aaa AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             13-May-03  @  09:24 PM   -   AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM

happs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

It is a driver issue. This is what I see in Device Manager:

Under "Other Audio Devices" (yellow question marks)
?|__Mutimedia Audio Controller
?|__Mutimedia Controller

Both subfolder "General" tabs:
"The drivers for this device are not installed"
Both subfolder "Driver" tabs:
"Unknown"
"Not available"
"Not abailable"
"Not digitally signed"
Both subfolder "Resource" tabs" (under "Resource Settings")
"This device isn't using and resouces because there is a problem."

So, I reboot. XP finds new hardware of above, OK. Then, when it looks for the drivers, I am prompted to go onto the internet to look for them. So I go back to "Browse" for myself. I had extracted the files from your website to a "DRIVERS" subfolder in the Windows directory, and run the uninstall. So I tell it to look in that directory, DOES NOT FIND THE DRIVERS, finish.

Are there some files I am missing other than the ones I have already downloaded from privious instructions? It can't find them on the CD that came with the card either. What gives? Why does Windows create 3 devices in Device Manager for one soundcard?

Again, as I said before, The "Sounds" Folder sees the first
"M-Audio Controller". I can hear what is coming from my computer AND also what is routed through my mixer. I can see it all on the meters in M-Audio Control Panel applet and system tray icon.

I just can't RECORD ANYTHING to software! DOH

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             22-May-03  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM

k

um - this is a bit confused, but i'd say, get rid of all the devices... 'remove' them all - back to zilch

then, make sure no on-board audio is enabled (on motherboard)

then make sure you have XP drivers and start again - but reboot first after dleting all erroneous card listings in SYSTEM with NO Card installed - boot her up empty first... then power down and add card... boot and try again.

i thought midiman had sorted XP drivers ok?

Message 3/4             22-May-03  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM

k

oh, and the fact they are not digitaly 'signed' is irrelevent - i dont think any pro or semi-pro cards are signed - never saw one anyways so far but never had a problem because of that.

Message 4/4             27-May-03  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: AUDIOPHILE 2496 AUDIO APP PROBLEM

happ_E99

Got it to work. Thanks.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)