aaa No Wonder The Sea Is Salty......... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             21-May-03  @  09:47 AM   -   No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Mega Hurtz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

cough.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             21-May-03  @  09:47 AM   -   No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Mega Hurtz

File?:  [image]

[image file]

cough.

Message 3/24             21-May-03  @  01:34 PM     Edit: 21-May-03  |  01:34 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

k

Link?: Link

Blimey! - Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water! heh heh

talk about Moby Dick!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/24             21-May-03  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

psylichon

i heard some statistic at some point on the percentage of ocean water that is, by volume, actually semen.

can't remember any numbers, but would you really want me to??

psy

Message 5/24             22-May-03  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

k

hang on tho - what sorta fish is that - surely it's a catfish, and er... they dont live in the sea as far as i know. fake?

Message 6/24             22-May-03  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

psylichon

Um... do catfish really get that big? Crap, I woulda bet it was a whale of some sort.

Message 7/24             22-May-03  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

psylichon

oh, and i LOVE the guy leaning over to get a better look at it. I mean really, I can see it from here! Your interest in that scares me, sir.

Message 8/24             22-May-03  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Influx

catfish?!?!?!?

its a blue whale. somehow that pic makes me sad. what are they doing to it?

Message 9/24             22-May-03  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Pongoid

It's a whale shark. Notice the gills just in front of the fin, and the squared off snout and eyes almost at the edge of the mouth as well as the markings on the skin/scales. Frankly I don't think that's its plonker, cuz as far as I know, sharks don't really do that sort of thing. The females lay eggs, and the males give them a spray, and then they're on their way.

Kinda sad, cuz the big fish, and the whales are getting mighty rare these days. As far as I know there are less than three hundred blue whales left on the planet, and some fuckers are still out hunting them.

Ape

Message 10/24             22-May-03  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

GT

Being Norwegian, I tried whale at a restaurant in Oslo...worse than shark, but a slight bit better than an Essex girl.

Message 11/24             22-May-03  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

sox

Link?:  Link

That is his johnson. Sharks do it like mammals(just like on the Discovery Channel..lol)

sox

Message 12/24             22-May-03  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Influx

whale shark, eh?

my bad

Message 13/24             22-May-03  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Jock Munro

aye, thats a whale shark alright. Did anyone ever see the photo of a diver swimming along, completely oblivious to a whale shark swimming behind him feeding ? facking brilliant photo. Wish I could find it on the net somewhere.

Message 14/24             22-May-03  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Broken Silence

heh in jackass when they stuffed their undies with shrimp and went into a pool of whalesharks...

traumatizing

Message 15/24             22-May-03  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Maarten

Too bad whalesharks travel alone BS... ;)

Message 16/24             22-May-03  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Mega Hurtz

Yea but whale sharks aren't harmful to humans. They are filter feeders and have no teeth.

Message 17/24             22-May-03  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Influx

surprise surprise!

we have a load of marine biologists onboard!

Message 18/24             22-May-03  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

psylichon

I was waiting for the photoshop dorks to debunk this one.

Message 19/24             22-May-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

xoxos

looks a bit circumcised?

yeah, sad. a last, futile erection in the face of imminent doom. i guess it'd be funny if you didn't know that that's what happens.

Message 20/24             22-May-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Pongoid

Sox, indeed you are right. I guess this was only discovered in 1995. I studied sharks before that, so may data is a bit antiquated. Neat creatures. Apparently a female whale shark is capable of gestating over 300 pups all born alive. Amazing. Well I guess that takes a little work to make a litter like that. Glad I always spit when it comes to sea-water.

Ape

Message 21/24             22-May-03  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Influx

maybe theyre not killing it, just moving it

Message 22/24             22-May-03  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

sox

Yeah, I used to study them quite intensely. After Jaws came out I went a bit shark reading mad. Every book I could get my hands on I read. The best ones were from a guy called Rodney (can't remember his last name-he's very famous)He'd survived a shark attack and the book had pictures of him with this huge half-moon of flesh missing from his side and the healed up scars afterwards.
He was (at that time) the world's most informed person on shark behaviour. Still can't believe he went and learned all the shit after he got bitten.

sox

Message 23/24             22-May-03  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

cheddar

K. I think the world has been shopped

Message 24/24             22-May-03  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: No Wonder The Sea Is Salty.........

Pongoid

Yeah, wasn't he bit just off of Point Reyes or something? It's kinda odd. The Great White attack capital of the world is just a few miles north of SF. Studying it, it makes sense, but still seems kinda odd, especially after Jaws was some Martha's Vinyard thing.

I grew up just across the Sound from Martha's Vinyard, and I never once saw a Carcharinus Carcharius there, but did see a Mako once, and various others...dogfish, maybe a hammerhead (not sure), etc.. Talk about scary shit! Sharks scare the fuck out of me, but they also fascinate. I guess they scare me cuz I know what they do: They swim fast and they EAT. Some won't eat humans, but others do not care, it's all flesh to them. Hell in a frenzy they even eat each other sometimes. Rare, but it happens.

Ape

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)