aaa Pay attention we're everywhere - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Pay attention we're everywhere

Viewing all 70 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/70             20-May-03  @  12:32 AM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  12:34 AM   -   Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

That's my bike (what's left of it) wedged so tight beneath that truck that when he pulled back into his lane he dragged my bike with him. This is what happens when a driver doesn't pay attention. I was no more than 30 feet in front of him when he proceeded to make a left hand turn across my lane. My bike is a total loss because someone wasn't keeping their eyes on the road. I limped away from it with a few injuries (so far) and hopefully only a week or so layed up but it could have been different in so many ways. Pay attention folks because motorcyclists are everywhere and, for the motorcyclist, there is no such thing as a minor accident.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/70             20-May-03  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

File?:  No file

did you punch the fuckhead in the fucking JAW?

instead of suing I would petition the court to pull his license as he has proven without question that he is unsafe and doesnt deserve a license.

that said, the only times I ever wrecked or got close to wreckin on 2 wheels it was my fault! odd

Message 3/70             20-May-03  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

oh and, glad youre ok, mang. shoulda said that first

Message 4/70             20-May-03  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

Link?:  No link

Your lucky that's the extent of the damage... It's not a matter of if but when, eh?

I always assume they are TRYING to kill me when I'm on a bike!!! Sometimes that's not enough...

Sorry to see your bike down like that. Hope you're as well as you appear. Was he insured?

e

Message 5/70             20-May-03  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

wow, that oil slick scared the shit outta me 'till i realized what it was. Glad you're all in one piece and still able to type... very important ;)

Did you happen to have your digicam with you or what? what's that rectangular impression from?

Message 6/70             20-May-03  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Once I was up, walking around, pissed about my bike being totalled the wank started asking me for my insurance info. I told him to back off, you have no idea how much I wanted to break him in half.

Its a fact that if you ride you will, sooner or later, fall. I ride whenever I get the chance and that only increases the odds. The truck is owned by a large waste managment company so they have insurance.

I always have my cheapie digital camara in my pack. The rectangle, if its the one I think you're talking about, is where the oil pooled before the truck moved and dragged the bike.

The doc gave me pain killers so I'm out of it but I think I'm okay so far. I'll go back in a couple of days for a final verdict. I'm just really angry about losing that bike. I took my first cross country trip on it as well as other memorable road trips, over 40,000 miles. All becuase some ignorant shit didn't think he needed to give all his attention to driving. I can only hope he gets sacked.

Message 7/70             20-May-03  @  04:20 AM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  04:21 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

It's a bike. Fuck it. Good memories (due to the fact that your head still works properly) are all you should need to remain happy at this point, eh?   That and the insurance money for a new ride and new memories...

What exactly did you hurt, if you don't mind me asking?

Message 8/70             20-May-03  @  04:43 AM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  04:59 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Its all soft tissue damage - internal (strains & sprains of ligaments & muscles) & external (road rash, cuts): both knees, right wrist & hand, left wrist & elbow. The right knee is what the doc is concerned about, its about the size of a football. This is the result of an accident at the speed of about 25 MPH. All in all I'm very fortunate, at this point it looks like the only lasting damage will be a few scars but I'll have to wait till friday to know for sure.

As far as the bike goes you're right, better to be wanting for my bike than my arm, or leg, or spine.

"...a new ride and new memories..."

Words of wisdom both literally and figuratively

Message 9/70             20-May-03  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

[image file]

Glad you're (relatively) okay Mick

What type of bike was it?

Btw, if you roll out again, think about some mesh gear from Joe Rocket...it'll spare the road rash.

I've traded ivory keys in for bike keys, oh boy...

Message 10/70             20-May-03  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

heh. yeah! get one of those so you can be goin ONETWENTYFIVE instead of 25 

GTs back. sup holmes

Message 11/70             20-May-03  @  07:18 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

Sup 'flux. I'm doin my 12hr@work, thought I'd check out deetee.

125 is just routine ;) (top speed is a seemingly slow 168mph)

I loved makin' breaks, but it's too @#$^ing much sitting for hour on end.

Bikes get me outside, and heh heh, at my age I'm trying to enjoy cos the bio-clock IS ticking ;)

Message 12/70             20-May-03  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mega Hurtz

2 wheels ain't natural.

Message 13/70             20-May-03  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

You haven't wheelie'd then ;)

Message 14/70             20-May-03  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

Glad you're ok mate, but you have to get used to it I suppose... I lost count of the number of times etc... never really recovered from the last incident where a London Bus decided to drive on the wrong side of the road straight at me, heh  

Then, to add insult to injury, while the bike was sitting outside the house waiting to be fixed some bastard stole it! -   *sob* - worse, it was very rare, only 100 I think ever imported into the UK

Message 15/70             20-May-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

dubmunkey

have to agree Mick, my dad nearly got taken out a couple of years ago due to some stoopid bint just pulling out of a junction in front of him....

i get hit on my bike all the time (lucky its only a push-bike, but can still be serious) in fact only this morning some old cow and her kids practically ran me off the road......

greg(who is getting spiked shoes today)

Message 16/70             20-May-03  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Jock Munro

People who dont concentrate when driving need to be shot. Fucking bastards.

Message 17/70             20-May-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

knowa

Link?:  Link

glad you're ok mick. cars are awful in so many ways. be careful.

Message 18/70             20-May-03  @  07:26 PM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  07:29 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

[image file]

now THAT is a bike!! - 1970, and it'll piss all over that R1 'hoover' thing above  

strokers rule!- the noise! - the smell... nothing on this planet sounds as good as a triple

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 19/70             20-May-03  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

xoxos

someone pulled into me once, i parked my maxim in the street in front of them and proceeded to throw roundhouses (that's what you call big punches?) into the side of their giant biker-killin truck. i scared the fuck out of them  

i'm really glad they backed up and drove off quickly cos it wasn't doing me any good at all no no!

Message 20/70             20-May-03  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

Not that I advocate this sort of behavior,

But I used to ride with a bunch of guys who carried a pocketfull of ball beariings in their jackets for idiots on the highway!

Not pleasant having an 80 MPH steely come crashing into your windshield... or having your rear-view kicked off at the next stop light, "since they don't use it anyway!!!"

e

Message 21/70             20-May-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

a little bit o' street justice never hurt anyone

LOL, HARD, at xoxos!

I was once on the back of a vespa...lady pulled out in front of us...

stopped at a light right next to her, and my homey who was drivin us punched her passenger window out and then said some super calm, clever thing along the lines of "you might want to consider taking some driving lessons as you almost killed me and my passenger here"

fucking hilarious. poor lady was crying tho. I doubt she realized what she had done

Message 22/70             20-May-03  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

VERY nice k. luv that. kawi triple...jeez, had no idea...looks like japanese mfg were still looking at the UK for engine ideas at the time...norton/bsa, triumph etc

hahaha...can't see influx) "riding bitch" lol esp' on a vespa

Message 23/70             20-May-03  @  08:56 PM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  08:57 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

[image file]

oh yeah - beautiful!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/70             20-May-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

"hahaha...can't see influx) "riding bitch" lol esp' on a vespa"

yeah. I know..sounded funny when I posted it too...

heh. yup. used to cruise around with homey on that thing all the time! I was smaller then but not much 

Message 25/70             20-May-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

mind you - the downside .... 20 m.p.g roughly I used to get on my 400, if you went on a run you had to stop and fill up at every bloody petrol station just incase  

the upside?... a loverly summer day... you pull up alongside some guy's cabriolet with the top down or a bimma or gti whatever with the wqindows down, and give his girl a few smiles in the passenger seat... he gets raggy and starts to rev his engine... then the lights change and you do a Looooonnnnnnng clutch-slipping red-line pull-away leaving him coughing in a cloud of luverly blue 2-stroke smoke - heh heh *chuckle*

Mine was stock, with expansions - I had a dial-guage and used to set the ignition every week and do a de-coke & reset every fortnight (takes about 2 hours inc' engine removal & refit) and it could easily keep up with a gsx1100 up to 80-90 mph no sweat.

Message 26/70             20-May-03  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

only two fender-bender accidents in my life (car not bike, but still funny, both of em)

One was on my way to driver's ed. Yes, until recently, it could correctly be stated that if I had never taken driver's ed, I'd have a perfect driving record. Until...

More recently I was on my way to get weed. You see, I generally try to never run out of weed. And I'm pretty much always high, so when I'm driving, I'm high. This may piss some of you off, but oh well. The fact of the matter is, the FIRST time I drive sober (on my way to get high) in many years, I get in a fender bender (partly my fault). Luckily dude had no insurance, so he handled things himself. My car was fine. Anyway...

I only get in accidents if irony is involved.

psy

Message 27/70             20-May-03  @  11:57 PM     Edit: 21-May-03  |  12:08 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

BluStudio

I used to ride trail/dirt bikes from about the age of 6 or 7 till i was about 16 - was absolutely fearless doing stupid crazy things, flying jumps all sorts of shit i cant believe i did, came of all the time and just dusted myself down and jumped back on the fuckers. All the confidence in the world

Then when i was 16 i got a shiny(dont laugh now!) Suzuki TS50 trail/road bike and as stated above, eventually had a collision and came off the fucker at only 25-30 mph. Theres something COMPLETELY different about coming off a dirtbike and crashing on the road. Ive never even SAT on a bike since (25 now), dont think i could.

They say pee into the wind n all that but i dunno, that pic looks pretty full on - Glad your ok Mick, and when you get back on mebbe get a bright yellow bodysuit!  .

SpinbacK

Message 28/70             21-May-03  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

I used to know a guy back east who insisted he was a better driver stoned than sober.

Not sure if it's smart, or cool... but who am I to argue, HE WAS a better driver stoned than sober!!!

Spare helmets are useful for the particularly dense motorist who insists on the random lane change!

e

Message 29/70             21-May-03  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Garuna

Aww man GT... You could at least have had DT in the backgound..

Message 30/70             21-May-03  @  05:33 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

that pic was for http://www.r1-forum.com though a while back

Message 31/70             21-May-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

dubmunkey

more bloody road rage this morning!! some old giffer had pulled up so close to the kerb i hit his wingmirror, he then tryed to have a go at me....suffice to say i might start using the middle of the road rather than the edge....less dangerous...

Greg

Message 32/70             21-May-03  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

sox

They did a 3 year study in France with dope and driving. Their results suggest that dope makes you a better driver. More cautious about the road, less in a hurry. Makes sense to me.
I drive stoned as well all the time and I definitely drive more cautiously than I do when straight.

sox

Message 33/70             21-May-03  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Maarten

err.. no way, well- this doesn't apply to me though. What does def. apply to me is the fact that my brain is calm yet very active after other types drugs have worn out and I'm driving home in the early morning. Heck, I sometimes even take the longer route listening to the music & smoking a cigg really enjoy driving then... and I can hounestly say I'm a much better driver at those times than when having a full night-out sober.

Message 34/70             21-May-03  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

i had to delete the lids pic cos it was fcking up the thread width -dont you have a graphic's prog to resize pic's ?

Message 35/70             21-May-03  @  01:22 PM     Edit: 21-May-03  |  01:46 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

heh check it out! - the awesome power of the kwak triple!! - that's on a STANDARD 750 crank!, but with a locking clutch - those kwaks are fucking bulletproof evil bastards

kwak bike run in the 7's ('98)

(2mb)

Message 36/70             21-May-03  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

milan

hwy kilo, what kinda screen res are you running? i take that majority of users are way past the 800x600 limit. that pic looked just fine on my 1280x1024 res.

just a thought...

Message 37/70             21-May-03  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

card drivers man - I was in covent garden one day, waiting at a junction, (you know who small the roads are in CGarden, narrow little streets) and this twat tries to pull alongside me to the 'Give-Way' line rather than wait 6 ft behind me until I pull out, and as he pulls alongside, he runs over my FOOT! - His Jag front wheel comes to rest on my right foot... I'm like "yeeeaaaaarggghh!!!!"... so a pummelled his bonnet repeatedly & caved it in with my fist... heh heh - That HAD to hurt!

Then of course you have the dreaded VOLVO driver - as the old biker joke goes - "Volvo are changing their name to VULVA, cos only cunt's drive 'em!"

Message 38/70             21-May-03  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

like most people mate I'm on 1024 x 768.

Message 39/70             21-May-03  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

[image file]

nice lump!

Message 40/70             21-May-03  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

99devils

I can never own a bike. I will die if I do.

-Craig

Message 41/70             21-May-03  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

xoxos

fair enough..

as far as i'm concerned, it's just pretty evil to say "i'm here and i want to get there as fast as possible" without taking responsibility for everything you put your 'foot' on inbetween the two.

i can't wait to give up bike riding, stupid humans growing food THOUSANDS of miles away from their home... what the fuck are you thinking, people? "how to make life really suck?"

Message 42/70             21-May-03  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

sox

[image file]

Who says you have to go fast? I'd rather go in comfort....

sox

Message 43/70             22-May-03  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

get a winnebago

Wow, just look at that place. Much nicer than my apartment and probably a lot faster too. But really they're just homes for wasteful, fickle people.

psy

Message 44/70             22-May-03  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

chedar

2 wheel fools

168 mph 4 wheels loosing it to side winds, 3 lanes in no time at all

infran view is a cool rent free gig

Message 45/70             22-May-03  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

ah... but a winnebago fitted out as a mobile studio! - now THAT'd be nice!

Message 46/70             22-May-03  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

[image file]

test pic...

ever ride in the country with mates?

this box keeps you in touch, fits on the lid and you can listen to mp3's etc

Message 47/70             22-May-03  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

does it properly size jpegs? ;)

Message 48/70             22-May-03  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

Had a friend a few years back, travelled all over north america in a beautiful Airstream playing at parties and festivals... had a full on kit in that thing and solar energy!

Brilliant...

e

Message 49/70             22-May-03  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

psy, that's 1024/768 innit as k required

Message 50/70             22-May-03  @  04:15 AM     Edit: 22-May-03  |  06:48 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Nice bike K. Those old two strokes kicked butt.
I remember this kid in high school who had a Kawi Daytona 400 that dusted everything. Cats would come from all over South Dade county looking for
this guy to race him.

I think I'm going to look for an older BMW K
series for my next bike.

Message 51/70             22-May-03  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

Hey the DT logo is still formatted for 800. Don't be a 17"+ snob... it's not the DT way!  

Message 52/70             23-May-03  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

er.. GT - are taking the fucking piss or what? - I already had to remove one pic cos it was too big or didn't you notice that.

Look... SOME of you might have whacking great screens, but MOST people dont and big images like that just push the screen over meaning you have to scroll left-right to READ the text

Message 53/70             23-May-03  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

besides, if you're on a bike you shouldn't hear shit anyways except for the engine, that's how you judge your redline when riding - or do you like to keep looking at your tacho when zipping between traffic at 100mph?

Message 54/70             23-May-03  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

I'm on a true 17" flat screen with 1280x1024 and I have to scroll over now 'cause of that pic... it's a nifty pic, but annoying results...

I'm with K

e

Message 55/70             24-May-03  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

don't mean to call you a liar, e, but you are not at 1280x1024 if you have to scroll for that picture. If so, something's wrong. It's only a bit over 8- or 900 pixels wide innit?

psy

Message 56/70             24-May-03  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

"zipping between traffic at 100mph"

Heh heh, motorcyclists have a name for those riders.

Message 57/70             24-May-03  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

do tell, for us 4-wheel losers. We call them "dickheads".

Message 58/70             24-May-03  @  04:45 AM     Edit: 24-May-03  |  05:11 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Squids.

I also like, "statistic".

Its the difference between riding with no
regard for your own safety or the safety

of others by riding outside of your abilities
and riding with a full understanding of
the risks, calculated and otherwise, and
accepting responsibility for yor actions.

I have broken the rules in the past with
full undrestanding of the potential
consequences. The difference is understanding
that what you're doing increases the

risk to yourself and accepting
responsibility
for the outcome of your
actions. Putting innocent others at risk
because of one's riding is never
acceptable.

Squids usually don't live long, a few years
after they buy their fist bike they end up
in a casket.

Message 59/70             24-May-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

k, you had me laughing my arse off! lol...but no, no piss taking on that, just a detail shot  . na k, that HJC Chatter box does audio well, I can hear that very well.

sorry guys, but i right clicked the pic and it said 1024/768. Do they still use less than a 19" monitor these days? *chuckle*

Actually, I'm VERY bored of street riding. We only wheelie on rural roads. Taking it to the track after I drop some stones.

Squid = no protective gear.

Message 60/70             24-May-03  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

K

Well Christ on a bike, I'm not blind, do I really need to be able to read the frikkin fine-print on the box!

as for zipping around traffic at high speed camera's have put paid to that almost... i don't consider it dangerous myself, you make sure you pass between cars where it is impossible for them to pull across you because the adjascent lane is blocked by another car or line of cars... if you have to pass a car which COULD suddenly start to pull across to the next lane, you give it a wider berth - ah, I used to love going up/down park lane at 100mph in the old days heh heh

ironicaly, i never had crashes accept at lower speeds, like under 60mph.... but then, thank god, I never had a chain snap on me at high speed etc. If I had another kwak triple I'd definately put the lump in a better frame/forks and actual brakes that worked! - lol!

Message 61/70             24-May-03  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

xoxos

"oh, you mean that device is exactly that shape and colour??"

couldn't have just told us about it, had to put up a big "who's the richest man in the world?" "well it's me, isn't it?" picture.

you might have a porsche, but i'm faster.

Message 62/70             24-May-03  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

hey!... around town a f*ckin pushbike's faster than a porche!  

Message 63/70             27-May-03  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

leave it to xoxos for the digs

not rich here, i've eaten processed cheese amid roaches most of my life.

it's all a grand illusion thanks to Fuji camera's.

Message 64/70             27-May-03  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

xoxos

then why the hell do you want to post a fuckin huge inconsiderate, uninformative and thus totally worthless picture that takes ten minutes to download? because you're a thoughtless twat, is that it?

Message 65/70             27-May-03  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

influx

old "beef" dies slow, eh?

Message 66/70             27-May-03  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

hey, i'm on broadband, and i still think that picture's too big  

Message 67/70             27-May-03  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

old "beef" dies slow, eh?

lol  

Message 68/70             27-May-03  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

There are many decafienated brands that are just as tasty.

Message 69/70             27-May-03  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

brad

[image file]

I like the picture. I think you're all a bunch of thoughtless
decafinated old beef twats.

that's called taking the piss right? ;-)

Message 70/70             27-May-03  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GrooveMonkey

Dan... some fine bikes on show!

Always wanted one, but never got around to it, so I got tattooed instead! I figure a safer option!

Viewing all 70 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 70 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)