aaa adat i/o 16 channels on what card? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             22-May-03  @  02:07 AM   -   adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Godemp

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

What sound card has 2x8 channels ADAT i/o? As in 1-8 in, 1-8 out, 9-16 in, 9-16 out. And only this. Does anyone make a card that only interfaces with ADAT?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             22-May-03  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

k

Link?:  No link

rme for one

Message 3/9             22-May-03  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Godemp

Excellent. The DIGI9636 is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Message 4/9             22-May-03  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

99devils

RME, Frontier Audio, and the MOTU 2408 are all options.

-Craig

Message 5/9             23-May-03  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Godemp

The MOTU 2408 is way too much, and I just wanted a PCI card. The RME Project Hammerfall (DIGI9652) is exactly what I wanted. I found the MOTU stuff while looking before I posted and (a little under) a grand is a little much, $399 is much more reasonable.

I looked for the Frontier Designs stuff, and found the Dakota, it's a little more expensive ($419.00), but a bit more expandable then the RME (like the Sierra 8x8 midi expansion i/o box), so I may get that instead. Must do a bit more research first...

Message 6/9             23-May-03  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Stvy

Hi,

Just want to say that I've had the Hammerfall 9636 for a couple of years now. I've never ever had a glitch with it. Also I just discovered today a recent driver update allows multiclient ASIO!!! As well as the mulitclient MME DirectX that you can normally get...

For me this is a big plus I've just been runing logic and recycle together with different outputs in selected. This is awesome....

Might have to see if I can get hold of the expansion to bring the 9636 upto the 9652 spec!

Cheers

Stvy

Message 7/9             23-May-03  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

99devils

Got my 2496 for $600 at Sweetwater (2408 mk II).

Message 8/9             24-May-03  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

d

yeah, stvy, it's just a matter of the daughtercard, innit?

Message 9/9             24-May-03  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: adat i/o 16 channels on what card?

Stvy

Hi,

d - I think you get a daughter card and a new ERPOM which turns it into a 9652.

Am gonna get it when I get me new 01v96 (once the price comes down a bit in a few months) 3xADATs should be sweet..

Cheers

Stvy

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)