aaa got $150 want a guitar? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: got $150 want a guitar?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Jun-03  @  03:26 AM   -   got $150 want a guitar?

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

y'all know my situation - my gear credit bills will ensure that i never have any money ever. had some money on my musician's friend account and took a gamble.. mail order axe.. there were decent reviews (i figured all by washburn employees, but..)

washburn oscar schmidt 'delta' oe30b.. lists $450 on special $150. it's been a long itme itme itme since i played a real instrument.. used to have a hondo $99 strat ages ago; had a wonky epiphony (heh) for a while, played a fw fenders and squiers, but by no means more than a tinkerer, but as far as i can tell, this is an awesome deal! locking tuners (new to me.. ooh) two humbuckers actually go quiet when not playing.. (also new to me) nice action (to me that means frets don't buzz.. another first), hemi-hollow body just sings... electronics aren't disappointing either. we'll see how in-tune it is tomorrow..

i was half expecting a dud, y'know? anyway.. serendipitous if you're looking

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             10-Jun-03  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: got $150 want a guitar?

k

Link?:  No link

i tell you one guitar I was really impressed with, for a dual humbucker rock sound, and that was/is those Peavey cheap eddie van halen models - the cheapest version of the one he plays. Locking tuners, and they play beautifuly, one of the nicest guitars I played considering how cheap they are. Bit of an odd shape tho, but not ugly.

Also the Epiphone Les Pauls are good, very good, the one I bought recently is nicer than the cheap Gibson one I used to own.

Neither of those guitars gives lots of tonal variety tho.

Trouble with guitars, and especialy cheap ones, is that you can try 20 of the same model and only one feels good... so buying mail order can be a bit of a lottery, even if you are really good at setups.

Message 3/6             22-Jul-06  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: got $150 want a guitar?

nutoniom

are those mexican strats any good ?

Message 4/6             22-Jul-06  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: got $150 want a guitar?

k

Link?:  Link

no

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             22-Jul-06  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: got $150 want a guitar?

k

Link?:  Link

yamaha pacifica's are generaly noted as a very good cheap guitar, you get the trad' humbucker and 2 single coil i think, i've been working on a song with a guy who uses one in the last few weeks, they seem ok. Epiphones are ok, for a les paul type guitar, on ebay they are 'dealer cheaper' than shops

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             25-Jul-06  @  02:33 AM     Edit: 25-Jul-06  |  02:15 PM   -   RE: got $150 want a guitar?

nutoniom

will check those, althought i can't remember seeing one in a pawn shop.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)