mind throwing up. In a sick sort of way I actually enjoy it.

Anyway. Why cant we take the piss out of fat people. Or take the piss out of anyone for that matter. Theres a line that you cant cross, such as taking the piss out of someone that is sexism, racism. Most people are strong enough to deal with jokes being made at their expense.

People take the piss out of me about loads of things. Its funny. I like having the piss taken out of me. Better to have attention, good or bad, rather than no attention at all.

If people cant deal with being a target then I think its them who have the problem.

Message 99/163             12-May-03  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

CHEDDAR

PONGOID THINKS HE'S A GO-od, PONGOID THINKS HE'S A GO-od

Message 100/163             12-May-03  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

i would never suggest that i'm not often a rather offensive individual. i also know how easily offended the squeamish can be......and the fact that a little offense given and taken is sometimes a necessary part of honest discourse. i also try not to make it a totally constant, ongoing part of my "act"....part of my nature...part of who i am and what i'll be remembered as. i'm just saying that there's other parts to you> ape.. but you seem most contented displaying the one we already know all-too-well. in so repeating the same performance over and over....our interest becomes diminished.
whatever presumptions i've made in the past, i've eagerly tried to overcome and yet you keep reinforcing my old first-impressions of you.
that's just my being honest with you.

Message 101/163             12-May-03  @  03:02 PM     Edit: 12-May-03  |  03:26 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

Ape, I never understood why you take debates so personally. If everyone had to know your entire past, personally and intimately, before responding to your comments, then online debate would never happen. All we can reply to is what we see here. And all that is here are simply ideas, not people.

"misunderstanding, misinterpretations, spins, and connotations".... you say this in your reply to nearly every post. If EVERYone is misunderstanding you, then you are misrepresenting yourself, plain and simple.

Do you read your posts? Do you ever read them, trying to imagine that you're someone else looking in from "the outside"? Do you realize these posts are all most people have to form an opinion about you?

What do YOU think they're going to believe about Ape? Is that the true you?

Message 102/163             12-May-03  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

I have spent some time reading through Apes posts, to try and give him the time and respect that anyone deserves. To see if he is getting an unfair time of it all.

but in all honesty, Ape. You do seem like a bit of a twat. Come join me in twat corner. its fun.

Message 103/163             12-May-03  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

nah Jock. one twat like you is plenty 

and dude...size 34 jeans is NOT big for a grown man! I fuckin wear a 36 (they hang a bit)

Message 104/163             12-May-03  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

don't get me started on pant sizes. Try finding 30x34. They don't hardly fuckin' make em.

I wanted to replace all my khakis with those dockers stain guard joints. No such luck. They don't MAKE em in my size. Now how's that for discrimination?

And swim shorts? My god, the length decreases exponentially with the waist, so by the time I find something that I don't have to cinch around my waist like a potato sack, I'm left with a little square of a bathing suit that looks like something from a 50's gym class video.

BULLSHIT!

psy

Message 105/163             12-May-03  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

isn't that where we came in...

Message 106/163             12-May-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

A Silver Bully Sheild

Pongoid is mean.

Message 107/163             12-May-03  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Filthy McNasty

Jock, I wouldn't be making yourself sick mate. You need that acid and byle in your stomach to help break down food. If you keep making yourself heave but carry on eating then you are going to put on weight because you have no natural stomach juice to break it down and digest with. D'you know what I'm saying?

1. Eat

2. Make yourself sick

3. Have no acid/byle to breakdown food

4. Feel fat

5. Eat

and so the vicious cycle continues. However, I really respect your openess and honesty.

Message 108/163             12-May-03  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

if only more people were aware of the virtue of self-defeating mechanisms.

Message 109/163             12-May-03  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

yeah jock that pukin thing aint good for your teeth either

oh wait, you're a brit. nevermind

Message 110/163             12-May-03  @  10:04 PM     Edit: 12-May-03  |  10:09 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"Most people are strong enough to deal with jokes being made at their expense."

Actually Jock, when its adults making the jokes, children usually aren't. People talk about how cruel children can be but a good many adults are way more cruel than children because adults are the ones supposed to set an example to be followed. Where does that put you?

Message 111/163             13-May-03  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

GPC

Man it's amazing that little clip turned into a debate about fat people.

I laughed at it because it's like when your a kid and see rocky or karate kid you get up and start kicking the shit out of the sofa or your mate. Eye of the tiger still makes me wanna run up a hundred steps lol (and yes top gun made my wanna be a pilot)

But this argument about people not gettin off their arses and doing something about it is a bit sick.

I have an overweight friend who trains like riding mountain bikes, running, swimming, watching his diet etc.. but he still cannot get under 18 stone. But hes still cool as , funny, gets laid often and its because he is happy the way he is, it shows and people love him.

But he isnt fat because he eats to much it is down to his somatotype.

There are three basic somatotypes which the majority of people fall into. Ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph (some people fall in between like an endoecto etc..)

Ectomorphs are skinny usually tallish with long legs and arms and have smaller bones and a fast metabolism. usualy they really struggle to but on weight because fat distributes all over their body.

Mesomorphs are the in between that can put on weight and take it off quite easily, these are usually the gifted ones when it comes to body building because they are the ones that can get that lean muscle easily.

Then theres the endomorph like my friend who is heavy boned has a slow metabolism and really struggles to get wieght off but put can pile it on fast if not careful. Fat on endomorphs tends to gather around the abdomen and endo women usually have big hips and breasts.

If any of you do any body building you should really look into this beacuse I train a little and really struggle to grow in size but just keep getting stronger (which can be funny cause I have been called a skinny twat by some of the bigger blokes and then shown them up bench pressing).

But it is upto people how they live thier own lives if they are happy being big, skinny whatever it usually shows, like the kid in the video he wasnt just sat eating a cake watching telly he was enjoying himself making a video probably with some friends and they laughed about together afterwards.

Ian

Message 112/163             13-May-03  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

Dammit Psy, You ECTOMORPH!!!!!!

:P

Trills

Message 113/163             13-May-03  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

it's nice to come home and not have to argue.

Message 114/163             13-May-03  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

"I laughed at it because it's like when your a kid and see rocky or karate kid you get up and start kicking the shit out of the sofa or your mate. Eye of the tiger still makes me wanna run up a hundred steps lol (and yes top gun made my wanna be a pilot) "

fuckin good one. maybe we're too serious sometimes too 

there's definitely both sides to it

Message 115/163             13-May-03  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Jock, I've been holdin court in the twats corner for a while. Happy to join ya! I'll tip a couple pints with ya anytime. Even a couple fingers of Scotch if you're feelin it. Nothin blended though. I'm gonna take a guess you know of a couple good distilleries and the numbers of the good casks. ;-)

'I'm gonna be the bastard AGAIN,..." That was the first line I opened with in this thread. Now the reason why things keep being repeated is that they obviously do not sink in.

Big fat, you made a choice and changed how you were. Hat's off to you.

Yeah debate is pointless. No sense in trying to argue logic against emotion. It's like trying to debate the validity of religion with a zealot. The zealot can never have the honesty to look at the possiblity of error in his religion, so he has to just try to discredit the person debating against him cuz he really has no argument. Classic scenario. If you can't argue the evidence, discredit the one presenting the argument and its presentation.

1) Hey that's shit on your shoe.

2) Dude, you're fucked up for saying that.

1) No, really it stinks. Go on, take a look, that's shit on your shoe.

2) You are such an asshole.

3) Yeah 1 you are a total dink. I heard what you said to XYZ, and I think you are an asshole too.

1) But can't you smell that? Are you saying that it's not really dogshit, or that it can't be rubbed off? 2, why don't you go wipe that shit off of your shoes and stop stinking up the joint?

3) I'm so tired of you 1. You're such a dink. You're just trying to be an asshole.

1) No, I just don't like the smell or the tracks on the rug.

2) Can't you shut up already? It's not the my shoe's fault for finding it. Also, that could be that rare flavor of innuit fudge, that's like totally rare and is made in some secret way...

1) 2, it's shit. It smells like shit, and you can wipe it off. You don't need to get therapy or some special wax to pollish your shoe soles, just go out and wipe it off!

3) You are such an asshole!! Tell me about your pee-pee!

1) Leave my pee-pee alone. 3, you are the one who's being an asshole here. I'm just saying that that is shit on that shoe and it can and should be rubbed off. It's offensive to everybody else at the dinner party. It's not my house, but it's lame to bring that shit in here, and even more lame to act like it's not there or not shit.

2) No it's not!!

3) It's not his fault he couldn't see it in the middle of the walkway, he was lookin at his watch, trying to keep up with the time!!! You're an asshole 1!!!

1) You mean he didn't know what a dog is or know that that is hit, or that he stepped in it?

3) You're such an asshole!! You're so immature!! You're so selfish.

4) 1, you used to be less of an asshole. Yeah maybe it's shit, maybe it stinks, or maybe it's some ectoplasm from another dimension, or it could be that eskimo fudge. I stepped in shit and wiped it off, but it might be super rare eskimo fudge shoes that somebody can't take off that sometimes makes that smell.

5) Hey I have that eskimo fudge! I don't like your pee-pee, and you talk to much!!! You're an asshole, 1.

1) 5, do you stink too? 2, is that shit STILL on your shoe?

2) I didn't step in it. A poodle must have come up, and wiped it's ass on me!!! It's not my fault! I need somebody else to wipe it off!!!

3) 1, you're such an asshole.

1) The shit still stinks, no matter how much of an asshole I am.....

This is not a perfect illustration, but I think you can get the picture. You think I enjoy any of this? You know what? Fuck it. Go ahead and love fat people. Coddle them and be enablers for them. Keep tham fat. In fact I've wasted too much time on a lot of you assholes already. Besides none of you need help. You already know all of it, so why should I care or bother?

Ape

Message 116/163             13-May-03  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Hey Pongoid, this is totaly aside, I shut up when you made your "You're small too" comment.

But, Why do you feel the need to help and fix everything? That last statement that you made (I loved the sh+t analogy) comes off like you are here to help and we're too stupid too take our medicine. Is that how you see it? Again, comes off... it's become clear that your intentions are not evident in your posts... At least that's what I've garnered about your posts in the last coupl'a weeks.

e

Message 117/163             13-May-03  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Garuna

The stinky analogy is a fallacy, Ape. If Shit on shoe=being fat. No one is denying that fat people exist. It's the reason behind that's up for discussion. And there are pro's and con's for the argument that people can control their weight. There is no one truth that everone has to understand.

Debate.... dialogue.... you listen to other people's opinion and think it over. Then you present a different view and they listen. All based on reasoning and facts. Then you agree or agree to disagree and part ways as equals. Or hangout have a beer and talk.... well shit. Try it, Ape. It's fun.

Back to the clip. I agree with GPC. It's laughing at all the times we are awkward or did someting stupid. Only we get to see someone else do it. I laughed my ass off.

Message 118/163             13-May-03  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

k

what about us xenomorph's ?

Message 119/163             13-May-03  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

Youre a shapeshifter ? I saw that on Startrek once. Cool.

Message 120/163             13-May-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

i'm going back to sleep dear.

Message 121/163             13-May-03  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

dubmunkey

i love the way he keeps having to take a breather between 'scenes'- anyone seen the modified complete with light sabre noises?

greg

Message 122/163             13-May-03  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

pict

I'm a phonomorph.

Any of you remember Tony Hart's Morph from Vision on.

Message 123/163             13-May-03  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

get back in your box

Message 124/163             13-May-03  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

Yeah, and his mate Chaz. Tony Hart was a bit of a kiddy fiddler wasnt he ? Whatever happened to Mr Bennett, the comedy caretaker bloke who used to pop up on Take Hart. Then during the end programmes they had birds helping Tony out as well, one of them was worth chucking one up. In fact I think my first proper tug was over one of those doris' from Take Hart.

Message 125/163             13-May-03  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

"The zealot can never have the honesty to look at the possiblity of error in his religion, so he has to just try to discredit the person debating against him cuz he really has no argument."

LOL! Ok, I'm not gonna say anything here... should be self-evident.

Message 126/163             13-May-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Who of you thinks I'm not listening or paying attention?

E, to answer your question about why, the answer is this: You can make things better or you can make things worse. Everybody has a limited time here as things stand. Some people can go to sleep happy while the world goes to shit around them. Or perhaps they just wallow in the depression of feeling helpless to change things. Some actually enjoy the feeling of power that comes with the creation of misery in others. Others just don't fucking care about anything or anybody beyond their own wants. I am NONE of those. I want to be able to sleep comfortably someday, knowing that I've done at least the part that nearly every single human being has the capacity for making things just a little less fucked up on this planet for ALL life, not just humanity, not just everything outside of it, but all of it. And it's not everything that I can or want to fix, because I know I can't. But there are some things I can certainly help with, and so can any of you. It starts with honesty. Honesty is sometimes very brutal and painful. Hamanity has gotten very comfortable with being lied to. It's gotten very comfortable with denying problems, or shifting the blame so that because it's somebody else's fault, the problem doesn't really exist, it's just sort of in that quasi-existence mode of 'somebody else's fault'. That answer your question, E?

G, You part ways as having accomplished nothing, and wasted more of the limited precious time you have. The beer part doesn't sound so bad, cuz at least that MIGHT be enjoyable.

This isn't nearly the same kind of problem in the rest of the world. Fat in this country is a condition caused for most be the poor choices that greedy people influence the masses to make, and then perpetuate by its acceptance as a normal condition. It's not normal. It's not cool. If you can't do anything about it, then I hope you make the best of it, but if that's really the case and there's NOTHING you can do about, then you are a rare bird indeed, maybe oxygenarian. If it's just a case of unwilling to go through the sacrifices of your current comfort level, then that's another thing entirely.

In other parts of the world, even in this country people are STARVING. Starving. Got it? Not eating like shit because they are manipulated into bad choices, or ignorant. Not having problems with predispositions to metabolic anomolies that make one feel hungry all the time. Not having any choice at all, because they have NOTHING to eat. Not poor quality food, but NO food. Have any of you ever gone for two days without eating (not drug induced)? Meditative fasts, or simply food shortage, either way, have you ever felt what it's like for your own body to be digesting itself because you have nothing you can put into it? Lots of people go through that here without a choice. Meanwhile loads more choose to be fat. They choose to get fat while others starve. I listened to others views, and because I know this and have seen it and lived it, I think some others' views are skewed and fucked up. Most of you will never know starvation. I already have. Be thankful.

Ape

Message 127/163             13-May-03  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

i attest that bobby mcferrin is an illuminati agent.

Message 128/163             13-May-03  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

"Most of you will never know starvation. I already have. Be thankful."

dammit Pongoid. you just keep goin, dont you?

so..why were you starving?

Message 129/163             13-May-03  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

I should'nt have to say this again....but.......

Ape,

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No one cares any more what you think about this subject, WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. You are the one dragging this out further and further.

This subject is closed, and the more assinine opinions you share on this subject, the more you'll be attacked, so just quit while you think you're ahead.

That's MY opinion......IT HASN'T CHANGED.

Trills

Message 130/163             13-May-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Right, Ape... thanks for clarifying, understanding your motivation makes it easier to see your point.

I starved! A lot! Was a street kid in the 80's. Went a coupl'a days without food all the time when I couldn't panhandle enough to feed both me and my girlfriend. Not sure how it relates to people starving though... They were starving when I was starving too. I never begrudged fat people when I was hungry... mostly because I understood that my situation was of my making.

Now, I fast every 3 months, for 5 days!

But what does the fact that I've (or anyone) gone hungry have to do with fat people, starving people or kids who get picked on by grown-ups for being f+ck-ups?

By this logic (unless I've stupidly made an assumption of the point) I could say to you, that you aren't suffering enough because children get set on fire in wars everyday! You should be set on fire too... or at least you should WILLFULLY give up any comforts in your life and live the bare minimum of survival, because they are in pain and you experience pleasure... I just think that's a bit twisted.

e

Message 131/163             13-May-03  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

"mostly because I understood that my situation was of my making."

FUCKING BING

OF YOUR DOING.

Pongoid?

Message 132/163             14-May-03  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

pict

I have experienced many extremely bad things in my life from first consciousness onwards inlcuding malnutrition.I've observed during my life that jamming any given interpretation of the truth down someones neck rarely gets the desired results,I'm very sceptical of the self proclaimed enlightened.If someone is fat due to simple gluttony being confronted with that basic fact is likely to make them defensive of their choice.It's far better to lead them to discover that truth for themselves by gentle example.Persuasion is better than force.

Message 133/163             14-May-03  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

looks like I'm not the only one who keeps going on.....

Sure, of your own making because you didn't steal from or victimize others. How much of a choice is that?

Get it straight: I don't hate fat people, and I don't wish ill upon them, like that they should be punished in some way for being fat. I hate their being fat, and I REALLY hate the way so many people deny it, or displace the responsibilities.

Have any of you ever ridden for hours and hours and hundreds of miles on end on a greyhound bus next to a person who is so fat that they don't fit into their seat properly, and are leaning their fat up against you no matter how you try to move? How about an airplane? That shit is fucked up, and it's others having to accomodate selfish choices. It's not just the individual's having to bear the burden of the weight but others as well, and that is just completely unfair, discourteous, and inconsiderate, above and beyond unhealthy.

Now, you want I should just keep my mouth shut, and be happy and let that shit keep goin on ignored so the problems keep growing like they have to the point where the fuckin AMA is calling it a national epidemic? Like it's all some sort of disease? Some biological affliction? Bullshit.

Stop lyin to yourselves and each other about this. It's a problem that people can fix. It's not like it's cancer, or some kind of virus or genetic defect that doesn't exist in other parts of the world or some shit. The exceptions only support the rule.

Ape

Message 134/163             14-May-03  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

yeah, pict, but that's not right. perhaps every human being needs to become a 'programmer' before we can move onto the stage where we can exchange information at face value w/o having to disguise it and sweeten it.

being fat is about overconsumption. overconsumption is about, well, western social formatting.

no one's going to shut up until no one needs to raise their voice.

death to the controllers!

Message 135/163             14-May-03  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Yonce N Mild

how fat is fat ? Thats one of the major problems here, just because you arn't a freaking beanpole like most of the people on tv/movies dosn't mean your fat. what I think it is pitiful how some people seem to dedicate their lives to staying in shape just to look the way people on tv look. Nothing wrong with being healthy and training for sports or for fun but who fucking cares what other people think. I think thats just as sad as spending 75 bucks on a shirt just for the little logo on the pocket. It is also pitiful to sit around in front of the tv till you are so fucking fat that you can hardly function day to day. I grew up similar to influx I was a fat little geeky kid that constantly got picked on and beat up then when I hit about 16 I grew to about 6ft. I completely enjoyed tormenting all of the assholes that used to pick on me. I'm still a bigger guy (6ft2 220) but I am healthy I get to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and I mostly eat healthy.But I don't do it to look good or to not be fat I do it to keep my heart healthy and to feel better and have more energy (same reason I gave up smokes and hard drugs). I'll probably never lose the gut but as far as I'm concerned There are much more important things in life to pursue than the perfect body. If anyone wants to lecture or riddicule me for being overweight I am a big enough man mentally to let it roll off and I am a big enough man physically to bring some pain to anyone who wants to cross the line from joking to insulting.

Message 136/163             14-May-03  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Yonce N Mild

And by the way I don't think the first video was funny I felt horrible for that kid almost sick to my stomach. The edited version is funny though even though I feel like an asshole for laughing it is funny.

Message 137/163             14-May-03  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

having a gut or slight love handles is not "fat" pure and simple

Message 138/163             14-May-03  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

yonce

I agree but it seems alot of people don't the image portrayed in the media also says otherwise

Message 139/163             14-May-03  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

well the media can go screw themselves.

altho...the WORST part about it all is the FASHION side

especially when physically...unappealing people...females....wear those damn LOW CUT JEANS and then HALF SHIRTS?!?!?!?!

I mean wtf! no one should be MEAN to you about being overweight but...ya ought not be flappin it around, either. just looks WRONG, ladies

oh...theres only what...3 girls here? guess Im talkin to an empty room

Message 140/163             22-May-03  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

http://waxy.org/random/html/star_wars_kid/

http://waxy.org/random/html/star_wars_kid/

it turns out he's from québec, and people raised 4000 US$ for him. sweet

influx wrote: "having a gut or slight love handles is not "fat" pure and simple "

makes my day  

Message 141/163             22-May-03  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

sounds like he's taking it well. good for him.

Message 142/163             23-May-03  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

sox

http://www.bubblegoose.com/VideoArchive/videos/lightsaberxmas.mpg

Check this link another Star Wars video goodie..

sox

Message 143/163             23-May-03  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Maarten

heh.. for $4000 I would do some freaky shit on the web  

Message 144/163             23-May-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Maarten

lol @ sox's link.. heh

Message 145/163             23-May-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

dubmunkey

take one canadian kid waving a mop, add some sweeping generalisations from Ape and Jock, have many others take the bait and what do you have?

the longest and most pointless thread in dancetech......

greg (yawn)

Message 146/163             23-May-03  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Maarten

nope greg, that winner is located in the music tracks forum...

Message 147/163             23-May-03  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

dubmunkey

LOL Maarten, i think i can guess...

Greg

Message 148/163             23-May-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

I think it's fuggin' hilarious that there's a handful of people who feel the need to show up at the end of each LONG ASSED thread and pull a superiority trip like that.

If you don't like it don't read it, eh?

Dancetech is full of bullsh+t. Also full of REAL quality. Kinda like everything (except commercial, porno-pop music... which has no intrinsic value whatsoever-hehehe)

just let it be...

e

Message 149/163             23-May-03  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

yeah...how does it come across to post "you guys are stupid for posting in this thread"

?

Message 150/163             24-May-03  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

mcc>

yeah...pretty dumb really....it's not like we were
trying to compare michael jackson and prince
or something super-intelligent like that. i was
asked to not be born on the stupid ball but god
said go......now go on get outta here. i think
"the stupid threads" kinda define us.....and of
course those who're willing to tell us how
dumb we are.
we'd be lost without you.

Message 151/163             24-May-03  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

jehovah-1 is not "god!"

does anyone else here know how powerful synthedit is becoming? new step-modulatable oscillators (pads forever, ooh...) a planetary harmonics oscillator (k?) feedback, fuck you guys. i made a piano.

Message 152/163             24-May-03  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

GPC

I thought it was ok to talk about stupid shit in the lounge
people are always talking about stupid mindless nonsense in my lounge  

Ian

Message 153/163             25-May-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

mcc

it's never okay .
but sometimes it's great.

Message 154/163             25-May-03  @  12:53 PM     Edit: 25-May-03  |  01:36 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

I just got turned on to SynthEdit. Its a bit of a pain having to rearrange things in "panel edit". I got a really nice pulse mod thingy going with lots of modules (well lots for my first go round), then I go to panel edit and there are all my modules, about 20 of 'em, stacked on top of each other. There must be a better way. Of course RTFM might help, I only read a few bits.
Anyway, I sorted it out and uploaded it to DT. In the end its pretty basic but it was a good exercise; I have a new found respect for people who have to make choices regarding synth design and architecture.

Am I wrong to see it as a poor man's "Reactor"? What are the differences?

Message 155/163             25-May-03  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Zazza

Personally I like to categorise people in a way that will feed my insecurities...

Message 156/163             25-May-03  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

d

yo, e, this thread isn't yet long enough for me to smugly note that I haven't posted in it :P

oops

Message 157/163             25-May-03  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

d

btw, synthedit forum, mick  

Message 158/163             25-May-03  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

d

look, I can be like mcc and not put all my thoughts in one

Message 159/163             25-May-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

d

Message 160/163             25-May-03  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

difference is, synthedit is a synergetic exercise.. first of it's kind in this respect. i suggest subscribing to the list.. you're guaranteed at least 50 emails from me every day :p but if you don't you miss out on a lot of the goodies, ie. custom modules that people create (not 'ensembles,' but .seps that do things the included modules don't.)

and you can't give away reaktor for free :p

Message 161/163             27-May-03  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

dubmunkey

erreta, if thats aimed at me, you missed the point- i didn't show up at the end, i contributed when the thread was funny, perhaps read from the beginning....

Greg

Message 162/163             27-May-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Zazza

[image file]

heh

Message 163/163             27-May-03  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

k

[image file]

test

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 163 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)