aaa Build a Music PC - XP2000 - super-cheap!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Build a Music PC - XP2000 - super-cheap!!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             29-May-03  @  04:53 AM   -   Build a Music PC - XP2000 - super-cheap!!

afriadi_s

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what speakers do you use for this PC ? this is the same PC which mine. what do you think about 'Altec Lansing'? i take the XP1600+ what about it? do you think it's enough if we use the onboard sound card? why don't you get a new addon sound card? if I want to make a dj music, what software should I use better? I am very interesting about it, but i'm new, now I trying The FruityLoops program. I thing this is preety good. can you tell me some other programs for newbee? thank's

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             29-May-03  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: Build a Music PC - XP2000 - super-cheap!!

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

We don't use computer speakers... the soundcard we fitted is wired into a proper monitor system with an amp and decent nearfeild monitors.

On a budget you can use your hi-fi - Wire your soundcard Output to your Hi-Fi AUX input.

If you use a hi-fi for monitoring on a budget just always make sure that before you start to mix, you first switch OFF any 'special' eq settings - Alot of modern hi-fi amps have switches to select various enhanced EQ curves which might be titled something like 'Rock', 'Dance' or 'Club' or 'Classical' etc - Also make sure your Bass & Treble controls are set to 12 o'clock , and any 'Loudness' or 'bass-boost' switch is NOT switched on.

Fruityloops is very good, a good soundcard would be for example the Hoontech DSP24/96 MKII or the Hoontech DSP24/96 Value

If you use the On-board soundcard, it WILL work ok, BUt you will get a latency of 750ms which is standard for windows MME drivers - This means that you will not be able to play any of fruity synths or any VSTi's in realtime from a controller keyboard.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)