aaa vsti mixer channel limit - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: vsti mixer channel limit

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-May-03  @  02:08 AM   -   vsti mixer channel limit

chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

so there is a limit to how many vsti channels show up in the mixer and i found it?

was running halion, ppg and some others and when i loaded up lm4 i got this message: not enough mixer channels...hmmm. so do i start bouncing to audio?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             08-May-03  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: vsti mixer channel limit

influx

Link?: Link

are you talking about in VST or SX?

cuz in VST you have to set the number of channels in the preferences, and odds are you have them set lower than what you need. Not sure why you have to predefine them, but you do..so go find that setting and youll be sorted I bet

Message 3/6             08-May-03  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: vsti mixer channel limit

chroma

vst 5...no thats not it, whatever number of channels i set it to, i still get that message.."no more mixer channels" try loading a lot of multi out vsti, youll see...you can still hear them but they dont appear in the mixer...not sure what the limit is...16 combined channels or something...

also 8 is the max number of vstis i can load...

Message 4/6             08-May-03  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: vsti mixer channel limit

Stefan

The 8 VSTi limit in Cubase 5 is a fact. SX can afaik load 32 oder 64 VSTi.
I don't notice the other problem you mention on my system. I don't get a message like that even if I load every VSTi slot with the LM4 M2, that uses 6 stereo and 6 mono channels per instance, together 96 vsti channels.

Message 5/6             09-May-03  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: vsti mixer channel limit

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

do you ave rewire channels enabled as well? i know
that reason used to default to 64 and would cause
problems.

Message 6/6             10-May-03  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: vsti mixer channel limit

chroma

yup thats it horizens...forgot about that cubase rewire fix that reason installs in the start menu cause i always delete shortcuts there...sorted, tanks!

btw ableton was using up a several channels too, the number can be set in an options file

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)