aaa Filthy's new CPU problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Filthy's new CPU problem

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             14-May-03  @  10:12 AM   -   Filthy's new CPU problem

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Gents, I've hit a brick wall. Just as I thought there could be no more problems with my studio setup.

I installed this VI onto my computer last night and now I've got a major problem. I opened an arrangement of Logic 5.5 and had just one of these new VI's going on track one with just a one shot drum sample running. The CPU system performance bar hardly registers when I select a preset on this new VI. However, when I tweak a paramenter on it (eg the amp release) the CPU bar in Logic goes through the roof and the PC really slows down. Take the VI off the track and reselect it and then load a preset and its fine again until I tweak a paramenter. This doesn't happen on any of my other VI as they hardly register on the CPU no matter what I do to them. Any ideas?

My set up is:-

Logic 5.5 on a PC Pen 4, 1500 mhz, 1.50 Ghz with 512 of RAM all under Windows XP.

Thanks alot.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             14-May-03  @  11:18 AM     Edit: 14-May-03  |  11:19 AM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

milan

Link?: Link

whats a VI? you mean VSTi? that looks like an instrument problem and not a logic problem. which instrument is it?

Message 3/8             14-May-03  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

Filthy McNasty

He,he,he. Sorry Milan I thought VI meant virtual instument. Its FM7. The manaual said that the makers are aware of a problem in windows installation and said to copy the install folder to the desktop and install from there NOT from the CD rom. I wonder if the problems there?

Message 4/8             14-May-03  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

milan

Link?: Link

no idea. why dont you try it? i know that FM7 is a cpu hog anyway...

Message 5/8             14-May-03  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

k

where you install from is irrelevent to this issue - it's just faster to install from a h/d that a cdrom

Message 6/8             14-May-03  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

Filthy McNasty

Oh cool, ta K! Milan I know FM7 is s'possed to be a CPU hog but not with just one FM7 playing and nothing else. I mean that shouldn't max out the CPU meter surely?

Message 7/8             14-May-03  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

lsw

ahhhh i see your problem....your using a PC teehee! (sorry
couldnt help it)

Message 8/8             14-May-03  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Filthy's new CPU problem

Florburnr

VI ? why are you using a text editor in Logic, no wonder you have problems!

Anyway check you have the latest version of FM7. The newest one resolves alot of automation issues with logic, maybe it'll help with your issue as well.

Flor.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)