aaa sUPER-CHEAP MUSIC pc!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sUPER-CHEAP MUSIC pc!!

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             01-Jun-03  @  07:19 PM     Edit: 01-Jun-03  |  07:20 PM   -   RE: sUPER-CHEAP MUSIC pc!!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

was 'down the fair' this weekedn and checked out prices for super-cheap build.... bloody-hell it's very cheap npw to get a nice machine for dance making & also for doing songwriting production with audio tracks and midi softsynth backing.

check it out - A DURON 1300 board & processor/cooler bundle... cheapest board has onboard graphic's, with PLENTY enuff power to run any music s/w screen tasks... it has onboard sound which you can disable of course, it has only 2 PCI slots and a short nic card slot and a AGP slot (4x AGP)

Ok this is not going to be a blockbuster gaming machine, but for music on a budget this would be 100% fine as you'd only need a decent cheap ASIO soundcard to be fitted so 2 PCI slots would be fine.

1/2gb of 2700 ddr ram and a 40gb ata133 7200 rpm drive added to the bundle comes to ... £169 quid!!

cool BIG case with top 'grab-handle' for carrying around and nice design £29 quid... Lite-ON CDRW burner £39.00 (works fine with Wavelab 3 & 4 cos I've built a system with a Lite-on already before and it works 100% FINE)

mouse & keyboard - £5.00 each

ok so for the PC it's:

£169.00 for Duron 1300, m'board, cooler, 40gb drive (ata133/7200rpm) & a nice 1/2 gigabyte of fast ddr2700 ram.

£29.00 for case

£39.99 for CDRW

£10 for mouse & keys

Total: Just under £250 quid WITH Cd burner!

Add a good cheap ASIO card like a Hoontech DSP24/96 for about £90 quid and you are rocking and rolling for less than £350 quid all brand new - Just add screen of your choice... Flat 15" now are 200 quid for the cheapest or get a nice 17" CRT flat for about £110 quid or cheaper for a non-flat CRT 17" or of course on a total budget, use a cheap 15" CRT... or use your old screen from your tired old P3 or P2 or whatever...

Now newbies might think that a Duron 1300 hasn't enuff grunt - BOLLOX! - for dance or RnB/garage with vocals or decent songwriting duties to create cool s/w drum backing plus some synth pads, piano's etc, and record some tracks of vocals & guitars, add fx etc & mix & burn your demo's, (or even masters), it's perfectly adequate! - anyways, it was only like another 30 quid to go for a Athlon 2ghz bundle!

I build a test Duron 700 some time ago which I gave to my kid, his studio is well famous in his manor and him and his crew just did their first album on it which is going to pressing soon - it works fine running VST5 & REASON rewired together, and he add's vocals & backing vocals to all their garage & rnb tracks... it works great!

For his box I added a midiman audiophile & midiman Audio-Buddy pre-amp and a decent cheap large diaphragm condenser mic and a cheap Yamaha DX9 master keyboard from loot for £60 quid which is used to play all the Reason synths & drums & VSTi's in realtime - he works at 5ms latency with both VST5 and Reason in action.

That is all on a Duron 700, with only 128mb of pc133 ram! - This budget price system above now gives you a 1300 duron and 1/2gb of ddr ram!... so it'll do the job NO problems!

So there ya go... get to it newbies! - a quality machine for the same price as a decent cheap fx unit!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)