aaa Other peoples' theories - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Other peoples' theories

Viewing all 122 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message 1/122             03-Jun-03  @  03:38 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:07 AM   -   Other peoples' theories

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

poof

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/122             03-Jun-03  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Was she hot?

Message 3/122             03-Jun-03  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

Link?:  No link

siddartha is still my favorite book to recommend to people as a "must-read". perhaps my favorite book...period. it's funny....since then i've read less and less too.....and find it more difficult to feel entertained or enriched by even very good books.
no more televison either...radio....yeah life> it's okay to live it and not always watch it....talking about it...and thinking that somehow constitutes actually doing it.
then again i used to be a janitor, too.
funny, too.....i used to dream of cleaning this one huge white house where a powerful man lived....
the world's poor and hungry and so-alive clamoring up the back walls...playing...shouting...
having a good time. sometimes.

Message 4/122             03-Jun-03  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

Unless you've learned to REALLY live it! 100%... all the time, you'd better watch it... and think about it.

e

Message 5/122             04-Jun-03  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

okay okay...got it....point made e!!!
i think it's wrong to put younger folks down for watching GOOD movies and reading GOOD books because this is how we ALL learn SOME of what life is about.
i wish as many people had read siddartha as the bible.
i wish as many people watched do the right thing or JFK as american idol.
i wish......hmmmm.....yeah well!!!....brother can you spare me a dime>?
i been living life watching tv (fat shows) and wanting this (fat gear) and dissin that (all that poo cracker jack sell-out shite) but i don't go out and work or do SHIT but i do dream and dis-shit and dream and dis!!!!
and man i KNOW a LOT!

but boy i got dreams and my dream right now is for some sweet red wine a liitle herb and a mercedes benz and a tight chick next to me....yeah...you know what i mean.
i just be chillin and watching tv and smoking some dank and shit. you chill too man. my advice.

Message 6/122             04-Jun-03  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

nicely put MCC...

I've never heard of a book simply called Sidhartha... I assume it's a bio type of thing! who wrote it? etc...

e

Message 7/122             04-Jun-03  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

cheddar

except...

Everybody who drives a mercedes is a ganster

I know it, you know it, people who buy mercedes know it.

Everybody who drives a mercedes is a ganster

Message 8/122             04-Jun-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

E...youve never heard of it? hell even I have...forgot the authors name, but its a "fictional biography" of gotama buddha...

argh what was his name. too lazy to go look right now.

M...Ive met a couple like that...few and far between tho

Message 9/122             04-Jun-03  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Hermann Hesse. Great book. People who read it and like it are generally really cool people  

Message 10/122             04-Jun-03  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Message 11/122             04-Jun-03  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

the book is a sort of adult aesop's fable about a young man's road to accepting simple truth in life.
it reads almost like a child's book. and like
the little prince
or tom sawyer.....it contains a ton of simple wisdom.
it's a short read and so any potential disappointment can be offset by the fact that it didn't take a chunk of your life to read it.
i've seen this book change people....who needed it.
and yet it is a quiet change. a good change....
and still something we all carry within us already.

Message 12/122             04-Jun-03  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

cheddar

"one of us....one of us"

Naw, I recommend Rudyard Kiplings 'Kim', maybee a british thing (pukka pies) but fine characters, story and message

Message 13/122             04-Jun-03  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

'..as your leader..'

i saw a mercedes 'family wagon' today.

Message 14/122             04-Jun-03  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

so I read Psy's link...

Is it about Gautama the Buddha? Not sure, it says Siddhartha questioned even the teachings of Gautama. Now, Gautama Buddha's full name was Siddhartha Gautama! So what's up here? If the protagonist in the story is not the Gautama Buddha, then Ol' Hesse picked an unfortunate first name for his hero...

Bah! I guess I better read it, eh?

e

Message 15/122             05-Jun-03  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

for me....it's always been pure allegory.
and perfectly so, too.

Message 16/122             06-Jun-03  @  01:00 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:09 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof again

Message 17/122             06-Jun-03  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc~

perfect!
this book never comes at any time but the perfect time.
it is timeless. and it is.

of all the books i've read it is the one i'd most want to hear parts of before i went.....that and the captain's>
universe according to geoffrey brown...FULL BLAST!!!
no sadness here.
except for those who can but won't see.

Message 18/122             06-Jun-03  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc~

it's really about the river....the flow.
you can pretend you are larger than....
i can pretend that i am larger than>
herman hesse could've pretended HE was LARGER than~

Message 19/122             06-Jun-03  @  05:19 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

d

hmmm, hesse. had a philosophy-major college roomie who was a hesse fanatic.

there's also steppenwolf. not the book, the band. something to do with motorcycles, I do believe. and zen. wait, no, that's another book.

mick, checked out some jonathan carroll on your tip. tanks, bro.

Message 20/122             08-Jun-03  @  07:51 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

and again

Message 21/122             10-Jun-03  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

d

first, Land of Laughs, then Wooden Sea. guy spins a good yarn. turns out Carroll taught high school at a private school near the block from where I went at the time, so Land of Laughs (his first) has a bunch of little StL and MO references in it.

Message 22/122             10-Jun-03  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

d

"up the block." if I signed in I could edit shit. and say the word

Message 23/122             12-Jun-03  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Zazza

I read steppenwolf whilst tripping out and listening to tchaikovsky in about 6 hours flat...

no idea what the book was about, but seem to remember the cover was very colourful...

Message 24/122             12-Jun-03  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Zazza

can we have the 'Im more spiritual and evolved than you' argument now please?

I'm so humble I sometimes let other people get thoughts in edgeways.

I had a revelation, and then it was all clear...

I saw this movie and it really spoke to me y'know

Message 25/122             12-Jun-03  @  09:29 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:12 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

and yet again

Message 26/122             12-Jun-03  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mindspawn

I am not "spiritual" at all, if that makes you feel better Zazza. Just cells and shit... When I die the afterlife will be rot and decay...=) No evolution here...

Message 27/122             12-Jun-03  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Trillium

I agree with that guy.

Message 28/122             13-Jun-03  @  07:57 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:13 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poofy poof poof

Message 29/122             13-Jun-03  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

and someone didn't plant that seed with that intention? and you know all about energy transubstantiation. what i want to know is why you're clueless about the beforelife.

yeah, yeah, these types of vacillous assertions are the perils of attempting to communicate a perspective, if people just spent more time listening.. and i mean just listening

Message 30/122             13-Jun-03  @  05:43 PM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:14 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poofycalafragalistic

Message 31/122             13-Jun-03  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

All that's important, Mick... but your true wisdom is in that tree. Very nice.

psy

Message 32/122             13-Jun-03  @  06:14 PM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:15 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poofialidocious

Message 33/122             13-Jun-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

There's no wisdom in having buttons to push. I think xoxos may be on to something with the "intent" thing about the tree. It does matter, but not much! Delivery is everything...

Oh Zazaa, why the downer, out of nowhere... it's just a discussion about a book. Do we have to have a competition, or even be accused of such?

I read the book this week.

thanks for suggesting it guys.

e

Message 34/122             13-Jun-03  @  07:13 PM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

POOOOOOOOOOOF!

Message 35/122             14-Jun-03  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc

now back to the river~

Message 36/122             14-Jun-03  @  05:19 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

puff...

Message 37/122             14-Jun-03  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Hah! I was thinking Billy Joel. Equally bad, imo

Message 38/122             14-Jun-03  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

ooh god thank you for not electrocuting my wanger 24/7 shlurp shlurp what a big one you have oh lord, no, let me swallow

all about shifting attention levels, bad cop, good cop, bad life, good life, same difference.. talk about yer minute attention span. i mean the BEFORE LIFE not some wanky xian aphorism of 'afterlife' in the xian thug gang.. 'ah ahm sayuvd bah the grayuss of jeyzus, mah nigga, we be da baddist'

revolting

and you testify.. license agreement, mr. mickey mouse.. "i believe in the almighty grace of god who needs me to SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT - SEE HIS MAJESTY NOW"

oh yeah, that's faith

let me hear you say: i love life! ees beeg one, ooh oh, i take eet ALL

ya zero, thug of assfuckers, love your job, love it! provide the medium for exploitation! keep all those zero$ in line

and, oh please, immediately react with anger when anyone suggests you do different!

Message 39/122             14-Jun-03  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc

obviously fixated.

Message 40/122             15-Jun-03  @  04:03 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:18 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Poof.

Message 41/122             15-Jun-03  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Mick is too nice.

Very few understand you, x. Blame us if you want.

Message 42/122             15-Jun-03  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

get some perspective, psy. it's clear as bell. oh yeah, i forgot - you're psy, clown-prince of pawns.

Message 43/122             15-Jun-03  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

I periodically find myself utterly exhausted by xoxos and his unwarranted attacks on EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

my man...YOU are the one who got yourself so far into CREDIT DEBT, right?

now how is that not playing the game? encouraging the "programmers" by going along with their programming?

I have to admit sometimes you come off as wise, but my man...most of the time you just come off ass a blanket statement, shit sprayin, bitter, obtuse overwrought asshole.

you attack almost EVERYONE. To you, everyone is a pawn, and they should be burned at the stake for not displaying the WISDOM that you so frequently attempt to make it clear that YOU possess.

get off your ing high horse, man. Quit thinking youre the only one that has had bad experiences, who is disillusioned and fed up with the current order of things.

are you DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT? ANything except bitching all the time and accusing everybody of being pieces of shit while you somehow remain elevated?

as far as I can tell, no. You seem to have succumbed to the resentment and instead of being active about it you just fling shit at anyone and everyone, without provocation or justification

fine and dandy fella, and I know you and I have had some good conversations but I cant f-ing stand seeing you lash out so indiscriminately.

Message 44/122             16-Jun-03  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Influx

that said coming from an ally, of course. felt odd sayin friend since we never met in person.

but youre calling RHYZE a follower, and Psylichon, too, man and those are two people that IMO simply ARENT

next thing youre gonna pop that on mindspawn for chrissakes!

Message 45/122             16-Jun-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

i just call 'em as i see 'em, guv'nor.

i can see defending mick out of sympathy.. hard knocks tho that don't set you straight, but psylichon.. an overture of robotism nonetheless.

but it's cool that you can hang with him

Message 46/122             16-Jun-03  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

hehehe...

I sometimes wonder if...

ah, Fack it!

e

Message 47/122             16-Jun-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

hah! this is good stuff...

Message 48/122             17-Jun-03  @  01:20 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:19 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Poofadelic

Message 49/122             17-Jun-03  @  02:52 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:21 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Poofilicious

Message 50/122             17-Jun-03  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

beds

we all moan about our lot sometimes.

who's round is it?

Message 51/122             17-Jun-03  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

first off, very funny that you should measure success by being acknowledged by others.. four star hotels? no thanks, i think i'd piss myself of excitement, mick!

sympathy.. well, i can't suss any other explanation why anyone would wish to assert that you've cogitative autonomy. why don't you go ask jesus to help you understand my posts.

such wonderful enduring tolerance for ignorance. i'd call it a dead giveaway, but well, psy wouldn't understand.

Message 52/122             17-Jun-03  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Maarten

"why don't you go ask jesus to help you understand my posts."

My God, how's that like to think soooo highly of yourself. Must be way kewl mon. You rool, you do.

Message 53/122             17-Jun-03  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

ooooh, it really burns you when someone calls you obtuse, dunnit? I understand you, xoxos (well, most of it), I just don't understand why...

From great contributor and friend of the community to bitter old grunt.... congratulations! By all means, keep telling ME how to be.

Maybe I'll just go read a book of other people's ideas and try to find enlightenment that way, because with my easy life and lemming-like brain, there's no way I'll ever understand any other way.

Stick to the synths, my friend, because your preaching has really gone downhill lately.

Message 54/122             17-Jun-03  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

should I have said..what was that other word?

uh...the one we talked about

anyway...xoxos...Ive lost faith, man. Dunno where your anger at everyone comes from but maybe you should look IN instead of OUT so much

Message 55/122             17-Jun-03  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

cheddar

ohh you saucy sailors of self, visiting shores of sanity, wait a while while the turmoil, casts love down slay thee

Message 56/122             17-Jun-03  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

well to be honest i was calculating that the people i was speaking to had a better grasp. i'm not really surprised at the reaction.. a little disappointed at your poor sportsmanship.. but it seems that those who have spoken are committed for life.

well make records for food then.. but don't be surprised if everything tastes a bit plasticy in your latter years. at least you'll have your 'good friends' to share the experience with.

there's no safety in numbers, only dull, dull cancer.

Message 57/122             17-Jun-03  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

argh you so lost me.

make records for food? that would suck cuz I dont make any money 

Message 58/122             17-Jun-03  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

ditto. I've never made shit off my music. prolly never will unless I ever get organized. Is that what this is all about?

Message 59/122             17-Jun-03  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

well youre a fkin robot anyway, so why should we...wait..uh...

Message 60/122             17-Jun-03  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Yonce N Mild

mmmmmmmmmmm Vinyl sandwich !!!

Message 61/122             17-Jun-03  @  11:30 PM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:22 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Poof Daddy-O

Message 62/122             18-Jun-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

pict

Tell that to the Elf hunters in Iceland.

Message 63/122             18-Jun-03  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

A little disapointed? LOL... that's great. I do not think you ARE surprised, nor disappointed. Your comments are often filled with fire and brimstone, doomsayer and hopefull evolver wrapped up in one.

Come on guys, in one breath you say you have him figured out... in the next you say he makes no sense.

I admit, I have to think a bit when I read xoxos posts, but they're not so cryptic as all that! Whether you agree with the point, or the man making it, it isn't soooo hard to make out!

I have been known to post like a bastard, and to respond to bastards as well... but no matter the level of vitriol, there's always a bit of comedy in reading xoxos that lightens the bullsh+t. Lately, it's a high and mighty delivery that looks down from an Ivory Tower, moreso than in the past... We've seen a few of us DT regulars slide that way lately... maybe it's the wars, the alignment of the stars, a sense of helplessness in the face os so much that we disagree with! I dunno... but hey, I can say:

Chill the F+ck out, a bit!

No matter who you are, getting pissed at everything isn't WHAT you are?

e

Message 64/122             18-Jun-03  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

Jesus, i just read that!

I sound like a fuggin' hippie... just ignore me!!!

e

Message 65/122             18-Jun-03  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

fuggin hippie

Message 66/122             18-Jun-03  @  01:29 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:23 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Poofdiddydingadong gone

Message 67/122             18-Jun-03  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

hey, i'm just trying to figure out why I suck so much.

Message 68/122             18-Jun-03  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

spinback

E speaks the truth- it is funny how some peeps have gotten a bit harsh recently, no names but if you type in the search box and read some of there posts from a year or two back they seem like COMPLETELY different peeps. Not claiming to 'know' anybody from this site, and I reckon yer all cool in yer own special ways anyhow.

spinback

Message 69/122             18-Jun-03  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

aah, but you have to read mick and influx's 'provocative' rebuttals between the lines as well, and when you do that, it gets a bit scary, goes back to the wozzups with clay.

love-crafting.. *sigh*.. it always starts with discovery of some stagnant vector of humanity, grovelling before the elder gods or evolving into horrid loathsome fish-men, and it always ends in gibbering madness, words powerlessly.. trailing.. down the page.. no.. the light.. must stop.. the barking.. that hideous yapping..

Message 70/122             18-Jun-03  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

"aah, but you have to read mick and influx's 'provocative' rebuttals between the lines as well, and when you do that, it gets a bit scary, goes back to the wozzups with clay."

Im not clever enough to put things between the lines, bro.

you come off like a dick sometimes. pure and simple. So do I but you...its just different

Id still like to have that beer with you at some point, but Im just curious why the venom-level has gone up so much?

Message 71/122             19-Jun-03  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc~

influx> if i may....
and not claiming to always understand everyone here....
but i think x's last line hints at a truce.
i could be wrong.
but i'd like to believe this.
it seems we've all so much to learn about and
from ~~~~ each other.
can we do this?

Message 72/122             19-Jun-03  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Nothing to see hear folks but a bunch of "poofs". Move along.

Message 73/122             19-Jun-03  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

with your long-professed poor hand for abstraction, it goes w/o saying that these things might not be concious. did you not recently reappraise your nationalistic sentiments?

"we are all equal" but erm i never even had that one to cast off, what with being multinational since aah 3 months old, so why should i have to endure being told i know no better than others? so that i can get bogged down with 'friends?'

i've said this before, and here it comes again.. a 'friend' shares your circumstance. cookie, mick: when 'naked lunch' hit the theatres, the scene at the beginning where some roaches are hanging on the wall, some guy in the theatre yells out 'friends..'

i can't live my life behind the stove! i can't live my life behind the stove! you know???!?!?!?

some people catch what i throw.. if i think i can get you to 'go out for a long one,' i'm gonna beam you. your reactions are farcical. i've got too many things to do to play within the comfort zone, 'friends.'

i will have time to kill out there, but if you can't contain yourself from responding with anger, i don't see anything transpiring. and alcohol.. that stuff's really not good for you.

Message 74/122             19-Jun-03  @  08:35 PM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  08:36 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

The problem here, x, is that no one is calling you out as being a sheep. That's a bit insulting, especially with no concrete examples to support your opinion.

Is it wrong of us to ask you to clarify some of your abstractions? We're just trying to get where you're coming from. If you don't care or don't think you can be any clearer on some of your deeper points, then I'm sorry we bothered you at all.

We don't have to be friends, don't worry!  

Message 75/122             20-Jun-03  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

well, dude...if youre gonna come off in person, the way you seem to come off here, then yeah, Id not appreciate it.

Im thoroughly confused. just want to know why youd lash out at everyone...

we dont have to be "friends" either I just wanted to meet you but like I said if youre gonna sit there and tell me how shallow and fake I am, well...why would I want to be subjected to that?

Message 76/122             20-Jun-03  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

if you were and didn't know it, wouldn't you want to know?

Message 77/122             20-Jun-03  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

dr rude

xoxos did too much acid. Simple.

Message 78/122             20-Jun-03  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

IF, IF, IF

again, IF I was shallow and fake, yes, I would want to know it.

IF

Message 79/122             21-Jun-03  @  02:46 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:36 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 80/122             21-Jun-03  @  04:59 AM     Edit: 21-Jun-03  |  05:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Oh, did I mention that Cage and Willy S. were untalented losers. Prepare my ass zone mutherfuckers.

Message 81/122             21-Jun-03  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

Mick, that wasn't funny, so much as it was just a rather fuckin sad portrait of reality for most humans in the States, and what they are feeding to the rest of the world as cool. I'm not calling "no fair!", just kinda disappointed you couldn't come up with better.

Influx, stop being such a chump/victim here. You're looking in the wrong place. This shit is hilarious!!!! Step back for a moment and reread.

Xo, PWWAAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAAAA, In TEARS!!!!! AAAAAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Fuckin A, dude!!!!

I gotta go pee now before it ends up on my chair.

Ape

Message 82/122             21-Jun-03  @  05:43 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:40 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 83/122             21-Jun-03  @  06:59 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:39 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 84/122             21-Jun-03  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

"So are you gonna take it on your feet, or on your fuckin knees...begging?"

You want to see peoples' strengths? Stop being a sorry weakling, and show them how they can be strong. Bring their strengths out of them. This is the first time I think you're shown strength this whole thread. Up until this point, it's been fuckin weak. I see what Xo is trying to do, and I applaud him. His methods may be far from orthodox, but that some do not "get it" does not belittle his effort, and his faith in others' potential.

Am I delusional?

The whole point is that while all hold the potential, others theories are just that, and for the most part do not apply beyond distraction from evidence that the real answers lie within.

Ape

Message 85/122             21-Jun-03  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

ape? if someone is trying to make a point and FAILS DISMALLY to make that point....that doesn't injure their aim/effort? their so-called effect they were hoping to achieve?

you know what this is?

the sound of a seal clapping>
at nothing.
here's your fish.....enjoy.
the answers lie within.
something you and hero should remind yourselves of occasionally.

Message 86/122             21-Jun-03  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Little Ronnie Hubbard

I'm a little sociopath, short and stout
Can't be bothered to get on with anyone because I think you're all weak humans and deserve all that you get.

Message 87/122             21-Jun-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

dr rude

Isn't the internet great! We can all be who we want to be! James Bond Syndrome.

Message 88/122             21-Jun-03  @  01:31 PM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:38 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 89/122             21-Jun-03  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

you're certainly as defensive of your territory as one. so are you the chocolate glazed?

Message 90/122             21-Jun-03  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

Mick,

"Oh no!! Somebody said something rude. Now I have an excuse to dismiss anything else I hear or read from them!! Fuck your sorry ass superficiality. That shit's for pussies, fuck-ups, weaklings, and shit-eaters. Are youm one of those? I piss on all of that crap. Know why? Cuz you're sounding just like another fuckin sorry ass bubble dweller.

Mick and Xoxos were waling down the street one day. They went by a wall, that was smeared with shit. Mick looked at the wall and said "Ewww!!!! That's rude! SOmebody smeared shit on the wall!!I'm outta here!!" Xo looked at the wall and said " Yeah, but they did it with style!! I wonder what this person was trying to say..."

That's the difference that you seem to be stuck on.

Clay, why are you such a retard sometimes? Something is just not connected in your head. There was no failure on the part of trying to make a point because the point has been made clearly. The failure is in comprehension of that point. Sorry, you just don't see it, and so you and others just brand it at face value. Why? Cuz you're just too fuckin shallow to take things beyond the surface layer. You're happier to argue than to realize that you need to go back over something cuz you missed it and are just way too fuckin proud to admit. It's ok to have feelings hurt. It's ok to not always be the brightest or the quickest. It's not ok to pass up those learning opportunities you seem stuck on fighting because you're scared of admitting that you didn't already know.

Here's the sound of one finger raised in your sorry direction to return your insult a little more clearly. The fact that you're lacking depth and still haven't gotten over being chumped says that you have some sorry grudges, a fragile ego, and need to get more of a life. Now sit down before you fall down.

Ape

Message 91/122             21-Jun-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Maarten

How do you generate sound doing that?

Message 92/122             21-Jun-03  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

You sit down with your gear, be real fucking musician, stop trying to intellectualize the devine for a moment, and do what feels good. The music will tell you what to do from there. The more you listen, the more you will hear.

Ape

Message 93/122             22-Jun-03  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc>

ape....
so you liked the fish.
i figured you would.
your transparency astounds me.
clap clap.

clay

Message 94/122             22-Jun-03  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

d

pongoid asks: Clay, why are you such a retard sometimes?

I would like to think it's because the youngster is not yet at one with his retardhood. Once he embraces it, it will no longer be just a 'sometimes' thing.

Message 95/122             22-Jun-03  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

sure, clay. ARRR ARRR!!! LOL If I was feeling any more transparent, I guess I'd tell you to look through my body to the brown mark on my undies, then work your way back a little bit to figure out where to place your tongue, but...nahhh you're already eating enough shit, and I don't wear underwear anyway. What a bunch of donuts. Cream-puff? Powdered!

Ever see a flick called The Shadow? There was a great line in it: "The closed mind sees nothing."

In all seriousness it would do all well to go back and read this thread from the beginning. The intentions with which it started are quite good, but the real lessons are lost on minds not yet evolved and open enough to handle them, maybe even those who started the thread in the first place. Frankly I'm feeling a lack of stimulation. Caly, I could eat you up and shit you out any time, but there would be no point cuz you'd never learn anything other than to be somewhere between peanut and donut, which seems to be a cycle for you from what I can derive from your posts.

Mick, I really am sorry that you and others here just don't get all that's going on.

*shrugs

Ape

Message 96/122             22-Jun-03  @  02:26 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:37 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 97/122             22-Jun-03  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

the fcking arrogance astounds me. it really does.

you know what...any one of you fckers that thinks youre better than the rest...only you know who you are...you can fck off

true visionaries dont walk around claiming it

Message 98/122             22-Jun-03  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

Mick,

I'm afraid you got me there. I don't know.

I am however a fan of another great line as well: "...For those who speak know nothing, and find out through discourse, like those who push their luck in too many places, and those who fear a loss."

Influx, you really should chill and try to have a bit of fun. As usual, you take things WAYYY too seriously too quickly, and in doing so miss a LOT of the subtlety.

Ape

Message 99/122             22-Jun-03  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

bro,

there is ZERO subtlety in any of this. none whatsoever

it is VERY direct. Certain people think theyre better than others, more evolved, etc.

certain people also like to point out how "behind" others are. Im one being called such.

pretty direct. no sublety, no cleverness, no reading between the lines

and...honestly man...you otta look in the mirror when you tell people not to take things so seriously

Message 100/122             22-Jun-03  @  04:33 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-03  |  05:37 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

poof

Message 101/122             22-Jun-03  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

pict

No-one goes to the theory forum anymore they must have figured it all out.

Message 102/122             22-Jun-03  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Very well said, Mick. Come chat sometime if you ever get the chance...

Message 103/122             22-Jun-03  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc>

occasionally....and only occasionally>

a pearl is dropped and lost and rediscovered.

this thread was well-intended and as far as i'm concerned. just the fact that one person here picked up the book and read it makes it all
well worth it.

steppenwolf is a more difficult read and hesse claimed it to be his most misunderstood work.
alas the prize goes to siddartha.
clarity can be a good thing.

Message 104/122             22-Jun-03  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

i believe the appropriate 'topping' lol would be 'frosted' ho ho ha

i doubt rereading the thread would help.. look at influx, still defending the 'innocent..' equates to ignorance, is it not? defend them, influx, defend them!

after all.. if it weren't for this demonstration, would mick have the golden opportunity to observe himself attempting to understand others from his own media-cloistered perspective.. tsk, mick. weren't you just postulating the existence of a world beyond the thoughts of others? let your imagination embrace it's potential..

you can go back years here and find a few individuals describing themselves as 'monsters..' the per-verse, the debased..

do not fear stature and grotesque gestures, venture into the wilds, if only to look back -

hey ev'ryone, i'm a beatnick! you can ignore what i do because it's beatnick stuff!

cutthroat

Message 105/122             22-Jun-03  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Influx

yeah man Im fucking ignorant, shallow, stupid, greedy, narrow minded and all that good stuff

Message 106/122             22-Jun-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

and he figured that all out from online posts, too. Ironic.

Message 107/122             23-Jun-03  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

I'm about to piss in my chair too!

Too much. Really.

Xoxos: no one asked you! (Why is that so hard for the rest of you to say?)

Influx: I'm with ya brother, you just pointed out that an asshole is an asshole, so what? No surprises.

Victim cloister: So what if no one asked him? Why do the knives come out EVERY time someone is less than respectful. I've been known from time to time to step up and call it when someone's being a prick! But WHY OH WHY must you guys take it personaly! It takes at least a bit of insecurity to get all worked up over some self-indulgent opinion delivered at 2:00 AM from half way around the world!

Pongoid: Never think I stopped liking you! You are easily one of my favorite people on DT. An asshole, but insightful... like most bright people.

there's my contribution... guess I couldn't help but join the fray... I apologise in advance for my presumption!

e

Message 108/122             23-Jun-03  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc>

errata> no one asked you!

Message 109/122             23-Jun-03  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

LOL... yeah!

e

Message 110/122             23-Jun-03  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

why? because there's truth to it   "why you have to, i was getting all comfortable"

well the thanks i get!

Message 111/122             23-Jun-03  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

Thank you xoxos!

e

Message 112/122             23-Jun-03  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

thoreau

"if a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. let
him step to the music which he hears, however
measured or far away."

Message 113/122             24-Jun-03  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc>

amen...and thusly he should not expect others to step with him.

Message 114/122             24-Jun-03  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Influx

I just want them to step the fuck off

Message 115/122             24-Jun-03  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

Who?

Message 116/122             24-Jun-03  @  07:56 AM     Edit: 24-Jun-03  |  08:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

Them.

Speaking of "them", I'm suprised none of those superior intellects appreciated my poof-ormance art on this thread. Can't even grasp the niz concept of using the medium to negate the message thereby negating the importance fpleph of both the 9 medium and the message especially zaa within a virtual environment 8^# esfitch which in itseLf () predicates mghaop the sxeen negation of zaa blootly all 7-9=ifllwhich vernle content nezzle nezzle within ghiltTle zU weegleZot the ziggle k-noT meduim regardless Xit wogzlo wot of content, $$$! IN xzev xoxlglot EFFECT nyef nyef nnNizlint CREA1+1ing @ P@r@D1ME o7F non_content. ie., poof-tent. Zeeble *s$logolot izzn plo55lezot Kno-t.

Message 117/122             24-Jun-03  @  08:02 AM     Edit: 24-Jun-03  |  08:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Mick

It really is exhausting. It is.

Message 118/122             24-Jun-03  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Influx

THEM!

all of them. step the fuck OFF and leave me the fuck alone. superior, inferior, anterior, posterior. I dont give a fuck

Message 119/122             24-Jun-03  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

xoxos

you'll grow out of it

Message 120/122             24-Jun-03  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Influx

ahahahhahahahhahah!!!

no thanks. Id rather not

Message 121/122             24-Jun-03  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Pongoid

*slowly closes eyes, smiles, and shakes head.

Ape

Message 122/122             25-Jun-03  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

mcc>

Viewing all 122 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)